• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for partner for a sci-fi/religious book/series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Yarbrough

Will write for peace of mind
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on a sci-fi/religious book and it seems that I have bitten off more than I can chew with it. The book is good so far and the idea for the series is great but I don't think it is something I can do alone. I need someone that will be willing to co-write this book/series with me. If anyone is interested email me.

[email protected]

Kevin Yarbrough

Registered
Reaction score
You can read the first two chapters in the share your work forum, sci-fi/fantasy. Just look for the one with my name.

Kevin Yarbrough

Registered
Reaction score
Bringing this back up to the top. Is there anybody interested? Maybe to help with the first book and not the whole series?

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
Kevin Yarbrough said:
Bringing this back up to the top. Is there anybody interested? Maybe to help with the first book and not the whole series?

Kevin, I might be interested - didn't see this before (I skim through the boards :p) else I would have responded sooner :) Will first read the first two chapters first to see the direction you're taking and then let you know. Either way, I will respond ... Of course, I do tend to get distracted by bright, shiny objects along the way - so if I don't get back to you soon, fell free to prod me a bit :p

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
OK, I've already written to you with the same response as above. I can't find your story on SYW - probably because it was posted a while back and the entries have been pruned since then ... If you could mail me the first two chapters, I'll go through it and tell you whether I'm in or not ... if you want me in that is :p

Kevin Yarbrough

Registered
Reaction score
Eggward, the first chapter is only a prologue to give the reader a little background on what is going on. The next chapter is in 2005 and it is the start of Armageddon. The setting of the proluge does not mean anything, it was just a place they settled. They are always on the move as the Vatican is set to destroy them.

The religious theme is because the books deals with Angels and Demons, how they came to Earth and helped create modern man. Disgusted with us the Demons set out to destroy us.

The book might have an undercurrent somewhat similiar to Dune (which I loved by the way too) with the religious aspects of it, but Dune had a lot more than just that: the religious, political, and enviromental tones in the book will make it a book not many will be able to mock, or should.

The book is sci-fi as the Angel and Demons are not some creature created by an all powerful God, they are something else. I have the background for them already done, their history on how they came here, why they came here, and more importantly, why they hate man so much.

There is a lot involved in this book/series and that is why I don't want to tackle it on my own. The history of man is a lie, the Bible is used to lead us astray. Was Jesus really the son of God or something else? Did everything in the Bible happen as it says it does? or is there falsehoods placed in it to mislead man?

This is backstory and I really don't want to delve to much into it but I do need it to know where the story came from and where it is headed. This bits and peices will be peppered throughout the story but the story deals with our time and our encroaching extermination.

If you are interested in helping write the story Eggward then email and I can tell you more. Fahim has declined for reasons I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.