Binders full of women

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
So, by now, everyone here knows about Mitt and his Binders full of women. Specifically, how he commissioned the binders from different groups in order to staff his administration with more women.

Nice. Good for him. However...it's bullshit. And a step or two beyond normal political "truthiness".

http://gawker.com/5952447/those-bin...pile-them-or-pay-particular-attention-to-them

there was in fact a "binder full of women," but it wasn't commissioned or compiled by Romney or his aides — it was put together by a collective of Massachusetts women's organizations called MassGAP before the 2002 election.

further on

After flipping through it, Romney did truthfully appoint a commendable number of women to senior-level positions in his cabinet (42 percent overall), but, as Bernstein notes, "those were almost all to head departments and agencies that he didn't care about — and in some cases, that he quite specifically wanted to not really do anything."

I don't know how verifiable the bit about "didn't care about or do nothing with" is, but the fact that there were no female partners at Bain capital is verifiable.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
the telling parts of that article:
Bernstein goes on to point out that, far more troubling, is Romney's claim that, despite having "led and consulted for businesses for 25 years [he] didn't know any qualified women, or know where to find any qualified women."

Not particularly surprising given that in the nearly two decades that Romney was head of Bain Capital, there wasn't a single female partner.

Since I work closely with a lot of VC's, it doesn't surprise me. But it doesn't mean I like it either.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
What's a binder?

standardrring.jpg

Kind of hard to keep ladies in there.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
The last binder full of women I saw was on the TV show Big Love.

Ketzel

Leaving on the 2:19
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. I was actually one of the women whose resume was in the MassGap binder. It was compiled before the election for the use of whoever was elected Governor, in order to increase the number of women in the pool for the new administration's senior management appointees. There is no way in hell I would have agreed to be included if it had only been for Romney.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
MassGAP's official statement can be found here if you scroll down.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
You know, if I had binders full of women, it might have saved me a lot of trouble with my first two wives, not to mention money...

I wonder if he seperates the women into the binders by hair color?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
For a moment I thought this thread was in the Erotica room, and we'd be discussing some hot binding action. So disappointed to find out otherwise...

Reaction score
The Obama administration flat out lies about Benghazi and is doing everything possible to cover up and take no responsibility for it and his supporters are worried about dirty dishes and binders full of women.

Nice.

Last edited:

JoyceH

Registered
Reaction score
Website
joyceharmon.wordpress.com
Here's why Binders Full of Women is important. How Romney stated the sequence of events - HE saw that the staffing proposal didn't have enough women, HE told his staff to make an effort to find more, HE tasked the women's groups to find him more candidates. What actually happened - the women's group, on its own initiative, compiled the binders of qualified candidates and turned it over to the transition team without prompting. That makes Romney that familiar figure in the world of business - the guy who takes credit for other people's work. Everyone who's ever been in the work force knows guys like that. And we don't like them.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
The Obama administration flat out lies about Benghazi and is doing everything possible to cover up and take no responsibility for it and his supporters are worried about dirty dishes and binders full of women.

Nice.
Well, what else have they got?