PDA

View Full Version : You ever have one of those days that seem nearly perfect?

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm suspicious of this day. I don't mean to be but it's one of those things where, "If it's too good to be true then it probably isn't true."

Here's the situation so far...

1) I got up, late... BUT, my children (who can't seem to find their own shoes without my help) were dressed and ready to go before I got my lazy rump out of bed this am. This is a first!

2) I had coffee in the house and It was fresh!

3) My phone has only rung, rang .. whatever .. once today thus far. This is also a first!

4) Schaffer, the cat who owns me, has given me some personal space today.

5) It's Friday.

6) My bills are all paid for this month! This is the first in a long time but, not the first time ever.

7) I completed another page of the CDHH website.

8) There are chocolate chip cookies in the house! :D

9) I'm wearing comfortable clothing all of which are white with the exception of my (none of your business). :tongue

10) I've been listening to the radio all day and every song has been excellent!

There is no excessive stress on me at the moment. The sky is a beautiful blue and as I look out my window I can see the fluffy, white clouds floating by.

The only thing wrong with this day is my paranoia of it. I keep suspecting that the Universe is buttering me up for something. Do you know what I mean? It's kind of like the way someone will say or do something really nice just before asking a huge favor of you.

hummm...

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying every second of this day but I am also waiting to see what's coming next. ;)

Sincerely,
psy7ven

awatkins
01-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Enjoy it. You deserve it. Say hello to Schaffer for me. :)

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Is there an English teacher in the house?

Is my topic supposed to say:

You ever have one of those days that seem...?

Or is it supposed to say:

You ever have one of those days that seems...?

Celia Cyanide
01-21-2006, 12:28 AM
If I had one, it's certainly not today! Congrats, though. :)

Celia Cyanide
01-21-2006, 12:30 AM
I believe it is "seems," since it is referring to "one of"

where is Reph? I bet she knows.

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 12:43 AM
I had "seems" at first but then I changed it.

If it is "seems" then this will be a classic example of why it is not such a good idea to go against your initial impressions.

Shadow_Ferret
01-21-2006, 12:43 AM
I have never had one of those days.

I have never had all my bills paid for the month, ever.

I thought you weren't allowed to wear white after Labor Day.

OK, it's Friday, I'll give you that much. :)

writerterri
01-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Ohhhh. It's the calm before the storm, gearing you to stay calm for what's coming.....

sirensix
01-21-2006, 12:49 AM
I had "seems" at first but then I changed it.

If it is "seems" then this will be a classic example of why it is not such a good idea to go against your initial impressions.

It is "seems." Think of it as, "Have you ever had one that seems...?".

Though if you squint at the sentence another way, the way you typed it could be grammatically correct. Kind of a, "Have you ever had one of those 'Days-That-Seem-Absolutely-Perfect'?"

But "seems" is more correct if you're not thinking of that phrase "Days-that-seem...etc." in and of itself as a separate entity.

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Oy! I just remembered one of my dreams last night. It was about a storm. :eek:

That's fine, bring it on!! after all, what's new about stressful moments? Until hell breaks loose, I'm going to take all this goodness I can get.

Let hell wait on us! If you are having a lousy day ask yourself...is there anything about this crap that can't wait on you?

What ever is crappy that can wait, make it wait. Whatever is crappy that must be done, do it quickly and get it over with. Like a shot in the arm. Get it out of the way of your weekend.

This is your life! Take it back!! Hell can wait.

As for me, I'm going to go watch tv for a bit. This is something I seldom ever do. I'm also going to play with the animals who live in my house, this includes my husband and my children. lol

Sincerely,
psy7ven

Celia Cyanide
01-21-2006, 01:05 AM
It is "seems." Think of it as, "Have you ever had one that seems...?".

Though if you squint at the sentence another way, the way you typed it could be grammatically correct. Kind of a, "Have you ever had one of those 'Days-That-Seem-Absolutely-Perfect'?"

But "seems" is more correct if you're not thinking of that phrase "Days-that-seem...etc." in and of itself as a separate entity.

Have you ever had one of those days that seems absolutely perfect, until you have a nagging grammatical issue that won't resolve itself? :)

Maryn
01-21-2006, 01:06 AM
What's great is that you're recognizing you're having one of those days while it's happening. I often fail to recognize them until they're over.

Enjoy, enjoy. Have some wine with dinner. Be silly with the kids (reading backwards is fun). Give the animals 'forbidden' treats. Remind your husband why you adore him. Get the TV schedule and some popcorn.

A good day, beginning to end!

Maryn, wishing you many more

three seven
01-21-2006, 01:29 AM
I believe it is "seems," since it is referring to "one of"

where is Reph? I bet she knows.You're referring to those days that seem perfect. One of.

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

What movie did that come from? ... no Googling allowed.

three seven
01-21-2006, 05:53 AM
So wait, you had the day you described, then retired to randomly watch tv and that was playing? You're lying. Days like that don't exist.

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 06:02 AM
Actually, I was watching Judge Judy. She makes me laugh. One of these days she's going to blow an aneurysm. Whether that will be her own or another's is anyone's guess.

robeiae
01-21-2006, 06:05 AM
What movie did that come from? ... no Googling allowed.
Timmy...have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Airplane.

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 06:13 AM
robeiae is correct! :)

September skies
01-21-2006, 06:17 AM
forget the dream....
glad you had a great day....

you must have been wearing your red lucky panties

robeiae
01-21-2006, 06:21 AM
What?

three seven
01-21-2006, 06:21 AM
robeiae is correct! :)You mean he's the only one who wasn't thinking 'Give us a question that isn't so insultingly easy'... ;)

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Are you accusing me of deliberately insulting people with my simplicity? :hat:

robeiae
01-21-2006, 06:29 AM
You mean he's the only one who wasn't thinking 'Give us a question that isn't so insultingly easy'... ;)

You pompous, stuck-up, snot-nosed, English, giant twerp, scumbag, ****face, ****head, *******...

(We're still doin' movie quotes, right? :D )

Rob :)

three seven
01-21-2006, 06:31 AM
Ummm... Yes. No. Wait there, I just need to, erm...

three seven
01-21-2006, 06:31 AM
You pompous, stuck-up, snot-nosed, English, giant twerp, scumbag, ****face, ****head, *******...****

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Hi September skies! :)

To be honest, they're more along the lines of

THIS COLOR

I thought now might be a good time to use some distraction techniques.

Cabinscribe
01-21-2006, 06:43 AM
I'm suspicious of this day. I don't mean to be but it's one of those things where, "If it's too good to be true then it probably isn't true."
Have you checked around your house to see if Rod Serling is there?
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Sarita
01-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Wait a minute... is this psy7ven our little Gehanna, all grown up?

(and did I miss a thread on the name change while I was on vacation?)

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 06:52 AM
It will be interesting to see what kind of day I have at the hospital tomorrow. For some reason or another, I am being granted a lot of positive energy today. I have a feeling that I'm going to be spending quite a bit of it tomorrow.

Edit to add - Hiya Saritams8!! yes it's me. I was saved from the dark side and changed my name.

Sarita
01-21-2006, 06:55 AM
Yay! I wondered where you slipped off to! :)

Perfect days should be enjoyed as such. You just did everything right to get there. Hope it stays perfect through midnight.

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 06:57 AM
Thank You!

How have you been? We've not posted anything to each other in a while. I hope all is well.

Sarita
01-21-2006, 07:06 AM
I'm well. Pregnant, but not fat yet. Actually, I'm 4 months along and still dropping weight. Oh well, the Doc seems to think I'll hit the upswing soon.

We just went looking at houses tonight and found an amazing one. Of course it's just outside our comfort level for prices (not out of our price range, just a little more than we wanted to spend). I think we might do it anyway. It's beautiful. Still thinking about it.

How are things with you, aside from the perfect day?

Gehanna
01-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Pregnancy is a tough but wonderful time. Are you dropping the weight because of being sick and unable to eat or what?

you said that ... whoa! I just had a head rush!! that was weird.

Are you having a girl?

Is that house you want on a corner lot?

Edit to add - chain link fence?