Breaking: Terrorist plot to blow up Federal Reserve Back, thwarted by FBI.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Breaking news.

Here.

Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafism, a 21-year-old man, has been arrested on suspicion of planning to blow up the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, federal officials said. Authorities say he attempted to detonate what he believed was a 1,000-pound bomb. This story is developing. As soon as we learn information we'll update the blog below.

Here:

The 21-year-old suspect, Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, attempted to detonate what he thought was a 1,000-pound bomb in front of the Fed building on Liberty Street, but the device was a fake supplied to him by undercover FBI agents who had been tracking his activity, the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force said Wednesday afternoon.

A U.S. official told Fox News that President Obama was Nafis' first target, but the criminal complaint only refers to "a high-ranking official." The complaint also mentions the New York Stock Exchange as a proposed target.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/1...eserve-bank-in-nyc-sources-say/#ixzz29ah0TTmS

& Here.

Authorities said the suspect, Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, 21, drove a van he believed to be loaded with a 1,000-pound bomb from Long Island to lower Manhattan and placed the van near the Federal Reserve Bank. He then allegedly tried to detonate explosives with a cellphone. He was arrested by the FBI and New York police.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
This appears to be of the genre "Terror clown duped in somewhat entrapment-y way by incredibly helpful FBI plant". "You want to blow up the Fed? Sure, here's a massive bomb!"

Glad he's out of circulation; not sure anyone was ever in danger.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
This appears to be of the genre "Terror clown duped in somewhat entrapment-y way by incredibly helpful FBI plant". "You want to blow up the Fed? Sure, here's a massive bomb!"

Glad he's out of circulation; not sure anyone was ever in danger.

Well, if he was determined to kill someone, he would have succeeded. The question I'm sure will be raised how much of this was his idea.

Torgo

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Well, if he was determined to kill someone, he would have succeeded. The question I'm sure will be raised how much of this was his idea.

Recent history suggests he's probably on a par with people who try to hire hitmen to kill their spouses and end up talking to an undercover cop.

Torgo

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Well, yeah. Isn't that what happened in a broader sense. But if they hadn't, he would have done something.

Yeah; I'm glad if someone who intended to kill loads of people got taken off the streets. He's still a garden-variety terror clown, though, and not a season finale Big Bad on 24. I sometimes find the DEADLY TERROR PLOT FOILED narrative a little overblown, given that the deadliness is usually a function of how helpful the FBI are.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
It is, but the gold here in our vaults belong to other nations and other central banks. The U.S. gold stockpile is at Fort Knox, which is decidedly more difficult to blow up.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to, but every time I try to get into the building now, I have to go through enhanced security. And some of our po-po forget the lube.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
Glad to see he is off the streets. Now that we are all agreed it was an act of terror by a terrorist group, reckon they could do something about rounding up the people who killed the Ambassador and three others in Libya?

It's just a tad easier to catch terrorists in New York who fell into FBI stings then it is in a country undergoing a civil war. Where some of the factions might not be as pro American as we might like.

Reaction score
It's a little weird that the FBI let's the sting get all the way to actually parking the van outside and leaving.

Did they not have enough evidence on the guy until then?

I guess they like drama.

Either way, good job.

Glad that we had FBI plants ready to meet this numskull.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
It's a little weird that the FBI let's the sting get all the way to actually parking the van outside and leaving.

I guess they like drama.

Either way, good job.

Glad that we had FBI plants ready to meet this numskull.

Maybe they wanted a picture of him with his fingers in his ears when he thought the bomb was about to go boom?

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score

I imagine they wanted to make the evidence as solid as possible - and letting him go through 100% of the attempt is pretty solid. And they did, after all, know it was a dummy bomb.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
From the story I was listening to on NPR on my way home, sounds like the guy was basically al Qaeda's version of a fame whore. Must've been pretty provincial to think he could cripple the US economy (supposedly his goal) with one half-ton bomb.

Glad he's in custody.

Reaction score
I imagine they wanted to make the evidence as solid as possible - and letting him go through 100% of the attempt is pretty solid. And they did, after all, know it was a dummy bomb.

Yeah, I guess.

Maybe they led him so deep down the road that his FBI partner did most of the work.

And they didn't feel like they had a solid solid conviction until he actually pushed the detonation button himself.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess.

Maybe they led him so deep down the road that his FBI partner did most of the work.
Or they were using him to try to lure out higher level organizers or financial backers if there were any. If it turns out he was just a semi-loner stooge, no harm is done, but if he's a cog in the wheel, even a little intel is worth planting a fake bomb.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, we now know that there is a large cooperative terrorist organization operating in the US...they're called the FBI. They're so dedicated to stopping terrorists, they actually make them just to stop them. I feel safe.

Graz

Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that out of all the 12 branches of the Federal Reserve, the one in New York is the one where all the gold is stored.

They also do the trading in markets for the US Fed. US money printing has caused food prices to skyrocket globally. Poor nations that see 40% or more of their disposable income go to buying food are being crushed. Escalating food prices lit the fuse for the so called Arab Spring