What was the first story you ever wrote about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhuds21

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Mine was, when I was seven, called The Crack in the Ceiling, and was a rip off of one my Mum wrote called The Hole in the Wall, even down to the character names. Thankfully, I've grown out of that habit now.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Oh, goodness. I've been writing for such a long time. But I recently found a copy of a story I wrote in school called 'The Princess and The Lion'. I guess I must have been five, or so?

Some of my themes are already apparent at such a young age. Physically strong and capable female characters who handle life on their own terms, dangerous beasts and a quest.

This either means I had a very strong idea about wanted to write at a young age OR that I have not evolved as a writer since the age of five. You decide!

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Something about people, titled after chess pieces, fighting a war with mechs, with a splash of romance and "saving the princess" ending. There were win brothers, "test-tube" babies, raised to be opponents in this game.

I think I killed it around 50 pages, and started on a different story.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
High school. There was a doctor, a hayloft and a strategically placed upturned pitchfork. That's about all I remember, except the story was pretty horrible.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
I cannot remember how old I was, but I crayon-wrote and illustrated a story about a puppy detective who went around solving crimes and having adventures, then had grandmother help me sew the pages together down the middle so it would look like a "real book."

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
"No Snow on Christmas," typed in black and red ink on a typewriter as I sat on the floor in the living room. I don't remember how old I was, but it wasn't very.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
I honestly can't remember the very first. The earliest I can remember was one I wrote in the 1st grade where my friends and I were magical battle princesses who took down the evil villain Dark Lord guy who was totes in love with me and my magical battle skills.

Don't know if it had a title. I was never very good with them and ignore them until they become necessary.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
They never got recorded or written down, but apparently I was telling fantasy and adventure stories to anyone who would listen by the time I was three.

The first one *I* remember writing down? I can't actually answer as to age or details on an open forum, I'm afraid. ;)

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
My first story was one I wrote for a creative writing class when I was...I dunno, 13? It was about the invention of the parachute.

There was a poor peasant who fancied the kingdom's princess. every time she visited his small village, he would ask her to marry him. She eventually tired of his advances and offered him a deal. "Jump off a cliff."

For months he planned and plotted and tested ways in which he could do that, and still live to marry the one he loved. He invented the parachute, jumped off a cliff, and landed squarely in the town center at the feet of the princess. Impressed with his ingenuity and persistance, she proposed.

He declined. He had a new love, and it was skydiving. The end.
(Base jumping would be the proper term, I think.)

I'm still thinking of rewriting it. xD

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I once found evidence of the adventures of Hawaiian Dave (or Bob, can't remember) who used all the junk in his messy room to build a rocket and fly it to the moon. It was illustrated in Crayola, no less.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Horses. I went through a long horse story phase because I was so profoundly affected by Black Beauty. :)

Eldritch

Registered
Reaction score
In the graveyard, talking to the statues.
In third grade I wrote a book about two Martians named Mary and Marvin. I used lined paper and illustrated it with a blue ink pen. I still have that book. I recently took a look at it, and it was really sucky, much worse than I remembered it being.

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I was probably in 6ht-7th grade. It was about a love triangle with high school kids were one loved chemistry so she blew something up. Clearly, I don't remember the details. lol

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
My first story ever was a short about a kid throwing a temper tantrum in the grocery store. I think I was 12.

That's about all I remember about it except that I embellished a true story I had witnessed and felt bad that I had to fudge some of the facts to make it a more interesting story. I thought I had done it wrong.

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
I don't remember the stuff I wrote in grade 1.
Grade 2: The Heart that Got Lost

acockey

Bronies, Bronies Everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
wow taking me back!

I have always been a fantasy guy, I do not know why. The first story I wrote was in high school. It was about a warrior princess elf, her guiding fairy assistant, and her love interest a Mage called rain. An elf story with all the tropes you can have.

@quickwit don't all guys end up writing about gratuitous boobs at that age?

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First grade, about what I wanted to do when I grew up. Actually, I showed pretty sophisticated language skills, throughout the whole paragraph. :)

Jeff

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
First one I remember finishing was in fifth grade. It was about Robert E. Lee's surrender at Appomattox.

I was heavily into Gone with the Wind at the time. ;)

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
When I was a kid, I wrote many of my stories in poems. One was when I was about ten or eleven and was called something like "First Love". I met the boy of my dreams and it was first love!

My real first narrative story was when I was in high school and was about a boy who was blind but he could "see" things sighted people could not see. In fact, I think I still have that story with all my school stuff.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
In grammar school, I started writing a story about a girl who gets into a chemistry lab accident at school and is sent back to King Arthur's court. Except.... we didn't have chemistry at my school, not even at high school level, so my knowledge of all things chemistry came from cartoons and mad-scientist movies. My setting lacked a certain level of accuracy.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Most of my really early stories were all fanfics of whatever cartoon, show or comic I was infatuated at the time. I never wrote any of them down, but those were my first stories.

The first story I did write down was for a 3rd grade contest. We were studying Tall Tales (aka Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan, John Henry) and had to come up with one of our own. Mine was "Bone Cat", a cat who looked like a bone who would let dogs bury it. Then it would dig itself out and wait in a nearby tree to laugh at the dog when it came back for its bone.

I won the contest and my story was printed in the 3rd grade section of the school newsletter.

As a teen, I wrote down my fanfics, but my first original story was inspired by a character in a D&D game that I thought wasn't seeing its full potential. That started me on writing my own fiction.

jeffo20

Tyrant King
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doubtingwriter.blogspot.com
I'm sure I wrote stuff before this, but the first time I really got fired up about writing was in sixth grade. My teacher posted a picture on the blackboard and told us to write a story about it. As I recall, it was a picture of a gloomy Victorian house. I started the story in school, took it home, and wrote something like an 11-page 'epic' that was part Scooby-doo, part Stephen King, and all horrible. The class loved it and I was totally hooked on writing.

I blogged about it (complete with excerpts) last year.

http://doubtingwriter.blogspot.com/2012/02/origins.html

Status
Not open for further replies.