PDA

View Full Version : Beta Needed for a YA Speculative Thriller

Stiger05
10-03-2012, 02:51 AM
**ETA: Thanks guys! I got some volunteers, so I'm good for this draft!**

I just finished my latest draft of my YA thriller and need a final beta before I start querying. I made a fairly big adjustment to the story and am mostly concerned as to whether everything flows well. Of course, I'm always open to line edits too. Whatever you want to give!

I'm not in a huge rush, but I would like to query this before the end of October. I am available to swap if you need a reader as well. I read mostly YA & MG: thriller/suspense, contemporary, light fantasy, mystery, dystopian...pretty much everything. I'm not a huge reader of paranormal, so I don't know how good I would be there.

Let me know if you're interested! Here's my query:

Sixteen-year-old Dot Parker has forty-eight hours before the government kills her dad.

Her father invented the cube, an electrical system that harvests energy from emotions. Thanks to Dot’s dad, for the last fifteen years the country has been powered by love. But the system is failing, and now the government wants to switch to a more efficient and controllable emotion: fear. A shift that can only be activated with a password.

And the password only exists in Dot’s head.

Alone, broke, and on the run from the same agents who took her dad, Dot has two days to scramble from her home in Alabama to the government facility in California. The string of numbers in her brain is the only thing keeping her dad alive, and she has no intention of turning it over. Not until she sees her dad in one piece. And definitely not until she learns how to destroy the cube system.

Because Dot has been behind Door Number Four. She’s experienced how the government plans to illicit fear, and she has the torture scars to prove it. Her dad knows the system, Dot knows the password, and only together can they stop the switch—and the torment of millions of innocent people. If the agents catch her first, though, Dot’s going back behind Door Number Four, and this time there will be no escape.

Door Number Four is a 60,000 word YA Speculative Thriller.

Violeta
10-03-2012, 03:41 AM
PM'ed you.

missesdash
10-05-2012, 05:32 PM
ooooh sounds awesome and it's nice and short. Pm'ing you

Stiger05
10-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the responses!!