"Called the White House for a reason."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Do people not realize that their names and faces actually show up when they tweet? O-o

I'd bet that less than 1% of people saying stupid things on Twitter would be willing to own their words in person in a room with ten people, but they don't mind saying it in a public platform that can reach millions.

tamara

What the what?
Registered
Reaction score
And they're saying it's not racist? I do not think that word means what they think it means.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*SIGH*

I'm so tired of the hate, racist remarks and the monkey/gorilla cartoons and jokes, that I'll be glad when "the whites" take the White House back.

... I am soooo not kidding. :(

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
When I first heard that I was so stunned that anyone alive today could be that blatantly hate-filled and stupid that it didn't quite compute.

"Well yes," I said "Because it's white."

Seriously.

I don't- I can't - what really astonishes me about racists is that they all believe they're being clever, funny, witty, making logical, obvious arguments etc. They don't seem to realise just how stupid they sound.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
It is plainly obvious that some exist in a time warp. People can see YOUR FACE.

I bet money these people work with or at least encounter Black people. Now that they've made their racism known world wide,I wonder what reactions they think they will receive amongst sane people.

This kind of blatant racism doesn't fly now. You cannot get away with this ish anymore. It isn't the 50s when virulent racism was accepted. When you see these kind of attitudes,these are people terrified of their privilege/power slipping away and they become unreasonable.

Last edited:

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
That phrase was going around when Obama first ran for president. Ugh.

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
Fail on their parts.

Korea has a blue house.

Argentina has a pink house.

Wait, did I give them too much credit??? Maybe?

And it isn't clever...

Plus that whole "Not to be racist" thing gets to me too. It's always followed by *racist remark* and then defended by, "But I didn't mean it to be racist."

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, this is a thing on Twitter now:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbl66clQ261reec5so2_500.png

Don't care who you're for, this is so damn ignorant on multiple levels (racism and historically).
I was quite confused at one of those, I read that word as Mecca instead of [']Merica.

And yes, I've seen that shirt both on Facebook and linked to in a tweet.

But are any of these peeps in public office or public service (other than maybe a police officer in or mayor of a small town)? (Yes, I'm thinking of some other threads in P&CE from the past year on idiotic things said by people in high public office, though the comments weren't racial)

They can't do much damage, but the Internet gives them an audience of offended people (like in this thread) much larger than they deserve.

djrashn

Deus ex Harry Potter.
Registered
Reaction score
They can't do much damage, but the Internet gives them an audience of offended people (like in this thread) much larger than they deserve.

Thank you. I was unaware that I was offended, I though I was just disappointed with the usual nonsense.

They can't do much damage

They do more damage than you think, and the admission of that mindset speaks volumes, especially after having been denied for the past 4 years. But I have to go to work now, so I'll leave the rest of my explanation for a later time.

Last edited:

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. Stuff like this again? Just resigned to the fact that there are those who choose to remain stubbornly ignorant in the face of fact. I have better things to spend my energy on than being offended by such idiots. Time to write. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.