E-Book Settlement Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
I know there's a thread started on the settlement, but this is a variation on a theme. I don't want this to become a debate on right vs. wrong and the long term effects. What I would like is for people to take of their writing/editing/publishing hats for a moment and think as readers....

I have an idea.

Even though I'm a Nook/Barnes and Noble customer, I received an email today saying that unless I request to be excluded from the settlement, I will be receiving a refund, in the form of an e-gift certification, for eligible purchases. My first thought was, "Yeah! I get to buy more books!" but then I started to really think about it and realized that I would be surprised if it really amounted to anything for me as an individual.

I ultimately came to the conclusion that really, for various reasons (if you ask, I will share but I don't want to debate, it's not important here), I would rather see the money go to a non-profit organization that supports literacy.

Here are my questions:
1. Is this an option that would appeal to you?
2. Do you have any suggestions for that type of organization?
3. Any suggestions on how to go about convincing Barnes and Noble and Amazon to make this an option?
4. Which e-reader do you use?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.