Reagan's dream come true: The militaries of US & China teaming up to combat a UFO threat

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I sh-t you not.

The following news item is NOT from the National Enquirer. It's from Veterans Today, The Military and Foreign Affairs Journal. And the reporter with his name attached to the piece is one of the senior editors of that publication.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/09/17/ufo-war-chinese-and-us-navy-off-san-francisco/

UFO War: Chinese and US Navy off San Francisco

Joint Fleets Fend Off UFO Threat

by Gordon Duff, Senior Editor

This last week, reports of Chinese naval vessels off the US coast, Northern Californian in particular, have been reported but denied.

Now an Asian intelligence agency reports that a combined fleet operation between the US and China has been going on, a full combat operation against what we are told is a “highly unfriendly extra-terrestrial threat.”

The verifications of the fleet operations have been many, there have been no confirmations from the US side though the ships have been seen by every vessel that makes it offshore. The true nature of both the threat and the extent of the multinational military force used is beyond any imaginable classification level....

Diana? Where are you??

Meanwhile, if you read the rest of the piece, the editor, Gordon Duff, goes on to explain that he has been stragely contacted by various government entities about all this, and received a "laughable" threat from one anonymous party. He expresses personal annoyance over these incidents, as well as what I interpret as a spiteful determinationn to get more info on this entire UFO matter.

And then the comments section includes a vast smorgasboard of laughter, crazy talk, and ocassional insightfulness.

Last edited:

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
We have always been at war with the Space Zombies.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Time to get the tin foil hat out of storage, I guess.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Ah yes, (airquotes) "extraterrestrials", supposed sentient beings from outside our blue planet. We have dismissed that claim.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
To be honest, I don't think the militaries are serious.

I mean I believe they are doing this, but I don't think they are seriously expecting an extraterrestrial attack. The CDC has started using zombies as the focus point of their disaster/epidemic preparedness drills, and I think this is for several reasons:

1) It's funny.

2) It's non-specific so it allows people to think of preparedness practice as applicable to any scenario.

3) Because it's funny, it both entertains people and downplays the depressing, terrifying reality of the actual disaster scenarios, so people may be more likely to participate.

I suspect the militaries are doing something similar by not specifying a real-world threat to have joint training maneuvers against. Relations with places like Russia, Iran, etc., are just too volatile right now for that, I think. It would be incredibly stupid for major powers to designate, say, Iran, as the what-if bad guy. Space aliens make a convenient make-believe target for what is basically a typical joint international activity. Maybe they got the idea from the Liam Neeson movie, I don't know, but I think that's what's up.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
If somebody has the technology to get to Earth from another solar system and were looking for a fight, there wouldn't be the remotest chance of a naval battle. There'd be some blinding flashes and then a lot of glugging noises.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
If somebody has the technology to get to Earth from another solar system and were looking for a fight, there wouldn't be the remotest chance of a naval battle. There'd be some blinding flashes and then a lot of glugging noises.

I'm not sure those would scare me as much as a naval attack.

Oh! You mean we'd see a flash and then we'd glug out our last breaths. Oh, yeah, I guess so, then.

;)

PD: Not where they can be seen, probably. I can't personally confirm as I'm on the east coast. But naval maneuvers "off the coast" of a place are seldom seen and only rarely publicized. It would be a huge deal if the US did joint maneuvers with China because that would be a step forward in relations and a strong message to Russia and Iran, but I can see several reasons why the administration would want to avoid publicizing it in the media just at the moment.

Or it could all be false.

Do we know which reports came first - the military pubs or the Weekly World News?

Last edited:

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Time to get the tin foil hat out of storage, I guess.
I've got a special on aluminium ones, but they have the strange side-effect of making the wearer speak proper British english.
Well, we whupped their asses pretty good in War of the Worlds and Independence Day, IIRC. :D

I think your scenario is more likely if it comes to a fight, though. We already know how to build bombs to eliminate humans and cause relatively little planetary damage, and we're still a long way from FTL. Then there's the whole biology thing, which such a society would probably be just as advanced in. One superbug and a few trillion flesh-processing nanobots, and Eden is ready for a reboot.

If aliens show up, my bet's on the peaceful traders with the ability to nova stars if anybody else starts some shit. I think warrior societies like you posited would dead-end by destroying themselves eventually. The only other fate I see for coercive societies is devolving technologically due to ever-increasing centralization and regulation with the consequent stifling of creativity and incentive combined with the overhead incurred by the bureaucratic machine and the friction between political factions... much as we've seen the standard of living stagnate over the last decade here on planet earth.

Given its current path, whether earth will self-destruct or just devolve is yet to be seen.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a special on aluminium ones, but they have the strange side-effect of making the wearer speak proper British english.

Well, we whupped their asses pretty good in War of the Worlds and Independence Day, IIRC. :D

Well, technically speaking they gave us a proper spanking in War of the Worlds. Fortunately the Martians' bacterial protection programme left a lot to be desired.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score

Well, duh, those were the runts at the end. We kind of went along until the Reapers really tore us apart and left us prime for the drej.

I'm not the only one who watched Titan A.E., right?

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
You are assuming that they must have highly advanced weapons. What if the majority of their science is dedicated to travel and communication? Perhaps they've never encountered a planet like ours where the dominant lifeform is evolved from pack predators and constantly wars with itself?

The question remains: are the Chinese and US navies operating a joint mission with each other off the coast of California?
Could you use Google Earth to find out?

If aliens show up, my bet's on the peaceful traders with the ability to nova stars if anybody else starts some shit. I think warrior societies like you posited would dead-end by destroying themselves eventually. The only other fate I see for coercive societies is devolving technologically due to ever-increasing centralization and regulation with the consequent stifling of creativity and incentive combined with the overhead incurred by the bureaucratic machine and the friction between political factions... much as we've seen the standard of living stagnate over the last decade here on planet earth.

Given its current path, whether earth will self-destruct or just devolve is yet to be seen.

Why would peaceful traders want to supernova a system filled with customers?

You are also applying a US economic history on an alien civilization. I think it would be highly possible that first contact would be with an economic empire that would infiltrate (assuming that they had that ability) and basically rape the planet. (think something between Ferengi (STNG) and Centauri (Babylon 5.)

How many CEO's are people that people actually meet? They could be photoshopped people and all transactions are done wirelessly and then they just pay local thugs well to carry out the goon plan. For all we know the people behind mountain top removal and GMO foods could be a means to take resources and pacify the populace.

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I checked the guy's profile on that site and looked at his previous articles. It's mostly crazy conspiracy theories and lots of stuff about the horrible things Israel is planning. Now, while I don't personally trust Israel much, I think some of his stuff is a bit over the top and...okay, here's an example.

ARIZONA
What if I were to tell you that highly authoritative experts believe the State of Arizona is largely under the control of Mexican drug lords and organized crime? Who do I ask? We have a former candidate for governor on staff, retired intelligence officers, retired very senior FBI along with broad access to those public servants who will talk privately though most live in fear.
A week ago, Cochise County Sheriff Larry Deaver died in a “one car accident” while on an empty road. He was heading out on a hunting trip, planning to meet with his son. His 2008 4 wheel drive Dodge pickup truck ran off an empty dirt road and he was killed. We know different. This was an assassination using a commonly known tactic called “Boston brakes.” Look it up on your computer, it makes for very good reading.

As much as I'd like to think we made contact with aliens--because like Don, I don't think interstellar travel is likely to come from a "warrior" species--I really think this guy is just a nut.

EDIT: Actually, there's also some 9/11 Truther articles and other similar stuff.

If there was an actual alien invasion, I guess fringers would be the first to notice the evidence, though. Stopped clock, twice a day, etc.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
The question remains: are the Chinese and US navies operating a joint mission with each other off the coast of California?
If they are, my guess is that it's a training exercise way for the DOD to assess what kind of threat the Chinese are. If their toasters and tv's are representative of their ability to manufature high end products, then they are not much of a threat to us. That said, they would also not be much of a threat to an interstellar species. Although, if ET's don't have much weaponry and are relying on just hiding underwater, depth charges don't have to be particularly high tech and then the Chinese fleet might be of use.

Actually, calling the Chinese for help is one of the least believable parts of the story to me. Had it been Japan or Russia etc. it would have been a better plot hook for me.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
Seeing as how military exchanges between the US and the PRC are abysmal, I'd say there's virtually zero chance of any type of combined naval operation happening anywhere with these guys. The only time they'll come together will be to fight, and since the Chinese are holding their resources close to shepherd along the whole Senkaku Islands flareup, I'd say this is not just a hoax, but a poorly conceived one, at that.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry...I heard about this two weeks ago. Not particularly credible. Most UFO's are not extraterrestrial in origin. Most are from Agartha, many are from the Nazi's Anarctic and Lunar bases, some are US Airforce craft, some are from the future, some from other dimensions, and a tiny few are from Zeta Reticula (bad greys), Orion (good greys), Reptoids (Draco), and the Nordics (from...um...I forget). I hope this clears up and misunderstandings.

Wikileaks released info last year on the US Airforces' battle against a squadron saucer craft from the South Pole (Space Nazi's or Agarthans). We lost.

We would lose in an air or naval battle against any of those adversaries...

It is said that Werner Von Braun revealed that the last card to be played by the evil TPTB would be the fake alien invasion (which is when the real aliens will attack).

Sorry to be late to the party...