A Confession

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I don't have a blog, and probably never will. I just don't have anything interesting to say (fer instance, who, besides me, is interested in my grandkids, my birds, or how much I love living in the country??). Heck, I can't even keep my puny little web site updated. But...but...

I LOVE to read your blogs!!!

Is it okay to confess something like this on a blogging forum? That I don't blog and probably never will, but I love to read your blogs? I love reading your comments on current events, movies, the writing life, or just life in general. I'm one of those anonymous readers you never know is there. So keep up the good work, keep those blogs updated, and keep on sharing yourselves with the invisible blog-readers-of-the-world. Blog on!

:)

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
hahaha..I know what you mean. I keep promising myself I'll start my own blog one day..but ehh..who knows. But I do keep a list of my favorite blogs in my favorites. A few AW'ers on there.

Last edited:

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Yes, Anne, it would be wonderful for you to join the comments conversations. You don't have to be a blogger to get on blogs :)

You might find that after participating in some conversations on blogs that you want to expand on the topic and see what folks have to say about that - you can either start your own blog or ask someone -- oh, I don't know, maybe your green bean casserole twin, if you can write a guest blog :)

But do comment! Oh, if you want to join the AW Monday Meme crowd you can always post your answers in my comments, I have a friend who likes to do that instead of using her own blog.

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Oh, I thought you had to be a blogger to leave a comment! I love reading those--they're so interesting and many times I've found myself following along, anxious to see who's going to say what next. :)

Well, now that I know, I guess I'll have to leave a little note from time to time. Thanks for the tip, my gbct! :D (had green bean casserole last weekend and it was yummmmy!)

You blawgers are just too cool, you know that?

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
awatkins said:
Oh, I thought you had to be a blogger to leave a comment!

Well, some of the commenting systems out there might ask you to sign up before you can leave a comment but nope, as you've discovered, you don't have to be a blogger to comment - anybody can. Being a blogger myself, I love receiving comments, lets me know that I'm not talking to the ether :p

Last edited:

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
I think LiveJournal might be the only exception - you have to sign up with LiveJournal to leave comments. It frustrates me to the point where if someone has a LiveJournal blog, I won't even bother to look at it.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Fahim said:
Well, some of the commenting systems out there might ask you to sign up before you can leave a comment but nope, as you've discovered, you don't have to be a blogger to comment - anybody can. Being a blogger myself, I love receiving comments, lets me know that I'm not talking to the ether :p

Fahim! Welcome! I haven't checked yet so if you haven't shared your blog URL on the AW Bloggers thread I hope you will so we can visit and leave comments for you.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
You blawgers are just too cool, you know that?

I'm cool? Really? I didn't know that. Whether I get comments or not, doesn't really matter to me. I'm just excited that someone is actually reading my blogs. I guess I'm easy to please.

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
Dawno said:
Fahim! Welcome! I haven't checked yet so if you haven't shared your blog URL on the AW Bloggers thread I hope you will so we can visit and leave comments for you.

Thanks :) As quidscribis has already outed my URL, I guess I don't have to :p

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Um, Fahim, honey, while it's true that I've outed you, you can still post it to the AW Bloggers thread - it's in this forum, and it's a sticky at the top. In theory, you can't miss it. :p It's so that all the blog links are in one nice, neat, ready to read thread. :)

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
awatkins said:
I don't have a blog, and probably never will. I just don't have anything interesting to say (fer instance, who, besides me, is interested in my grandkids, my birds, or how much I love living in the country??)

You're kidding right? Have you seen some of the pet blogs? I love them. My sister keeps birds and would love to look at one. (if she would just get a computer) There are a lot of people who are interested in birds and country living. I think pet birds are hard to keep. Although I sure loved my sister's birds.
Funny story: She had a canary who when you held up a piece of lettuce and said "Fly like an eagle!" it would spread its wings.
Or the parakeet that said "G*d Da*n it Roger!" in my sister's voice at odd moments and cracked everybody up.
She had lovebirds (I didn't like them) and now has cockateils. They are wonderful affectionate birds.
I think I hear an audience calling you...

awatkins

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Somebody should wash that parakeet's beak out with bird-safe soap. :ROFL:

Once upon a time, I wrote a monthly online column about birds. I did that for about three years or so, until the site stopped paying their writers. I really enjoyed it--even sent a few editors links to some of the columns and got some pretty good assignments that way. Had a comment feature for each article and everything. That was kind of blog-like, right?

Gee, Paint, now you've ruined my whole I'll-never-have-a-blog-because-I-can't-think-of-anything-to-say thing. Hmmmm.....I'll keep y'all posted. :)

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
"I don't have a blog, and probably never will. I just don't have anything interesting to say (fer instance, who, besides me, is interested in my grandkids, my birds, or how much I love living in the country??)"

Err. Excuse me. You are a grandmother, raised a family, have birds as a hobby and live out in the country and have nothing interesting to say?

I don't belief you. Live makes for very interesting stories. Personally I like blogs which feature stories life wrote with a slant on humour. It is exactly what I try to do with my blog. You also can make a blog about raising children, country living or birds where you pass on tips.

Someone once said to me; "If you lived long enough you have plenty of stories to tell." So what you are waiting for get your blog and start posting. I can't wait to read it and leave my comments on it.

huntwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
members.shaw.ca
awatkins said:
Wow, huntwriter, thanks for the encouraging words! I'm beginning to find myself thinking about this more and more..... :eek:

Good, because I will keep pushing:e2poke: you until you make your own blog. I was scared too at first and thought what the hell shall I write about. But then I did it and now I am having fun. I was scared of all the html, the set up and such fool things. But then I found out, at least with Blogger, it is really as easy as 1-2-3 and the occasional cuss word.

Go, Girl Go, you can do it:whip:

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
huntwriter said:
Err. Excuse me. You are a grandmother, raised a family, have birds as a hobby and live out in the country and have nothing interesting to say?

I don't belief you.

I agree. Of course you do. If you are living life and taking it in, you'll always have something interesting to say. It's about perception too. Our advantage, as writers, is our ability to convey our perception in words that will interest the reader. We - writers and readers - are all experiencing the same things in life but some people fail to absorb the richness of the experience or see it from an uninspiring angle (etc) and that's where we, writers/bloggers, can come in and do our duty!

Last edited:

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
awatkins said:
Oh, I thought you had to be a blogger to leave a comment! I love reading those--they're so interesting and many times I've found myself following along, anxious to see who's going to say what next. :)

Naw, you don't have to be a member to comment. At least, not with the way I have mine set up. :) All you have to do is enter the word verification thing. I started that because I was getting a TON of spam comments.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
quidscribis said:
I think LiveJournal might be the only exception - you have to sign up with LiveJournal to leave comments. It frustrates me to the point where if someone has a LiveJournal blog, I won't even bother to look at it.
Actually, even LiveJournal is customizable. It's up to the LJer if they will accept anonymous comments or not. For example, on mine, I have enabled anonymous comments, but they're screened until I release them. I've had to do that because of spam comments, too.