PDA

View Full Version : Surrey Report-- A full request and a new fake girlfriend...

Hip-Hop-a-potamus
10-22-2012, 05:30 PM
What an AMAZING conference.

If any of you have not been to the Surrey International Writers Conference, you HAVE to go.

I met the lovely jjbenedictis and kimmydon, both from here at AW, and about a bazillion other new friends. Got a full request off my pitch, and my blue pencil with author Susanna Kearsley was wonderful and encouraging, when I had started to get to a low ebb. I kept running into her over the course of the weekend (even at the airport before leaving). She is fabulous. I lub her.

If you have not been to a writers conference, this is one of the best.

:D

Mclesh
10-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Sounds like an amazing time! (I'll try not to be jealous about your fake girlfriend.) Woohoo!

stormie
10-22-2012, 06:44 PM
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

Glad it turned out great for you!

regdog
10-22-2012, 06:48 PM
:PartySmil:TheWave:

Siri Kirpal
10-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Sounds like fun! Glad you enjoyed!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Phaeal
10-22-2012, 10:07 PM
CGs on the fun and full!

IAMWRITER
10-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Congrats. Sounded like it was a blast!

Chumplet
10-22-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm missing the conference by a day and a half. Leaving tomorrow for Vancouver to settle my daughter into her new apartment and job. I should have arranged to go sooner, but I probably wouldn't have had the funds to actually attend.

I'm not a big traveller, but now that I will have a relative living in the area, I might arrange to go to the conference when I get enough money together. On this trip out, I might even meet JJ! (I have her phone number, bwahahaha)

Glad you had a great time, and a request! I met Susanna a couple of years ago, and she is sweet.

L. Y.
10-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Congrats on the full!

ARoyce
10-23-2012, 01:59 AM
So jealous! I've wanted to attend for years! Glad you had such a wonderful time and got a request!!!

Hip-Hop-a-potamus
10-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks all!

Sandra, one of these days, we will get to meet, I promise! JJ is super. Hope you guys can hook up. I was happy I finally got to meet some AWers in person!

Like Susanna told me when I hoped I'd be able to attend next year, just put $10 aside per pay period, and I can try to make it. Plus, $5 here and there for royalties when "Love Lies Bleeding" comes out from Musa, possibly March 29 [shameless plug, y'all...], and I can probably do it! :)