PDA

View Full Version : Last Resort (TV Show)

Gilroy Cullen
10-19-2012, 03:45 PM
We had enough people watching, I figured a thread might be warranted.

So what are people thinking? Are they maintaining from the pilot? Has anything become stretched too thin for your liking yet?

heza
10-19-2012, 09:37 PM
We're watching it. We've liked it so far. I very occasionally miss important plot points, though, because I'm not accustomed to the military jargon, and they seem to be dropped suddenly and briefly. ... Or maybe it's because most of what I watch is on the CW, and I'm used to having the plot right in my face and spelled out completely.

I've heard that it's getting slammed for not being Navy accurate, but not being a sailor, I can't tell one way or the other.

One thing that we're not too happy about is that we think we can already see some romance foreshadowing between the XO and the French Lady. Like watching last week's ep, during the navigation through the trench, my SO said, "why are they playing the romance music in this segment?" and he groaned when the guy was twisting his wedding ring afterward and then suddenly went to her room. I don't know... I can't really blame him because he technically hasn't done anything, yet. But having this idea that it's "going there" based on all the cues, I'm preemptively disliking him. But who knows. Maybe it's a red herring.

K. Taylor
10-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Heza, that's probably because the actors are dating in real life.

Love this show!

dpaterso
02-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Heh, I thought there might be more comments on this series. Not that it matters, I watched the last 3 eps today. I enjoyed the performances, as well as trying to figure out where the show might be going. Now I can't help but wonder where it might have gone if it hadn't been cut short. Oh well.

For posterity: Last Resort (U.S. TV series) on wikipedia.org (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Resort_%28U.S._TV_series%29)

-Derek

Gilroy Cullen
02-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Maybe CBS thought there'd be more viewers as well. :)

Personally, I loved the show, just missed the last three episodes due to other obligations.

K. Taylor
02-08-2013, 12:19 AM
ABC putting it at 8pm on Thursday and leaving it there against BIG ratings establishments was idiotic.

Gravity
02-08-2013, 01:02 AM
ABC putting it at 8pm on Thursday and leaving it there against BIG ratings establishments was idiotic.

It's the network equivalent of sending an Army staff sergeant to a radar outpost in the Aleutians.

Capeless
02-09-2013, 02:31 PM
The pilot was really strong, but after that it went downhill fast.

I remember thinking that it probably would have worked better as a movie -- sure enough, I came across this today:

Phantom trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-8h-eGVShA)

LAgrunion
02-27-2013, 10:11 AM
The pilot was really strong, but after that it went downhill fast.

I remember thinking that it probably would have worked better as a movie -- sure enough, I came across this today:

Phantom trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-8h-eGVShA)

Yeah, I agree the pilot was great, but most of the season wasn't all that. Some of the plots involving the island residents came across as a bit hokey. The thugs were kinda cartoonish.

And I agree that it might've worked better as a movie, like The Hunt for Red October. There wasn't enough of a story to stretch it into a whole season.

I just saw the last two episodes last night. I liked them. I was surprised and very glad that they tidied up the ending. Maybe they knew the show wasn't getting renewed when they wrote the last episode?

I wish it got picked up, though, despite its flaws. I enjoyed it...

K. Taylor
02-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes, they had enough time between ABC's decision and when the finale aired.