PDA

View Full Version : I have a gruesome zombie finger

jjdebenedictis
10-05-2012, 01:14 AM
...and the photos just do not do it justice, which is why I outlined the bruise in the second version. (No it does not look like a peen, you pervert!)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d86/jen_deben/GruesomeFinger.jpg

What happened? Well, I helped my cousin move on Monday and I managed to crunch my knuckle pretty hard under a box. It puffed up and hurt (the knuckle, not the box), but it didn't feel like I'd done any serious structural damage to my finger, so I've pretty much ignored the injury since.

But I guess the blood has nowhere to go, in a finger. Now I've got this blackened blotch that goes right up to the nail and spreads down onto the back of my hand. I swear, I only bashed the knuckle! And it doesn't even hurt anymore!

So now you know. Helping someone schlep their belongings into a new apartment puts you at risk of zombie-ism. The undead apocalypse, when it comes, will start on moving day. 'Ware the first of the month.

Kerosene
10-05-2012, 01:34 AM
My mother had the same thing! I threatened to cut it off.

Have you been to the local Zombie-treatment facility and had it checked out? (Quickcare, or small clinic).

It looks like male genitalia.

backslashbaby
10-05-2012, 01:58 AM
:ROFL: :ROFL:

I have 4 creepy toes, but they are always like that. It's a congenital deformity related to the spina bifida I was born with. But they are so creepy and crooked :ROFL: I love weird-looking body parts :D I really have to get them bone-grafted one of these days, which is not nearly as fun ;)

I hope your finger gets back to normal soon :) !

jjdebenedictis
10-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Have you been to the local Zombie-treatment facility and had it checked out? (Quickcare, or small clinic). Naw, it really doesn't seem badly hurt. I do bruise easily. (I also live in a country where going to the doctor does not cost anything extra, so I'm fine with taking the gamble on this not needing care.) Thanks for the concern!

But I'll warn El Husbando that if he catches me trying to nibble on his scalp, he should immediately chain me up in the shed with some video games.

jjdebenedictis
10-05-2012, 02:22 AM
I have 4 creepy toes, but they are always like that. It's a congenital deformity related to the spina bifida I was born with. But they are so creepy and crooked :ROFL: I love weird-looking body parts :D I really have to get them bone-grafted one of these days, which is not nearly as fun ;)Yeah, that doesn't sound fun--grafting is for trees, not for me! (Unless they can set me up with an extra arm that grows fresh mandarins...)

Thanks for the well-wishes. :)

SWest
10-05-2012, 02:25 AM
:Hug2:

Blood vessels in the fingers, so, they're not cushioned well (no fat).

If the blotch is getting bigger, not smaller...yeah, see a Doctor, not spots. 'K?

Otherwise, this thread makes me wish I'd photo'd my finger when I pulled the nail off slamming it in the back door.

:rolleyes:

backslashbaby
10-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Yeah, that doesn't sound fun--grafting is for trees, not for me! (Unless they can set me up with an extra arm that grows fresh mandarins...)

Thanks for the well-wishes. :)

Now, see, that would be really cool! :D

leahzero
10-05-2012, 04:39 PM
As much as I want you to get better, JJ, I equally want you to turn into a full-blown zombie.

Please keep us updated.

Anninyn
10-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Zombie finger? I'm watching you.

LadyVonFright
10-05-2012, 05:53 PM
you should totally take that to the press!!! i bet people would pay good money for a person with a real live zombie finger :)

ccarver30
10-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Do you have a craving for brains?? Stay away from Woody Harrelson.

jjdebenedictis
10-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Do you have a craving for brains?? Stay away from Woody Harrelson.I'm vegetarian.

But, you know, I have been wandering around the house lately saying, "Graaaaaains... Graaaaains..."

jjdebenedictis
10-05-2012, 08:19 PM
As much as I want you to get better, JJ, I equally want you to turn into a full-blown zombie.

Please keep us updated.I'm looking at that quote under your user-name and thinking you just want a fellow zombie writer pal on AW!

jjdebenedictis
10-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Blood vessels in the fingers, so, they're not cushioned well (no fat).

If the blotch is getting bigger, not smaller...yeah, see a Doctor, not spots. 'K?The bruise has been getting bigger, although it always looks better when I first wake up in the morning. Today I wrapped a strip of t-shirt material around it as a mini-tensor bandage. Hopefully that will both help whatever's still bleeding heal up, as well as protect the finger from little bumps and knocks.

Although typing is proving an interesting experience, now.

I had a friend whose fingernail fell off after an argument with a hammer. He kept the nail taped to his finger afterward. The injury wasn't hurting him too badly, provided he didn't bump that sensitive exposed area, and he figured the original protection could keep doing its job while he grew the new nail underneath it.

BeatrixKiddo
10-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Actually, now that you mention it, it does kind of look like a peen.

Hey, you were the "perv" that felt the need to put that image in our heads. ;)