PDA

View Full Version : Blatant self promo that failed

anthonysunderland
10-12-2012, 02:03 PM
I've just been on the Kindle boards and one post looked like a book recommendation but was actually an OTT self promo. Some of the put downs were hilarious.

I just had to see what the author was making all the fuss about so when I got to his Amazon page I just burst out laughing.

He's ranked 5 1/2 million. That's right - Million.

He really should have got a better ranking before trying that trick.

shaldna
10-12-2012, 03:26 PM
I've found that the Kindle boards are full of that sort of thing - to be honest, most writing sites and forums are to an extent.

Polenth
10-12-2012, 09:48 PM
But nothing beats the guy who shot himself, and claimed it was a drive-by shooting, to promote his book. Especially as it wasn't published and available. There's always someone worse at promotion out there.

Bookewyrme
10-13-2012, 06:40 AM
But nothing beats the guy who shot himself, and claimed it was a drive-by shooting, to promote his book. Especially as it wasn't published and available. There's always someone worse at promotion out there.
By your logic though, there would have to be someone worse than your guy out there too. But I think the only way to be worse than that guy would be to somehow kill yourself as a self-promo. In which case they would also get a Darwin Award, I would think.

Polenth
10-13-2012, 10:23 AM
By your logic though, there would have to be someone worse than your guy out there too. But I think the only way to be worse than that guy would be to somehow kill yourself as a self-promo. In which case they would also get a Darwin Award, I would think.

The guy who shot himself only shot himself a little bit. There's still severing a limb and many other exciting ways to self promote!

Then there's thinking big, like releasing a virus that kills all readers.

Just because we haven't heard of it yet doesn't mean it won't happen.

meowzbark
10-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Pretty sure the zombie guy in Florida is about to publish a book.

(JK....I hope.)