PDA

View Full Version : Jim Sturgess

Rachel Udin
09-29-2012, 10:16 PM
http://www.racebending.com/v4/blog/jim-sturgess-cloud-atlas-yellowface/

Why? I don't know where to start.

I know the article is talking mostly about Yellowface, but really? He had to just make fun of the hurt in Native American and African Americans too by including blackface and "redface" in there too and mocking the hurt feelings over it?

And no, this does not mean to jam up his twitter feed. Keep it respectful. Don't justify his thoughts... seriously.

I'll say it again, some people amaze me in the wrong ways. I keep hoping we'd get over this and keep being proven wrong.

Upside the redone Sherlock Holmes, Elementary, looks awesome. I'd *love* though if a PoC was Holmes, but that's nitpicking. Also consciously doing some women's rights. www.racebending.com/v4/featured/elementary-dear-lucy/

It's a good distraction from Jim Sturgess.

Kitty27
10-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Chile,please.

This is what POC get pissed about the most. Over and over,we tell people what is offensive and what hurts. Either we are told to get over it or we are being too sensitive.

Sometimes,I wonder if anyone is even listening to us.

Sigh.

Then I pull myself together and continue to write my books. They are my antidote to this kind of foolishness.

Jcomp
10-01-2012, 07:57 PM
I didn't even know who Jim Sturgess was. Had to look it up first. A couple things, A) to be fair, he didn't say "redface" in the tweet I saw imaged in the link, and B) he's a tiny, tiny part of a larger problem, I don't think it works to anyone's benefit to get too upset over something idiotic he tweeted out. It's a small reminder where one isn't necessary, nothing more.