• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Betareader request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick112391

Registered
Reaction score
Eh, I'm not sure how I would describe the story I'm working on. I guess you could say it's like a psychotic romance/horror type thing.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Patrick, I'd suggest you add this info to your request:
- Genre.
- Category (childrens, MG, YA, NA, adult).
- Word count.
- What kind of feedback you're looking for.
- If possible, a link to where you've posted the query or first chapter in Share Your Work. If not, a brief blurb or summary of the book.
- Whether or not you're willing to trade beta-reads with people, and, if you are, what genre(s) you're willing to critique.
- Whether the ms is a polished, final version, a rough first draft, or an incomplete WIP.
- Preferred time frame for turn-around.

Patrick112391

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry about that. The genre is fiction. Its category is Young Adult/Romance. Its word count is 4,472. The feedback I'm looking for is flow and characterization in behalf of the story sounding too rushed. It is an incomplete WIP. I am going to assume that the preferred time frame for turn-around means when do I expect my work to be finished. Overall, I'm not sure. I don't have my work posted anywhere. However, I would be okay with sending the document to an individual.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Finding a beta involves finding someone you can trust and work with, for both participants.

Having your second post on the forum be one asking for a beta is problematic for you and the prospective beta, because neither of you knows anything about the other.

I'd suggest posting and reading a lot more on AW, especially in Share Your Work (SYW). Read a lot of crits, and even post a few crits. Make sure you read the stickies.

I'd also suggest that once you reach 50 posts you post an excerpt in SYW, for crit. After you've had some crits and edited and you're a bit better known, you'll have much more response that way to finding a beta.

If you then decide to post in Beta Readers asking for a beta reader, make sure you follow the instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.