You ever have one of those days that seem nearly perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I'm suspicious of this day. I don't mean to be but it's one of those things where, "If it's too good to be true then it probably isn't true."

Here's the situation so far...

1) I got up, late... BUT, my children (who can't seem to find their own shoes without my help) were dressed and ready to go before I got my lazy rump out of bed this am. This is a first!

2) I had coffee in the house and It was fresh!

3) My phone has only rung, rang .. whatever .. once today thus far. This is also a first!

4) Schaffer, the cat who owns me, has given me some personal space today.

5) It's Friday.

6) My bills are all paid for this month! This is the first in a long time but, not the first time ever.

7) I completed another page of the CDHH website.

8) There are chocolate chip cookies in the house! :D

9) I'm wearing comfortable clothing all of which are white with the exception of my (none of your business). :tongue

10) I've been listening to the radio all day and every song has been excellent!

There is no excessive stress on me at the moment. The sky is a beautiful blue and as I look out my window I can see the fluffy, white clouds floating by.

The only thing wrong with this day is my paranoia of it. I keep suspecting that the Universe is buttering me up for something. Do you know what I mean? It's kind of like the way someone will say or do something really nice just before asking a huge favor of you.

hummm...

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying every second of this day but I am also waiting to see what's coming next. ;)

Sincerely,
psy7ven

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Is there an English teacher in the house?

Is my topic supposed to say:

You ever have one of those days that seem...?

Or is it supposed to say:

You ever have one of those days that seems...?

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I had "seems" at first but then I changed it.

If it is "seems" then this will be a classic example of why it is not such a good idea to go against your initial impressions.

sirensix

Mediocre Sorceress
Registered
Reaction score
psy7ven said:
I had "seems" at first but then I changed it.

If it is "seems" then this will be a classic example of why it is not such a good idea to go against your initial impressions.

It is "seems." Think of it as, "Have you ever had one that seems...?".

Though if you squint at the sentence another way, the way you typed it could be grammatically correct. Kind of a, "Have you ever had one of those 'Days-That-Seem-Absolutely-Perfect'?"

But "seems" is more correct if you're not thinking of that phrase "Days-that-seem...etc." in and of itself as a separate entity.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Oy! I just remembered one of my dreams last night. It was about a storm. :eek:

That's fine, bring it on!! after all, what's new about stressful moments? Until hell breaks loose, I'm going to take all this goodness I can get.

Let hell wait on us! If you are having a lousy day ask yourself...is there anything about this crap that can't wait on you?

What ever is crappy that can wait, make it wait. Whatever is crappy that must be done, do it quickly and get it over with. Like a shot in the arm. Get it out of the way of your weekend.

This is your life! Take it back!! Hell can wait.

As for me, I'm going to go watch tv for a bit. This is something I seldom ever do. I'm also going to play with the animals who live in my house, this includes my husband and my children. lol

Sincerely,
psy7ven

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
sirensix said:
It is "seems." Think of it as, "Have you ever had one that seems...?".

Though if you squint at the sentence another way, the way you typed it could be grammatically correct. Kind of a, "Have you ever had one of those 'Days-That-Seem-Absolutely-Perfect'?"

But "seems" is more correct if you're not thinking of that phrase "Days-that-seem...etc." in and of itself as a separate entity.

Have you ever had one of those days that seems absolutely perfect, until you have a nagging grammatical issue that won't resolve itself? :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's great is that you're recognizing you're having one of those days while it's happening. I often fail to recognize them until they're over.

Enjoy, enjoy. Have some wine with dinner. Be silly with the kids (reading backwards is fun). Give the animals 'forbidden' treats. Remind your husband why you adore him. Get the TV schedule and some popcorn.

A good day, beginning to end!

Maryn, wishing you many more

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I was watching Judge Judy. She makes me laugh. One of these days she's going to blow an aneurysm. Whether that will be her own or another's is anyone's guess.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Are you accusing me of deliberately insulting people with my simplicity? :hat:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
three seven said:
You mean he's the only one who wasn't thinking 'Give us a question that isn't so insultingly easy'... ;)

You pompous, stuck-up, snot-nosed, English, giant twerp, scumbag, ****face, ****head, *******...

(We're still doin' movie quotes, right? :D )

Rob :)

Status
Not open for further replies.