A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Read a banned book or two.

http://www.ala.org/advocacy/banned/bannedbooksweek

Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the Freedom to Read

... The books featured during Banned Books Week have all been targeted with removal or restrictions in libraries and schools. While books have been and continue to be banned, part of the Banned Books Week celebration is the fact that, in a majority of cases, the books have remained available. This happens only thanks to the efforts of librarians, teachers, students, and community members who stand up and speak out for the freedom to read....

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I may be too subversive. My first impulsive reaction to the OP was to run out and ban a book. :D

But yeah, definitely, one of my favorite weeks. I think I'll make time to engage in the radical and subversive action of visiting a local independent brick-and-mortar bookseller.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've already read a great number of the books on that list and many of them when I was in high school. So does that mean I've always been a subversive or I was indoctrinated by public education?

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
I've already read a great number of the books on that list and many of them when I was in high school. So does that mean I've always been a subversive or I was indoctrinated by public education?

It means that a good public education is subversive.

And vice-subversa.