Any good Urban Fantasy novels or short stories with the Internet as a key theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanatic Rat

Sometimes I didn't even give a damn
Registered
Reaction score
Internet being a central theme in stories is a bit of an obsession of mine, and I was interested if there any UF books or stories out there that focus heavily on it. I don't just mean the protagonist put in a Google search on page 146, something more involved than that, yeah? Bonus points if internet culture is a big part of it too.

Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
It's safe to say the internets are important in my series - the protagonist is a massive geek, explicitly referencing memes, speaking in lolcat (though not constantly, just little bits of "I can has?"), losing hours to kitteh videos, etc.

Tech as a whole is of major importance as half of the main cast are nanite constructs, and have HUDs, in-brain instant messenger/not!Skype, and have to deal with upgrades, widgets, and the occasional OS glitch. ^_^

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Lauren Beukes' Moxyland might have some of the things you're looking for, although I think that's categorized as "cyberpunk," rather than "urban fantasy."

Status
Not open for further replies.