PDA

View Full Version : New Haven/University of Hartford Question

FloridianWriter
10-19-2012, 02:33 AM
In the last few chapters of my WIP my characters go to UH and New Haven, Connecticut. I've been to Connecticut before, but not to those areas. Can anyone describe the campus of UH for me, mostly the Engineering building and any high class apartment buildings and their surroundings in New Haven?

benbenberi
10-19-2012, 03:48 AM
For starters, the University of Hartford is in West Hartford, CT, not New Haven. (The University of New Haven is in West Haven, CT. The surrounding area is pretty working-class, not a neighborhood that features high-class apartment buildings.)

Have you tried checking out Google street view for the neighborhood of whichever campus you're interested in?

FloridianWriter
10-19-2012, 04:29 AM
For starters, the University of Hartford is in West Hartford, CT, not New Haven. (The University of New Haven is in West Haven, CT. The surrounding area is pretty working-class, not a neighborhood that features high-class apartment buildings.)

Have you tried checking out Google street view for the neighborhood of whichever campus you're interested in?

Yeah, I know that UH is in West Hartford, but i don't really need any info about it since my characters are inside the University the entire time, except for one pivotal moment. They head to New Haven afterwards. I've used google street view, but it doesn't exactly help when it comes to the insides of buildings like the UH campus.

Edit: So I'll still need info on the inside of the UH engineering building, but I've found an area and a somewhat high class building I like in New Haven.

benbenberi
10-19-2012, 08:18 PM
You're most likely to find "high class" apartments in downtown New Haven (where there's been a fair bit of upscale building conversions in the last decade or so from office to residential), & a pretty lively night scene (lots of restaurants, bars, cultural stuff).

FloridianWriter
10-20-2012, 08:29 AM
You're most likely to find "high class" apartments in downtown New Haven (where there's been a fair bit of upscale building conversions in the last decade or so from office to residential), & a pretty lively night scene (lots of restaurants, bars, cultural stuff).

I believe it is in that area. Thanks for the help. :)