RIP Michael O'Hare

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Very sad news. I saw this yesterday. "The one that was" has now passed beyond the rim (or is still with Babylon 4 fighting in the first Shadow War). :)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Very sad news. Babylon 5 was one of my favourite shows of all time and he was great in it. RIP, Michael.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
RIP. I was re-watching B5 recently. I thought he was a good actor, although I wasn't too fond of the character. The character was too mellow in my opinion. He did a wonderful job in A War Without End (the two parter in season 3).

That's the third B5 actor who died. The others were Andreas K. (G'Kar) and Richard Biggs (Dr. Franklin). In the B5 "Lost Tales", they're mentioned as 'exploring beyond the Rim'.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I'll survive when the news comes about Peter Jurasik. Hopefully in another 40-50 years. :)

Sad to see these people go. The show was so special, so soulful.

I didn't warm up to O'Hare (Sinclair) at first, but by the time I did, I felt like the rug was pulled out from under me with the introduction of Sheridan (Boxleitner). I remember not liking him . . . at first . . . then, hell, I just couldn't help it. I think it was his confrontation with Morden about Z'Ha'Dum that did it for me.

I didn't watch the show when it was on the air. A friend gave me season 1 as a gift and I watched it, then got hooked and bought season 2, 3, 4, and 5. So, I never saw previews for "next week on Babylon 5."

When Michael O'Hare turned up on Garibaldi's vid-messages as ranger 1, holy cow, I squealed! And when the War Without End happened. I think I was changed forever. I was completely in the dark, had no idea what was happening, and did not "get it" until the very end. Happily so. He provided one of the best "OMG" moments in television history for me. I mean. Whoah. I still watch that 2-parter and still get chills at the end.

He will be sadly missed.

On a side note, has anyone read the comics (3 in the series) about what happened to Sinclair when he went back in time? It is pretty cool. Tells us a little about Zathras and Catherine Sakai. Great closure if you're ever interested.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001PE65FY/?tag=absowrit-20

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, Zathras (Tim Choate) is also dead, and Zack (Jeff Conaway).

Duh! Thanks. I hadn't heard about Tim Choate. And I had forgotten that I did hear about Jeff Conaway. (A little denial, maybe? :))