PDA

View Full Version : Things I Hate About October...

Lavern08
10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Halloween.

Get off my lawn! :rant:

tamara
10-01-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't like Halloween either. I'm willing to be the project manager on all the other holidays, but this one, I'm out.

ETA: It doesn't help that October also contains two kids' birthdays and two traveling weekends for standing gigs. I can't wait until November.

Maze Runner
10-01-2012, 09:02 PM
100+ degree weather!

archerjoe
10-01-2012, 09:20 PM
The ongoing war between radio stations claiming to have the original "Rock-tober"

L.J.
10-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Winter follows it.

heyjude
10-01-2012, 09:54 PM
I hate Halloween too! We have a Harvest Party at church that's super fun, but Halloween itself scares my kids. Get off my lawn, too, Halloween.

alleycat
10-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Halloween.

I turn off the outside lights and pretend I'm not at home. I used to buy a bunch of candy, then eat most of it after Halloween.

WildScribe
10-01-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm neutral on Halloween specifically (we don't decorate or buy candy, but my kid goes trick or treating and we all dress up in our Renn costumes one last time for the year).

I hate that October signals the start of "Holiday Season". If it's in season, can we shoot it? Thanksgiving? Whatever. Christmas? Kill me. And all of the hullaballoo seems to have free license to take over as of Oct. 1.

Tepelus
10-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Raking leaves. That's it. Love October and Halloween!

Griffinvw
10-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Mine is more what I hate about October in Georgia, but I hate that it still feels like summer.

Cliff Face
10-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Halloween.

To be more precise, I LOVE the idea of Halloween, would dress up and party every Halloween if I had the chance. But... But Australia doesn't seem to "do" Halloween.

The past 2 years or so have seen an increase in Halloween kitsch in stores, but still only 2 trick-or-treaters per year knocking on my door.

Phooey.

I swear, one year I'll make it to America for a kick-arse Halloween party... One year...

Bah humbug!

GingerGunlock
10-03-2012, 06:36 AM
I hate that Halloween shilling starts in August >.>

I hate that winter comes so soon and hard afterwards.

I hate it when people bother me with their Halloween-ness. Keep yourself to yourself!

(at risk of making a light hearted thread too serious, I liked Halloween well enough until my dad was killed in a motorcycle accident on Halloween)

Timmy V.
10-03-2012, 06:39 AM
The weed allergies hit ya hard in October. (in New England)

let the frost come.

Specval
10-03-2012, 06:41 AM
Wow, lots of halloween hate. I personally love the holiday. However, I hate the guilt I feel after eating all the left over candy.

One thing I hate about October is seeing the x-mas stuff making it's way into the stores. Now that's a holiday I tend to hate!!

Cliff Face
10-03-2012, 12:31 PM
I hate the heat. It's the middle of Spring, we shouldn't have Summer weather already!

It's deceptive though. I'll wake up in the morning, and it'll be kind of cool, kind of warm. So I figure, "Yeah, I'll wear long pants and a T-shirt." Then I'm out most of the day, and it turns into a real stinker. Bah!

Next week, I'm just wearing shorts, even if it pisses down with rain.

KDDante
10-03-2012, 09:37 PM
The worst thing about October is that it only last for 31 days. :(

Rolkus
10-04-2012, 07:42 AM
I kind of wished we celebrated Halloween in Aus. Very few people do, but I wouldn't mind dressing the kids up.

Scottish Writer
10-04-2012, 12:23 PM
October means the start of quarter 4. In my line of work (Financial) it means the start of a crazy sprint until Christmas. always a depressing month

p.s. - I love how big Halloween is over in the states. Its not that big here in the UK or well here in Scotland at least. The talk of Candy (sweets to us Brits), Lawns (grass to us Brits) always makes me laugh. God bless America. :D

kayleamay
10-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Oh, Verny. What's there to hate about crisp, sunny weather, changing leaves and free candy? I mean...they're FUN sized!

Stop.The.Hate.

:D

ccarver30
10-05-2012, 12:32 AM
I'm not a fan either. The older I get, the more I do not like it. I don't know why, really. Hmm...

kayleamay
10-05-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm not a fan either. The older I get, the more I do not like it. I don't know why, really. Hmm...

It's because Vern tainted your mind with duh hate. :D

Lavern08
10-05-2012, 08:33 PM
It's because Vern tainted your mind with duh hate. :D

Trust me, she lurved every minute of it and asked for more. ;)

Mclesh
10-05-2012, 08:38 PM
The ongoing war between radio stations claiming to have the original "Rock-tober"

:roll:

benbradley
10-05-2012, 08:57 PM
All the hype about #nanowrimo

BeatrixKiddo
10-06-2012, 09:54 PM
You are dead to me now, Lavern. ;)

I loooove Halloween. That's actually my favorite holiday of the year. I just hate the winter that comes after October.

parumpdragon
10-06-2012, 09:57 PM
No winter here. Not much anyway.

Oct is always in the 90s temp wise. November the 80s, and December finally bring the 50s-70s weather... which only lasts til April [that long if we're lucky].

*sighs

;)

Lavern08
10-07-2012, 04:08 AM
You are dead to me now, Lavern. ;)

Pfffft,

I'm older and bigger - You don't scare me, Missy! :tongue

LJD
10-07-2012, 06:24 AM
It gets cold by the end of the month, and dark far too early.
Plus I have a crappy anniversary coming up in about a week. Uggh.

zenith
10-11-2012, 10:08 PM
I hate the fact I'm not a farmer in Oct, lol.

Lavern08
10-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Ummmmm,

Frankenstorms? :Shrug:

Snowstorm
10-29-2012, 05:41 PM
I really hate October every four years because we have had to listen to the blathering of presidential politicians for years and this is the final month before the election. I can't wait until it's over (well, assuming Obama wins). I love Halloween, but in this tiny burg there are no kids and thus no trick-or-treaters. But there's still LOTS of candy, yahno, jut in case.

French Maiden
10-29-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm in Australia, but the things I hate about October are:
1. Swooking Magpies (A native bird that swoop everything to the point of taking large chunks of flesh out of people's heads and even blinding people to protect their young)
2. The bees. they're everywhere (It's spring here).
3. Halloween, I dont do it, dont get sweets for the kids, dont open my door, dont do anything and would NEVER allow my kids to do it.

benbradley
10-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Ummmmm,

Frankenstorms? :Shrug:

I really hate October every four years because we have had to listen to the blathering of presidential politicians for years and this is the final month before the election. I can't wait until it's over (well, assuming Obama wins). I love Halloween, but in this tiny burg there are no kids and thus no trick-or-treaters. But there's still LOTS of candy, yahno, jut in case.
I was just hearing some NPR show Talk Of The Nation where they said the Sandy has frozen the campaigns, and depending on how bad it is (as in how much it sucks up all the news coverage), the Presidential campaign may have already ended.

But I look forward to hearing the candidates say how awful the storm is. not