Early cars -- 1900 - 1910

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Hi there! I need a car that was made in Britain and exported to the Colonies. Just a typical car. It should look something like this.

Especially important is the hood, which would need to be up most of the time as it is being driven in Guyana. Preferably a hard top, but maybe they didn't have those yet? My research has not brought up anything useful. Maybe someone knows more. That one is a Ford. What would be the Brit equivalent? All I can think of is Rolls Royce, but maybe they were too posh? Did they all have to be cranked around then? Or maybe Archie imported it from America, in which case the car could be American.

Come to think of it there's an Auto Museum near where I live. Maybe I should pay them a visit! And get an actual close up look. Now that's in idea. But in the meantime, I;d like to hear recommendations, if anyone's an expert here.

Last edited:

Kenn

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what ones would have been imported into Guyana, but Riley, Wolsey, Rover, Lanchester and Austin were all around then. The starter motor wasn't invented until a little (but not much) later.