Registered
Reaction score
Halloween.

Get off my lawn! :rant:

tamara

What the what?
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like Halloween either. I'm willing to be the project manager on all the other holidays, but this one, I'm out.

ETA: It doesn't help that October also contains two kids' birthdays and two traveling weekends for standing gigs. I can't wait until November.

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
The ongoing war between radio stations claiming to have the original "Rock-tober"

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Winter follows it.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I hate Halloween too! We have a Harvest Party at church that's super fun, but Halloween itself scares my kids. Get off my lawn, too, Halloween.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Halloween.

I turn off the outside lights and pretend I'm not at home. I used to buy a bunch of candy, then eat most of it after Halloween.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm neutral on Halloween specifically (we don't decorate or buy candy, but my kid goes trick or treating and we all dress up in our Renn costumes one last time for the year).

I hate that October signals the start of "Holiday Season". If it's in season, can we shoot it? Thanksgiving? Whatever. Christmas? Kill me. And all of the hullaballoo seems to have free license to take over as of Oct. 1.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Halloween.

To be more precise, I LOVE the idea of Halloween, would dress up and party every Halloween if I had the chance. But... But Australia doesn't seem to "do" Halloween.

The past 2 years or so have seen an increase in Halloween kitsch in stores, but still only 2 trick-or-treaters per year knocking on my door.

Phooey.

I swear, one year I'll make it to America for a kick-arse Halloween party... One year...

Bah humbug!

GingerGunlock

paralibrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
authorizedmusings.blogspot.com
I hate that Halloween shilling starts in August >.>

I hate that winter comes so soon and hard afterwards.

I hate it when people bother me with their Halloween-ness. Keep yourself to yourself!

(at risk of making a light hearted thread too serious, I liked Halloween well enough until my dad was killed in a motorcycle accident on Halloween)

Timmy V.

Banned
Reaction score
The weed allergies hit ya hard in October. (in New England)

let the frost come.

Specval

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, lots of halloween hate. I personally love the holiday. However, I hate the guilt I feel after eating all the left over candy.

One thing I hate about October is seeing the x-mas stuff making it's way into the stores. Now that's a holiday I tend to hate!!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I hate the heat. It's the middle of Spring, we shouldn't have Summer weather already!

It's deceptive though. I'll wake up in the morning, and it'll be kind of cool, kind of warm. So I figure, "Yeah, I'll wear long pants and a T-shirt." Then I'm out most of the day, and it turns into a real stinker. Bah!

Next week, I'm just wearing shorts, even if it pisses down with rain.

KDDante

Registered
Reaction score
The worst thing about October is that it only last for 31 days. :(

Rolkus

Thunder from Downunder
Registered
Reaction score
I kind of wished we celebrated Halloween in Aus. Very few people do, but I wouldn't mind dressing the kids up.

Scottish Writer

Registered
Reaction score
October means the start of quarter 4. In my line of work (Financial) it means the start of a crazy sprint until Christmas. always a depressing month

p.s. - I love how big Halloween is over in the states. Its not that big here in the UK or well here in Scotland at least. The talk of Candy (sweets to us Brits), Lawns (grass to us Brits) always makes me laugh. God bless America. :D

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Verny. What's there to hate about crisp, sunny weather, changing leaves and free candy? I mean...they're FUN sized!

Stop.The.Hate.

:D

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You are dead to me now, Lavern. ;)

I loooove Halloween. That's actually my favorite holiday of the year. I just hate the winter that comes after October.