• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta-Reader for Fairy-tale Retelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
So like the title says, I need a beta-reader for my retelling of Beauty and the Beast. My retelling is set in New Orleans during the 1830s, right after the Nat Turner rebellions.

Please PM me if interested. I have posted the opening 5 pages in the YA SYW section if you want to see that.

I need someone who is:

1. Good with grammar
2. Can tell me about the plot, character development, flow...
3. If you're a history nut like me, that would be the icing on the cake.

Okay, that's all I have for now. I just got out of a 2 hour lecture, but please PM me if interested.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I am interested in possibly helping you out. I noticed you posted with a couple weeks ago, so I don't know if you still need or want a beta. PM me if you want my help.

As far as your three goals, here is how I can help.
1. If something is glaring I can help. If it is a blatant grammar error I can help. If it just doesn't sound right, I will let you know.
2. I will be able to let you know about issues, plot holes, sections or characters that don't feel right, etc.
3. I was an Africana Studies minor in college(I couldn't triple major). I have great working knowledge of the enslavement period throughout all of the Americas.

Status
Not open for further replies.