So, this African prince wants to give me 30 million dollars. Seems legit?

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
A few days ago, I got an email from a very kind African prince. He's trying to get his money out of the country due to some kind of trouble, and wants me to help him with it. He would like my phone number, residence and bank account. What do you guys think? His name is Goodluck Solomon. I mean, with a name like Goodluck, how could he not be trustworthy????

Here is my correspondence with him:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Email 1:
Dear Friend,

My name is Mr. Goodluck Solomon. I am a banker holding position of assistance director general foreign remittance department in bank of Africa here in Cote D;Ivoire Abidjan I have a business proposal of $31. 5 Million United States Dollars which I want you to handle for me from my bank as a next of kin to the bank deceased customer (ENGR RON MORRIS) he was among the victims of Monday, 31 July, 2000, 13:22 GMT 14:22 UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm

which will not take us much time and i will use my position here in the bank to make sure the bank transfer the fund direct into your account beside no risk to fear.

If you are interested I shall send to you the details of the business. Also this matter should be a confidential between you and me and please delete it if you are not interested. Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.

Thank with best regards,
Mr. Goodluck Solomon.

My response:

I think this sounds fantastic, However, I currently owe the IRS around 20 thousand USD which means, considering they could garnish my wages (and have before), I would need to open a new bank account to secure these funds without the US Government discovering it. Typically speaking, this requires around $2000.

While I am a man of means, and have money, most of what I have in the short term will need to go to the tax bureau. I filed an extension in april and must make some form of payment within the month of October... Let me know what you think.

Thank you,

Jay.

Email 2:
Dear Jay,

I thank you for your response and kind consideration towards my proposal, I do still need your telephone number, your full address, date of bird and your full names that I requested from you. However, this is legitimate transaction and my full intent for which I solicited you is to front you as the beneficiary of the outstanding $31. 5 Million United States Dollars so that the bank will release the funds into any account that you will provide. Please I want you to understand that I have made several inquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives, but have been unsuccessful. After several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his last name over the internet, to see if I could locate any member of his family hence I came across your contact you are going to been the relatives now because as soon as I read from you all the documents is going to change on your name as the next of kin as the bank do not required any proof of relation. I want you to NOTE this, i do not know what you might have been involved in the past that did not yelid positive, all i want you to know is that incase there is bill to pay, we will share what ever comes out of it.. But promise me that immediately the fund gets to your account that you will furnish to the back, you will not betray me.. I am saying this because MY WORD IS MY BOND

Please Sir, this late Engineer Ron Morris is a extended family of yours now, but please I want it to be between us only, because I still work with the bank as a staff and I don’t want the bank management under any circumstances to know that I am involve in this deal or else this will hinder the transfer and I could be held for giving out bank classified information to competitors, I hope you understand what I am talking about. Before I proceed with you I want you to assure me that you will not involve a third party, you will keep all information that will be passed to you during the transfer process confidential.

I will use your requested address and telephone that you are going to provide to me to place in the computer file of the deceased as the relative. As soon as this is done, you become the beneficiary and then you can make claim of the funds without any question, although the Management Board shall send a questionnaire - in line with the banking regulation - which you have to answer. But that is not going to be a problem because I shall provide you with the answers.

Bear in mind, that as I am the financial adviser/personal account manager to the deceased until his death and then even the bank knows that I am the only person that stands the position of providing the next of kin (any of the deceased relatives) to whom the funds will be released, and this is the reason why I approached you with the hope that you will be considerate to my position and understand our chances to move this funds into a bank account that you will provide for the transfer.

As long as your name will be placed as the next of kin with the deceased, coupled with my status as the financial adviser/personal account manager to the deceased, you have to know that nobody will question your claims over these inheritance funds and we have to work together towards this objective.

I think I have made this issue very clear to the best of your understanding of which I hope that after going through this, you will make known to me, your final decision and position over my proposal which is going to be very beneficial to the both of us and our respective families upon the conclusion of the transfer.

Thanks in advance for your understanding while I look forward to your very urgent response and I will call you on to talk with you.

Best regards,

Mr. Goodluck Solomon

My response:

No sir, thank you for your reply!

I do not have a phone number currently. I was fired from my job after I killed a man with my bare hands. I spent a bit of time in prison. I also lived in a halfway house, although it has been closed, so I live under a bridge.

http://staugustine.com/police-repor...-ends-transitional-housing-hotel#.UHMSNk3R52A

I stole my laptop from my work when I was let go (it had since been paid off and no one noticed the asset missing)

At this point, I could really use the money. So lets see what we can do here! It would be great.

Thanks so much for this opportunity.

Jay

For some reason he has not gotten back to me... Should I be worried? I really need the cash.

ETA: Meant Banker :)

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried except that he is from the Ivory coast and not from Zimbabwe where this sort of thing is regularly carried out to everyone's satisfaction.

There are one or two imposters in the ivory coast, though I don't think any of them are empoyed in the banking industry, at least according to my last intelligence.

so you kill with your bare hands...

.. I'd like to introduce you to my mother in law and can have about 20 million dollars in your bank account next thursday if that turns out well. That should help you with your tax problems and, don't worry, I won't report our little transaction to the IRS.

Please forward me you full name, address, ss#, phone number, bank account number and any passwords you have, when you get any of these.

your temporary partner

Snake-eye Porter

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I felt really bad about murdering that 10 year old, but he had it coming.

I could really use 20 million dollars actually. It would cover my debts and allow me to buy Amazing Fantasy #15 (First appearance of spiderman!)