PDA

View Full Version : Arrow

Pages : [1] 2

Shadow Dragon
09-29-2012, 02:06 AM
So, it looks like Green Arrow (DC Comics character) is getting a live action show on the CW. The trailer makes it look interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaq6S_Hcwn4

Dr Strange
09-29-2012, 03:59 AM
I will give it a shot because I heart superheroes, and green arrow is badass. I don't think it'll turn out good though. Gotta be better than Revolution.

mhjess
09-29-2012, 05:18 AM
I have a lot of hope for this show. I need Katie Cassidy on my television weekly. She made Harper's Island for me. Okay, so the serial killer on an island thing would've had me regardless, but Katie Cassidy was a definite plus!

K. Taylor
09-29-2012, 07:36 AM
It's one of the most anticipated pilots/shows of the new season. Reviewers/critics have talked highly of it.

Cybernaught
09-29-2012, 08:31 AM
A promising iteration of the character. I'm looking forward to this.

CrastersBabies
09-30-2012, 02:07 AM
They need something to fill that Samllville gap. Happily on board.

LadyV
09-30-2012, 04:34 AM
I don't typically watch the CW, but the preview definitely has me intrigued. Plus, I have an odd fascination with archery. Yeah, I'll have to check this out.

Shadow Dragon
10-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Just saw the first episode. I don't know much about Green Arrow, other than the version of him in the Justice League/JL: Unlimited, so I don't know how accurate this depiction is but I liked it. Everyone involved in the fights did a fantastic job, the twist at the end was nice, and according to the preview, we're going to get another hero in the show. Weird thing is, she looked a lot like Black Cat, a Marvel hero who often shows up in Spiderman stories.

As a side note, I wouldn't mind seeing some crossovers with other DC heroes in the show. Maybe the Batman from the movies if they can afford it. Or Huntress, that would be cheap and bring in another archer hero.

Calla Lily
10-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Pleasant. Inoffensive. I only turned it on while waiting for Supernatural, and saw that "Ruby" is in it. :)

I'll give it a second ep.

veinglory
10-11-2012, 06:02 AM
It looks... adequate, so far.

K. Taylor
10-11-2012, 09:15 AM
It's different from what I'm used to of Green Arrow, a darker take. But well-cast, and I'm very impressed with the parkour usage.

Shadow Dragon
10-11-2012, 09:19 AM
I think we'll probably get the snarky Green Arrow in time, it's just that the beginning needed to be more serious. I'm curious if we'll get Speedy in the show. He's had some good animated adaptions in Teen Titans and Young Justice.

Also, if they do a live action Justice League movie anytime in the next few years, I hope they use this Green Arrow.

TNK
10-11-2012, 11:33 AM
I liked it. I hope it stays around for awhile. :D

veinglory
10-11-2012, 06:38 PM
I see the Green Arrow as radically different based on the 500 or so issues of it in my closet. Not even close. And I would have preferred more Marvel and less Hamlet.

But I'll give it a chance.

AlexPiper
10-11-2012, 08:31 PM
And I would have preferred more Marvel and less Hamlet.
Green Arrow done a'la Marvel would probably get DC suing someone, since he's theirs. ;)

And they do seem to have a nod to the comics as more than just basic foundation. I mean, he had Deathstroke's mask impaled on an arrow on the island by his rescue-me bonfire, which suggests strongly that at some point during those five years he fought and killed Slade Wilson (no mean feat). This seems to be backed up by the fact that the preview for episode two showed him fighting Ravager (Slade's daughter Rose Wilson).

That aside, there were some pretty ridiculous bits. (How convenient that someone scarred and burned over so much of their body was scarred so photogenically and their face/hands/forearms were untouched!) But the lead was actually believable as parkour-hero-Ollie in the action scenes, and I don't entirely mind the darker take.

After all, trying to bring four-color heroes across to live-action television without *some* sort of adaptation rarely seems to work well.

Pterofan
10-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Liked the pilot, but wondering: does anyone know why Justin Hartley (Green Arrow on Smallville) didn't get the part?

I'm betting the blonde next week is Black Canary. Dinah Laurel Lance, indeed.

K. Taylor
10-12-2012, 02:56 AM
Pterofan, they aren't doing a show connected to Smallville at all, so he was never asked. New takes with new people behind it and all that.

Comics Green Arrow has had 2 takes - a lighter version and a mature run from 1987-early '90s.

JanDarby
10-12-2012, 03:06 AM
I'm in the "adequate" camp. I wanted to like it, and it's better than other shows in the same general genre that I've wanted to like over the years, but there wasn't anything particularly compelling about it, other than the visuals. The dialogue was generally pretty mundane.

Manuel Royal
10-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Missed it! Not sure if it'll be On Demand. Available on Hulu Plus, but not free Hulu (as yet). I've seen some clips that look interesting.

K. Taylor
10-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Manuel, it'll be on the CW's site.

GeorgeK
10-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Other than a few scenes of some pretty decent parkour, I found it riddled with not plot holes, but plot craters. I'm not familiar with the Green Arrow superhero, and maybe the plot depends on already knowing the backstory. I found it a mix of cliche and unbelieveable and did not set the DVR to record the series.

CrastersBabies
10-13-2012, 03:37 AM
I thought it was okay for a pilot. I'm not really interested in seeing the male/female love interest thing turn into the gal saying, "But, I see something to LOVE in you, even though you verbally abuse me and push me away," BS.

I thought the hero was interesting enough.

It was very "piloty" in a sense, so that can point to better subsequent episodes.

AlexPiper
10-14-2012, 02:58 AM
There are now images of John Barrowman, and of Slade Wilson in his mask (http://www.themarysue.com/things-we-saw-today-first-look-at-john-barrowman-in-arrow/). :)

Manuel Royal
10-15-2012, 02:26 AM
Okay, watched the pilot. Good action scenes. Flat dialogue (and some really clumsy expositional lines).

Shadow Dragon
10-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Second episode was decent and gave us what could be a reoccurring villain (that Triad leader). Though I'm not really liking the detective guy. He's coming across as a douche with control issues.

K. Taylor
10-18-2012, 10:09 AM
That was Kelly Hu as the white-haired assassin.

Laurel's dad? He has a good reason for a chip on his shoulder. He's just a protective dad, and someone who goes by the book. Cops don't support vigilantes.

Sheryl Nantus
10-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Though I'm not really liking the detective guy. He's coming across as a douche with control issues.

I'd love to see how he's justifying this to his superiors. Like, getting cops killed and basically running amok.

I'm waiting to see how the bodyguard turns. He's a smart cookie who might dig out Ollie's secrets on his own.

:)

K. Taylor
10-18-2012, 02:36 PM
I like the bodyguard quite a bit. Green Arrow does eventually have a few allies, so...

Calla Lily
10-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Darnit, I forgot this was on. I'll have to catch it on CW online.

Shadow Dragon
10-18-2012, 07:49 PM
I like the bodyguard quite a bit. Green Arrow does eventually have a few allies, so...
I agree, he's pretty cool. I'm betting that he figures it out and joins Green Arrow as a partner.

As a side note, and some of you have probably known this already, but Laural has the same name as Black Canary, another DC hero. I wonder if she'll somehow get her power in the show become one of Green Arrow's partners.

@ Sheryl, I'd like to see that conversation too. I'm sure he's really going to get chewed out.

AlexPiper
10-18-2012, 09:57 PM
As a side note, and some of you have probably known this already, but Laural has the same name as Black Canary, another DC hero. I wonder if she'll somehow get her power in the show become one of Green Arrow's partners.
Black Canary is also Green Arrow's canonical love interest/wife (they eventually got married), so it's not too surprising that Ollie's estranged former girlfriend on the show is named Dinah Laurel Lance...

AlexPiper
10-18-2012, 09:58 PM
That was Kelly Hu as the white-haired assassin.
She just seems to have a thing for playing martial artist villains in the DC 'verse, given that she's also the voice of Jade "Cheshire" Nguyen in Young Justice.

LadyV
10-18-2012, 11:53 PM
^ This.

He's already showing suspicion. I think he'd make a pretty bad-ass partner.

Ashwood
02-18-2013, 01:35 AM
I actually thoroughly enjoy this show, more than I thought I would. Plus Stephen Amell shirtless is a plus to any episode. *Meow*

And I love the gamut of DC characters that float in and out of the show. :D

K. Taylor
02-18-2013, 02:17 AM
Yeah, I've been pretty impressed. I believe it's the top-rated show on the network now. Already has a season 2 pick-up.

Manuel Royal
02-18-2013, 03:16 AM
Took a while, but the show has grown on me. A little bugged that Star City has become Starling City; I know they want to create an identity distinct from the comics, but that seems like a silly change. (Also have to wonder where they're going with Slade Wilson.)

Action scenes are still good, and either the dialogue has improved, or I've gotten used to it.

Shadow Dragon
02-19-2013, 05:23 AM
I do really like that they added Slade (better known as Deathstroke) to the show. I really want to see where they go with him, as well as if Huntress is going to make a return.

CrastersBabies
02-19-2013, 11:36 PM
I don't know the mythology, but it's pretty cool in the television series. I love that they brought the techie-nerd girl in. No way she's going to just hang with them for one more job. :)

Shadow Dragon
02-24-2013, 07:01 PM
I think the nerd girl has basically become Arrow's version of Oracle. Anyways, I liked the newest episode; Dodger was a decent villain of the week (though the Vertigo dealer is still the best villain so far), and seeing the return of that Triad girl was nice.

Though there was one part that had me facepalming. Felicity, you know how dangerous Dodger is but you still decide to confront him yourself? Really?

Steve Coate
02-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Shadow Dragon: I was thinking along the same lines re: Oracle. In fact, the way this show is moving independently of the mythos, I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to become Oracle. It would be a good way to hook the character up with Huntress, who we've already seen in an earlier episode.

Loving the references to the comic/mythos that get thrown in each week, such as Roy Harper (aka Speedy and Arsenal, though it's his mother with the drug problem this time), naming a villain Grell for the writer/artist Mike Grell, etc. Looking forward to seeing developments on the Island with Shado via flashback.

Certainly a fun show.

K. Taylor
02-27-2013, 02:59 AM
Finale date (http://www.eonline.com/news/392179/the-vampire-diaries-supernatural-90210-get-finale-dates-from-cw).

Ashwood
02-27-2013, 03:23 AM
Finale date (http://www.eonline.com/news/392179/the-vampire-diaries-supernatural-90210-get-finale-dates-from-cw).
That's a good finale date. That means I get more episodes until the long wait for the return in fall.

Also loving the addition of Felicity on the team. I hate to say this (as a Dinah/Ollie fan) but I like her better than Laurel.

Manuel Royal
02-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Some nice foreshadowing early in last night's episode, with the photo of young Sarah and a particular kind of bird. Didn't think it would pay off so soon, but the last scene in the episode indicates I was right.

(Okay, it didn't require Comic Book Guy to figure that one out.)

Nice to know, in the semi-comic book world of this show, you don't have to worry about things like blood type when doing transfusions. (Now, along with that terrible "Torchwood: Miracle Day" miniseries, this is twice I've seen John Barrowman getting a medically ridiculous improvised treatment for poisoning. Both times, I was thinking, "Damn, that is a handsome man." Well, he is.)

Celia Cyanide
02-28-2013, 07:28 PM
wow! I never even knew about this show! And Deathstroke is a character? LOVE HIM! I need to see it!

BigWords
02-28-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm waiting on the DVD so I can watch the series through in one sitting. Hearing a lot of people being impressed with it (more or less) is making the apprehension of another idiotic Smallville mess recede somewhat.

CrastersBabies
02-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Solid episode last night (again). Telling Tommy opens up a big ole bag of trouble, though, imho.

Sam Argent
02-28-2013, 10:09 PM
I'm waiting on the DVD so I can watch the series through in one sitting. Hearing a lot of people being impressed with it (more or less) is making the apprehension of another idiotic Smallville mess recede somewhat.

I don't think Arrow will go downhill for a while because CW shows have a habit of tanking the storyline around third seasons.

K. Taylor
03-01-2013, 04:52 AM
This episode was written by Geoff Johns. EW actually reviewed it with an A-.

(BigWords, Smallville became what it should've been once the original showrunners and Lana Lang left. That let Lois become real Lois and everything else started clicking into place. But I still enjoyed the show. Season 4 was the only one I kinda checked out of for a while.)

CW hasn't released the next episode summary, yet.

K. Taylor
03-28-2013, 03:56 AM
Tonight:

"Salvation"
OLIVER MUST SAVE ROY HARPER FROM A MURDERER — An angry resident of The Glades who calls himself “The Savior” (guest star Christopher Redman) embarks on a kidnapping and killing spree to punish those he believes have wronged the residents of his neighborhood. To make things worse, he broadcasts these murders online and claims he was inspired by Arrow’s vigilantism. Oliver is horrified by this statement and vows to stop “The Savior,” but his manhunt is intensified after Thea comes to him in tears and tells him Roy (guest star Colton Haynes) has been kidnapped. Laurel is surprised when her father starts to believe her mother’s (guest star Alex Kingston) claim that Sara is still alive. Meanwhile, Malcom tells Moira to find the person responsible for his attempted murder. David Ramsey and Colin Donnell also star. Nick Copus directed the episode written by Drew Z. Greenberg & Wendy Mericle.

CrastersBabies
03-28-2013, 07:34 PM
I read an article in EW about Arrow just yesterday. Apparently, they listen to the fanbase and have made a few changes because of that. For example, Felicity was just supposed to be a super minor guest-starring role and they beefed her up and added her to the team because fans dug her.

Sheryl Nantus
03-28-2013, 07:43 PM
I am a Felicity/Ollie shipper.

There. I said it.

CrastersBabies
03-28-2013, 07:48 PM
They would be awesome together. And she's gorgeous, too. :)

Ashwood
03-29-2013, 01:03 AM
I am a Felicity/Ollie shipper.

There. I said it.

Yep. Me too. :D

Shadow Dragon
03-29-2013, 02:47 AM
It would be good for him to have a girlfriend that he doesn't have to hide who he is.

K. Taylor
03-29-2013, 05:36 AM
I read an article in EW about Arrow just yesterday. Apparently, they listen to the fanbase and have made a few changes because of that. For example, Felicity was just supposed to be a super minor guest-starring role and they beefed her up and added her to the team because fans dug her.

Yup. She wasn't just an instant hit with viewers, but the staff love her, too, so they were happy to give her more.

Green Arrow's canon endgame is Black Canary as his wife, which is Laurel, so I'm hesitant to root for ships on this show.

Arrow will have a presentation at WonderCon this weekend. :)

Shadow Dragon
03-29-2013, 08:38 PM
So far, the show has liked using other DC characters that don't have powers (plus Black Canary, though she doesn't have her power in this), so it does make me wonder who else they'll have make a cameo. Like Nightwing, Red Hood, or, if they really wanted to get attention, Batman.

trocadero
03-30-2013, 05:31 AM
I had this feeling when Roy Harper was looking at the mini arrow, near the end of this week's episode, that he's going to end up joining Oliver et al, especially given Oliver's thoughtful look when he was talking about him. What else can Oliver do? He wants to protect his sister, and he's into redemption. I don't see any other future for Roy's character.

I think Oliver and Laurel will end up together, and that Laurel's sister really is alive somewhere.

Love Felicity, but I'm not sure who she'll end up with. Maybe a baddie.

Shadow Dragon
03-30-2013, 05:35 AM
Well, in the comic, Roy Harper was the real name of Green Arrow's sidekick, Speedy. So, it'd definitely make sense from him to basically do the same in the same.

CrastersBabies
03-30-2013, 05:41 AM
Well, in the comic, Roy Harper was the real name of Green Arrow's sidekick, Speedy. So, it'd definitely make sense from him to basically do the same in the same.

Hmm, why is Oliver calling his sister, "Speedy" all the time now? Maybe they're thinking of doing a little gender-swapping? Or, I dunno.

trocadero
03-30-2013, 05:41 AM

Yay!

K. Taylor
03-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Spoiler alert: Roy Harper is a regular character in season 2.

trocadero
03-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Re: spoiler alert:

Very pleased to hear this!

Burnouts3s3
03-31-2013, 04:53 AM
I think it's a great show that's also a great sandwhich: lots of ham and cheese.

K. Taylor
04-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Stephen Amell teases the final eps of the season. SPOILERS: http://www.ksitetv.com/green-arrow/interview-arrows-stephen-amell-previews-the-final-episodes-of-season-1/21700

He will also be on The Tonight Show tonight. Yay Arrow! That's a huge get for a CW show.

veinglory
04-23-2013, 11:35 PM
I am officially bored of this show. The "if in doubt have more people discover his secret" and "if in doubt, add more characters" phase has begun.

K. Taylor
04-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Most of the people who currently know or who are about to know knew in the comics. It's canon.

K. Taylor
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Sad they killed off J. August Richards already.

veinglory
04-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Most of the people who currently know or who are about to know knew in the comics. It's canon.

I am aware of that, I have a ten year run of Green Arrow stored in my mothers basement. The same problem occurred in the comics until the got rid of all the junk characters, including Speedy. Speedy was *awful* character useful only for the classic but also boring "problem" subplot (back when social problems were very hip comic plots).

My main problem is that this version is like the Green arrow without all the interesting bits, and with the dull bits being increasingly top-loaded. And what's with all the stuff happening on the island? That's not canon at all and re-writes the entire character motivation.

Hendo
05-11-2013, 01:58 AM
damn the last episode pissed me off! I know they can't have him win EVERY fight but I really can't stand Merlyn and the fact that he lost to him twice. On a side not I'm kinda thinking that Roy will be the one to save Oliver

CrastersBabies
05-11-2013, 02:37 AM
Yeah, that was a bit of a shocker there. I think you're right, I think Roy will find him, seeing as he and Thea are kind of on the trail already. This could also open up a big ole can of worms in regard to Tommy and Ollie's friendship.

Sheryl Nantus
05-11-2013, 06:30 AM
Loved Felicity's lines this last ep.

Just. Too. Funny.

;)

K. Taylor
05-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Merlyn is Green Arrow's nemesis in the comics, so....

Images from the season finale: http://www.ksitetv.com/green-arrow/arrow-spoilers-images-from-the-season-1-finale-sacrifice/21993

Dylan_Perry
05-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey. Just thought I'd pipe in. :hi:

I'm digging Arrow so far. When they announced it, I was weary, and could care less when the trailer debuted. Then I watched it. The first couple episodes were rough (WAY too much Oliver voice-over), but the show found it's legs and became one of my go-to programs.

(Yes, I call my shows programs. It's a thing)

I caught up on the last three episodes, and I'm eagerly waiting for the finale this Wednesday.

And that was my two cents. :)

Steve Coate
05-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Nice finale. Now Ollie just has to come clean to Lauren. And Daddy Merlin is going to be so ticked when he finds out about Tommy.

trocadero
05-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Nice finale. Now Ollie just has to come clean to Lauren. And Daddy Merlin is going to be so ticked when he finds out about Tommy.

Spoiler:
In Entertainment Weekly interview with Marc Guggenheim: Is Malcolm Merlyn really dead? “Well, it certainly looks that way. John Barrowman is amazing and we love him and the one thing I will say with respect to both Tommy’s death and Malcolm Merlyn’s death is this is a show that does flashbacks.”

The finale was very satisfying. Loved Moira's and Lance's unexpected directions. Lots of possibilities next season.

This show is so much fun - so big and silly. I love it.

K. Taylor
05-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Laurel will eventually know.

Malcolm is dead. The arrow went through his heart.

Violeta
06-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Am I the only one who found the season finale bland and cliched?

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the show -or the ending- yet;

So we had a love triangle there. We all knew Tommy wouldn't win the fight, but to have him die and solve the love triangle that way? Oh, hell no. Didn't we have a thread here somewhere about weak solutions to love triangles? Um. Yes, we did.

I'm a sucker for love triangles but the two resolutions that annoy me are one of the rivals dying/moving away/physically removed from the picture, or one of them proving themselves to be a complete tosser.

It was so epically cliched to have him die, I'm still pissed. First, they made him act all victim-like, then like a jerk all woe-is-me, and then three minutes later they give him a hero's exit? Seriously?

I liked Tommy well enough, but I couldn't care less about Laurel. I like her fighting skills and stuff, but that's it. Her getting with Oliver isn't in my top-ten-must-see priority list. I just don't buy them. :Shrug: I like developing relationships, not force-fed ones. And they have no chemistry whatsoever.
End of spoilers.

The best part of this show, for me, is Felicity. (And Oliver's cuteness). I love her character and the way she always makes me laugh. Adding her to the team is, hands-down, what saved this show for me. I can never get enough of her and Oliver. They just have that... chemistry (not in a sexual way), that... connection. They are totally great together. I ship them so much it's not even funny. :heart: But I like them just like they are right now. If Oliver had to get together with anyone, she would be the only one I'd approve of (at least, as of today), but I'm not sure them being together wouldn't kill the vibe. :poke: Hmm.

Next on my list are Thea and Roy, but they're not as good as Oliver and Felicity, so... yeah.

K. Taylor
06-10-2013, 03:47 PM
I don't think it was to resolve the love triangle. They knew they were going to kill Tommy off well in advance. Everything in the finale sets Oliver off on what he's doing for season 2. Interview with Colin Donnell (http://www.eonline.com/news/418729/arrow-finale-shocker-dead-man-dishes-on-his-departure-and-its-powerful-impact).

Season 2 spoilers:

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/interview-slade-or-shado-in-present-day-and-how-much-does-stephen-amell-know-about-whats-next/14230

http://www.eonline.com/news/420299/arrow-s-stephen-amell-and-katie-cassidy-sound-off-on-bigger-season-2-it-s-a-new-series

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/arrows-second-season-feature-two-villains-001100663.html

23 Episodes For #Arrow Season 2? http://bit.ly/ZLC86j

Violeta
06-10-2013, 08:36 PM
I don't think it was to resolve the love triangle.

Hmm... Yeah. Well maybe they didn't do it with that intention, but it still solved the triangle, didn't it?
And killing him just so the other two could delve deeper into their alter egos still seems like a cop-out to me. :e2poke:

But oh well. I'm over it now.

vintage
07-04-2013, 11:04 PM
I adore Arrow, superhero topic looks better in tv series format, than movies, imho.
The ending was a huge surprise for me, but probably because i do not read superhero comics.

Shadow Dragon
07-05-2013, 02:24 AM
I adore Arrow, superhero topic looks better in tv series format, than movies, imho.
The ending was a huge surprise for me, but probably because i do not read superhero comics.
Arrow is a complete re-imagining of Green Arrow and is pretty different than the comics. So all of this is new material.

Pterofan
07-31-2013, 03:08 AM
NEWSFLASH!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Looks like Barry Allen will be joining the crew on Arrow next season as a trial run (sorry again) for a live-action Flash show. I loved the original John Wesley Shipp version and might even tune in for this.

http://www.newsarama.com/18522-report-the-flash-running-to-live-action-on-cw-thanks-to-arrow-s-success.html

jmikehub
09-27-2013, 07:35 PM
I loved the show but for some reason I've been hearing mixed reviews, what do you guys think?

jvc
09-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Merged this thread with existing Arrow thread.

robjvargas
09-27-2013, 08:46 PM
I want to like this show so badly.

I don't.

I don't dislike it. There just seems to be something about these characters that isn't quite clicking for me. Almost. I like the action. Maybe it's just that ever-present anger. At least, it comes across to me as ever-present.

It's so close that I keep looking it up, hoping for that moment when it finally clicks. But I'm starting to try less often.

Shadow Dragon
09-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Second season should be interesting. The Flash will have an origin episode in it, and maybe his own spinoff.

jmikehub
09-29-2013, 06:16 AM
cool, cool, I really hope Roy Harper makes a good run as Red Arrow, he was so cool in Young Justice

K. Taylor
10-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Second season should be interesting. The Flash will have an origin episode in it, and maybe his own spinoff.

3-episode arc.

veinglory
10-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Black Canary, yes? W000t!

Steve Coate
10-10-2013, 06:43 AM
That was my take, too. Now we just need Roy, GA and BC to meet up in a dark alley in an upcoming episode . . .

Sheryl Nantus
10-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Loved all the Felicity/Ollie interaction in the season premiere.

"You're all sweaty."

"I like watching you do that."

heh, heh.

:D

K. Taylor
10-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Black Canary, yes? W000t!

She is. And there's a big spoiler about her real identity.

Violeta
10-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Loved all the Felicity/Ollie interaction in the season premiere.

Me too!! :e2cloud9::heart: They're the best.

ThomasT
10-11-2013, 09:34 PM
I like the series, which started in Germany a couple of weeks ago. Got interested in the comics.

Violeta
10-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Ugh, insufferable Laurel placing her guilt on Arrow. Ugh! :Headbang: I never liked her, and now she's
blaming Arrow for something she's to blame for? Are you kidding?:rant: Ugh! I can't stand her.

Shadow Dragon
10-17-2013, 10:54 PM
For season 1, I generally liked Laurel. She was one of the few people within the legal system there that actually did seem to care about justice for everyone. But I agree, the way she's acting now (bitter and vengeful) is out of character and a bit frustrating to watch. It's like her and her dad switched bodies.

I'm curious of the identity of the Black Canary in this universe. From what I've read, it's a different actress, so this Black Canary isn't Laural. I also want to know if she'll have the sonic scream. This series tends to shy away from super power. Then again, it will have The Flash so, who knows.

Manuel Royal
10-17-2013, 11:53 PM
In the first season, there were several hints about Laurel's presumed-dead sister becoming the Black Canary. (For instance, the black canary in the photo of her.) I haven't heard anything about that developing this season (but I tend to try and avoid reading spoilers).

So Oliver has come around to the DC standard of never killing people. He's gone from the extreme of simply confronting and assassinating criminals, to refusing to kill even in self-defense. In situations where almost any law enforcement officer would empty his weapon into an attacker, Ollie expends tremendous effort on non-lethal measures. Past a certain point, I always found that hard to believe in the comics.

I'm honestly not sure why I like this show. The dialogue is frequently wooden (though I liked Rigby joking that his secret identity is "Oliver's black driver"). But the production values are good, I like the island-of-death flashbacks, and I've always liked the Green Arrow.

Manuel Royal
10-17-2013, 11:55 PM
NEWSFLASH!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Looks like Barry Allen will be joining the crew on Arrow next season as a trial run (sorry again) for a live-action Flash show. I loved the original John Wesley Shipp version and might even tune in for this.

http://www.newsarama.com/18522-report-the-flash-running-to-live-action-on-cw-thanks-to-arrow-s-success.htmlI wanted to recommend the animated movie Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox.

Steve Coate
10-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Liked the addition of trick arrows this episode. Wouldn't mind seeing Ollie kill again, so long as he doesn't go overboard with it.

Shadow Dragon
10-25-2013, 04:04 AM
So, looks like Al Ghul will be making his way into the Arrow series. That could be interesting.

Steve Coate
10-28-2013, 01:22 AM
Nice Metamorpho reference. Loved the addition of the clocktower as well as seeing the actress who played Bullet in The Killing added to the cast.

Violeta
11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm starting to see a patern of Oliver saving people he really shouldn't be saving :ROFL:.

Shadow Dragon
11-01-2013, 10:02 PM
When I saw that alderman in the mask, I thought it was Scarecrow at first. Anyways, I looked it up and Alderman Blood is actually based on a reoccurring DC villain, Brother Blood.

Violeta
11-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Last episode had too much Sara for my tastes. Honestly, I watch the show for Arrow, not his female counterpart. It was kind of emotional at some points, yeah, but I really didn't get why everyone was SO excited about this episode (before and after), not at all. Guess I'm not totally sold on that actress yet, or rather, on that character. Hmm. Probably both. :Shrug:

Shadow Dragon
11-09-2013, 06:21 AM
I don't mind certain episodes focused on other characters. Green Arrow is getting the entire series mainly focused on him, so occasional episodes for building world lore or other DC heroes within this universe are fine with me.

CrastersBabies
11-09-2013, 12:46 PM
I too felt like the last episode was very Sara-centric, but maybe that's not a bad thing. I just wish they'd do something with Laurel that freakin' made sense.

Violeta
11-15-2013, 02:12 AM
Oooh, Russia! Best s02 episode so far!! :e2bouncey:e2cloud9:

Steve Coate
11-15-2013, 06:39 AM
Was that the same actress who played Amanda Waller in the Green Lantern movie? Found myself hoping for a Suicide Squad intro, but I'm not sure how well that would fit into the world of Arrow, although they seem to be pulling in so many other DC characters.

Violeta
11-15-2013, 03:22 PM
No idea. I know nothing about the comics, so...

Shadow Dragon
11-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Hm, so they're also bringing HIVE into this. Thing about HIVE, if they're anything like they are in the comics, they're an organization that tends to operate on a very large level, not the type of villain group that focuses on single cities unless they have a very good reason to. Perhaps Green Arrow will be forced to do some more traveling? Also, this could be an easy way to bring in more DC villains.

Also, I'm glad The Count is making a return. He seems like a could be a good long term enemy for this version of The Green Arrow.

heza
11-15-2013, 10:51 PM
So was Felicity getting jealous, there? Or was that really just about her wanting him to be with someone better?

I don't know much about the comics, so I don't know if she's a character in them or just made up for this series, but I'm sort of worrying that she's suddenly going to go all mastermind villain or kung fu genius and I don't know... I'd just like to see something different for Summer Glau for once.

They've done a lot with Felicity accidentally flirting with Oliver in her awkward way. And to be honest, my only Green Arrow knowledge comes from Smallville, where Oliver ended up with the geeky computer girl... and here's a geeky computer girl, again...

Am I way off base and should take it at face value?

And I'm fine with him dating someone. I guess I was hoping for a reconciliation with Laurel at some point, but I just hate what they've done with her and I prefer her off screen. Also, I think I'm a little done with the whole "dating the one person you can never reveal your secret to" thing.

Violeta
11-16-2013, 12:12 AM
So was Felicity getting jealous, there? Or was that really just about her wanting him to be with someone better? More than jealous (though she was, to some little extent), I think she was more disappointed and sad than jealous, per se. She was upset he chose to be with that so-not-a-nice-person instead of just being with her. Also, she does want the best for him because that's what we wish the people we love and care about, and she does love and care about him. It doesn't have to be with her, but someone really worthy of Oliver would be perfectly fine with her. That person, obviously, isn't our little Isabel Roschev.

I don't know much about the comics, so I don't know if she's a character in them or just made up for this series, but I'm sort of worrying that she's suddenly going to go all mastermind villain or kung fu genius and I don't know... LOL At first I thought you were still talking about Felicity. But you are not, are you? :tongue I'd just like to see something different for Summer Glau for once. Hmm... Haven't read the comics either, but I think she's no good news here, either, sorry. At least that's what I've caught here and there kind of accidentally.

They've done a lot with Felicity accidentally flirting with Oliver in her awkward way. And to be honest, my only Green Arrow knowledge comes from Smallville, where Oliver ended up with the geeky computer girl... and here's a geeky computer girl, again... All I know is that Felicity wasn't supposed to be where she is now (Team Arrow and fan favourite), but she enchanted both staff and audience and they kept her on the show, as we all can see. The idea is for Oliver to be with Laurel, but that's gonna be... uh, well, a challenge, really. First, because they have no chemistry whatsoever. Second, because people like to see epic love stories, not be told about them (which would be the case for Oliver and Laurel). And third, because Felicity's got a really big fanbase already and the balance might still turn out in her favour.

Am I way off base and should take it at face value?

And I'm fine with him dating someone. I guess I was hoping for a reconciliation with Laurel at some point, but I just hate what they've done with her and I prefer her off screen. I've never been much of a fan of hers ever since the first season, to which her lack of... everything doesn't help matters, but I've to agree she's especially unsufferable this season. Don't miss her at all. Also, I think I'm a little done with the whole "dating the one person you can never reveal your secret to" thing. AMEN.

;)

Shadow Dragon
11-16-2013, 08:15 AM
For the comics and most versions of Green Arrow, he ends up with Black Canary. As for Felicity, I looked it up and there a version of her in the comics, though it's a pretty minor role.

kaitie
11-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Put me in the Felicity camp. I've never liked Laurel. I'm glad that at least, for now, it seems that Oliver really has decided the answer with her is no and he's sticking to it. I would love to see his relationship with Felicity grow, though. She's easily my favorite character on the show.

CrastersBabies
11-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Oooooo! Lots of fun twists!

(zips up until a few people have posted about the last episode)

Shadow_Ferret
11-21-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm still a week behind. Just watched the Russian adventure. Just seems odd to me that the Summer Glau character was a complete witch up until they slept together -- is she now going to add a 3rd love to Oliver's triangle? I prefer hating her as the ruthless corporate type.

I'm not sure I like the Black Canary character and I'm sure that has to do with the lousy portrayal by the actress.

I've never much liked the Laurel character. I'd very much prefer to see Oliver with Felicity, who is hands down my favorite character.

Arrow, for me, is easily one of the best shows on TV.

I just wish they'd get rid of those little mini-episode commercials for Blose. Mostly because I don't like Blose.

on the other hand, I love seeing everyone using Windiws 8. :D

Violeta
11-21-2013, 07:17 PM
LOL Shadow_Ferret :tongue I agree with most of what you said. But I like
Bose's commercials. They're funny and adorable and intriguing!!

Now talking with a little home-made coding for people avoiding spoilers...

I saw the last twist coming from a mile away, though in all honesty, I didn't
see it all coming. :ROFL:*That* messenger took me by surprise.

And now I'm both shocked and sad for Thea and Oliver. I'm not sure I
can wrap my head around the idea of *you know what*. Poor guys. Can
you imagine when they realize what's going on?

All in all, I almost had a heart attack during the confrontation at QC.

Here there'll be spoilers 'cause I can't talk in code anymore LOL

Olicity's interactions were superb. And I'm loving every single one of them. But am I the
only one who fears they might be rushing it a bit? At this rate, I can see them kissing before
the season even hits its half-point. :scared::Ssh: I swear, they're killing me!! :e2faint: / End of "spoilers"

CrastersBabies
11-21-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm doing this right now....

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25065-Jason-Sudeikis-Devil-SNL-gif-I-UScV.gif

Violeta
11-22-2013, 01:40 AM
LOL :ROFL: I wish I knew which of the many, many things on this episode is making you laugh like that :roll:

CrastersBabies
11-22-2013, 05:08 AM
Mostly Mr. M. :)

Opty
11-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Now that the first season is on Netflix, I finally got to watch it and did all of it in a 3 day marathon binge.

Really good stuff! I think Amell makes an excellent Oliver Queen and I like their take on the origin story...kind of a mix of Mike Grell's and Andy Diggle's separate origins with some fresh elements mixed in. I wonder if the John Diggle character (created for the series but is now part of the comics) got his name as an homage to Andy Diggle?

I don't know if I have a bigger crush on Willa Holland (Thea) or Katie Cassidy (Laurel). Also, in the comics, Laurel is actually the Black Canary. Her sister, Sarah, is a character named "Canary" in season 2. Seems an odd direction to go. Wonder if a switch will be made in the future? Perhaps Sarah will die (again) at some point and her sis takes up the mantle? Or, maybe they'll just keep it this way. *shrug*

No matter how many times I see Black Arrow/Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) on screen, I have a little Dr. Who geek out moment. :)

Also smiled at the nod they gave to The New 52 comics continuity by making Deadshot's hotel room in S1:EP3 be 52 as well as Dr. Ivo's ship being called "Amazo." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazo#Fictional_character_biography) With Nyssa al Ghul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyssa_al_Ghul) being introduced in a few weeks, it makes me wonder if they're going to start introducing more supernatural elements into this universe. It makes me very curious about what Ivo is looking for on the island and if that will somehow factor into Oliver's abilities.

I also feel bad for what happened to Deathstroke's (Slade) face. :(

The double reveal at the end of this last episode was very cool. I'm looking forward to the back door pilot of the Flash they have coming up in a future Arrow episode this season.

Anyway, glad I finally got around to watching it. Looking forward to where they go from here!

Shadow Dragon
11-22-2013, 06:55 PM
If Slade ever does come back into the series as Deathstroke, the way his face got hurt would be an easy explanation for why he uses it, and for the design.

heza
11-22-2013, 11:35 PM
No matter how many times I see Black Arrow/Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) on screen, I have a little Dr. Who geek out moment. :)

Me, too! I'm like, "Oh! I love you!... No wait, I hate you. I mean... I don't know how to feel! Say something charming."

So... Laurel is Black Canary.... interesting. That makes me feel a little better, if that's what they're going to do. I really don't like Sarah. So the idea of him getting with Canary was making me unhappy. I'm not taken with Laurel at the moment, but if she can go back to being S1 Laurel or a better Laurel/BC, then I might can tolerate it.

I really do hope for Felicity, though.

Here there'll be spoilers 'cause I can't talk in code anymore LOL...

Do you think they're taking it too fast? I was just all jumping up and down on the couch (figuratively--I'm actually sick) while I watched the whole There was no choice moment. And I couldn't tell if my whole new knowledge of Olicity being a thing was shading my whole interpretation of that scene.

Also "Olicity" proves itself. I mean... what's the alternative, Olaurel?... Arronary? Pftt.

But honestly, I do agree with the whole notion that I want to be shown a developing relationship and not told all this stuff about how all his true loves are so angsty because past.

Shadow Dragon
11-23-2013, 12:01 AM
The alternative is... Oliver X John Diggle (Oggle). :tongue

heza
11-23-2013, 12:08 AM
lol

Violeta
11-23-2013, 01:55 AM
LOL LOL LOL :tongue Yeah, I needed 3, don't ask me why :roll:

Please, don't read my responses if you haven't seen 2x06 and
2x07 yet, there are TONS of SPOILERS here, and I mean TONS :scared:

Do you think they're taking it too fast? I was just all jumping up and down on the couch (figuratively--I'm actually sick) while I watched the whole There was no choice moment.

Me too!! Well, actually, I was paralized with shock while my heart wasn't, thank you very much :tongue I was like... "don't breathe... can't breathe... is he really...? Omg, he is. Are they fan-servicing us?" -that is a term I just learned today, btw LOL

And I couldn't tell if my whole new knowledge of Olicity being a thing was shading my whole interpretation of that scene. Exactly. That's what makes me fear they might be rushing it, because the Oliver from 2x01 and the Oliver from 2x07 aren't the same Oliver anymore :e2hammer: It's like... 2x06 changed something, and all of the sudden, everything's so real..!

Kinda scares me.

Though yes, I LOVE love love seeing them together, but at the same time, I can't reconciliate both Olivers in my mind. It happened so fast, that switch...

Don't get me wrong, this new side of him is so freaking... hot, in a "omg-so-adorable-sens(x)ual" kind of way, that I just can't stand it. Like the way he looks at her, or how he can't catch his breath sometimes... IDK. What happened to him? How did we come to this? Because all I see whenever they give us these olicity moments is a man in love. And I say olicity moments because at the start of episode 2x07 everything was like usual, so I thought "thank God, we're back to normal", but... nope. Heh :tongue Not so much, no. Anyway... yeah, I have a love-hate relationship with these super-awesome-please-don't-ruin-it moments. :roll:That's why they're killing me, because I want more, but at the same time, I don't want them... so much, so fast, so close together. You know? :tongue

But honestly, I do agree with the whole notion that I want to be shown a developing relationship and not told all this stuff about how all his true loves are so angsty because past.LOL

I say let the past stay there. ;)

CrastersBabies
11-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Also "Olicity" proves itself. I mean... what's the alternative, Olaurel?... Arronary? Pftt.

Lollie

eternalised
11-25-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm a huge fan of Oliver and Felicity too. Felicity's nerdiness/geekiness makes her one of the most adorable characters ever.

Not a big fan of Laurel. She's bland and boring. Sarah is even worse though. The actress playing Sarah is pretty bad.

CrastersBabies
11-25-2013, 07:24 PM
You know what's creepy? Realizing that the lead guy on CW's The Tomorrow People is Stephen Arnell's cousin (Arrow). It was driving me insane watching the guy on TMP, trying to figure out WHO he was, and yeah....

Creepy

(Not cuing the whole, "Well the US stole the Tomorrow People and HAD to adapt it and the original will never ever EVERRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr be replaced DEBATE.) :)

Violeta
11-26-2013, 10:41 PM
You know what's creepy? Realizing that the lead guy on CW's The Tomorrow People is Stephen Arnell's cousin (Arrow).

Yeah! I believe I knew before I even started watching TTP pilot. I think it's kinda cool, actually. You can
see the resemblances and all, and I love it! :LilLove: Plus they're really fun to watch when they're together,
so yeah! I totally approve. :e2headban

Nualláin
11-27-2013, 06:44 AM
All I've got to say about the Amell boys is, dang if there aren't some good genes running through THAT family...

CrastersBabies
11-27-2013, 08:36 AM
All I've got to say about the Amell boys is, dang if there aren't some good genes running through THAT family...

I concur!

Opty
11-27-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm a huge fan of Oliver and Felicity too. Felicity's nerdiness/geekiness makes her one of the most adorable characters ever.
Felicity makes me laugh. I love when she inadvertently says inappropriate things she has to apologize for.

Not a big fan of Laurel. She's bland and boring. Sarah is even worse though. The actress playing Sarah is pretty bad.
I just realized that the actress playing Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is David Cassidy's daughter. (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2r9UtIhOI8M) :Guitar:

Opty
12-05-2013, 05:43 AM
So, I've re watched all of the season 2 eps so far and...

...BEWARE! SPOILERS/PREDICTIONS FOLLOW!!!....

1) Slade Wilson / Deathstroke:

When Ollie first really talks to Sarah (at Verdant), first thing she asks is, "Where's Slade?" Oliver gets a look and ignores the question. Also, in episode 1, when Felicity and Diggs first land on the island and start walking across the beach, the camera pans and briefly stops on a Deathstroke mask on a stake with an arrow through it.

I'm thinking that Oliver and Slade have a falling out at some point in the island timeline. Maybe Oliver winds up having to kill Slade and the posted mask with the arrow is his grave? Or, Oliver maybe thinks he killed Slade but Slade absconds and will wind up in Starling City eventually.

Whatever Dr. Ivo is looking for in the sub is likely the rumored "super soldier serum." Perhaps Oliver gives it to Slade to save him and it has negative consequences (turns Slade evil?) and that causes their falling out? Or, the fact that Shado and Slade grew closer is the thing that causes the beef between them? Maybe Shado gets killed?

Maybe when he and Oliver part ways on the island it's not in a bad way, but I suspect it was. Guess we'll find out eventually.

2) Sarah Lance:

Right now, she is "Canary." In the comics, Dinah Laurel Lance (and Dinah Drake Lance) is "Black Canary." I've read some interviews with the producers and they've mentioned this discrepancy and simply said that Sarah is the "beginning" of the Black Canary story. So, perhaps Sarah comes back in the present day timeline and dies "again," this time with Laurel learning her secret, and Laurel eventually takes on the Canary mantle as Black Canary?

Also, Oliver says he saw Sarah die on the island, too. Wonder what that's about? Maybe also related to Slade's story in #1.

3) The S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator is mentioned several times in various newscasts in nearly every episode. This is obviously going to be a big plot point later on. I'm eager to find out what.

4) The producers also have mentioned that this season will have two "big bads." I'm guessing Brother Blood is one. Will Black Arrow (Merlyn) be the other one? With the reveal in the last episode that he's still alive and the father of Thea, the chances for him being the other one are good, but I'm not totally convinced yet (might've been Nyssa al Ghul?). There was a mysterious person in an earlier episode that I don't think was supposed to be Brother Blood. I'm thinking there may be someone else they haven't revealed yet that will be a big baddie later in the season.

Hopefully we'll find out some juicy stuff in tonight's episode and the conclusion next week! :)

Steve Coate
12-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Liked the "Flash" episode. I thought it was funny how he was late for everything. Anyone else think his father's killer sounds like Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash?

Also enjoyed the Blue Beetle/Ted Kord references. I suspect/hope Ivo will bring back Slade.

Shadow_Ferret
12-06-2013, 05:52 PM
OMG! "The Scientist" just pissed me off. All those teases. Barry Allen standing by all those jars of chemicals. Then we see lightning! Yes! Now we'll see him turn into the Flash!

No. We didn't. Then it seemed they had thunder whenever Barry Allen was around, just to make us mad!

Opty
12-07-2013, 12:03 AM
They might've changed how they're going to handle it. Originally, this two-parter was going to be a back door pilot for the upcoming Flash series but I read that they've decided to do a traditional pilot instead.

So, perhaps all they'll do is tease us and have him become Flash in the pilot rather than in Arrow? Guess we'll find out next week.

(Btw, Wally West is still the best Flash ever!) :)

Shadow_Ferret
12-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Wally West was Kid Flash.

Opty
12-07-2013, 01:18 AM
Wally West was Kid Flash.

I'm guessing you didn't read comics back in the 80s/90s/00s. Yes, he and Bart Allen both started out as Kid Flash but both later became the actual Flash.

Wally West is generally revered as the most popular / fan favorite / "best" of the four Flashes (don't forget the first Flash, Jay Gerrick). He was also supposedly the fastest Flash, faster than Barry, but that was back in the 90s, I think, and since the New 52 continuity is unfortunately using Barry Allen rather than Wally, I guess right now it doesn't matter. :(

Hopefully they'll bring Wally back eventually. I think there have already been fan petitions calling for it, since he was the most popular and Barry is a pretty dull character (at least in the comics).

Shadow Dragon
12-07-2013, 04:25 AM
I do really hope Deathstroke survived whatever it is that happened on the island with him after getting injected. I'd like to see him pop up in the city at some point.

CrastersBabies
12-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Oooo!! Last night was so GOOOOD! I don't even know where to start. But bumping this thread is step 1. :)

Someone come play with me.

Shadow_Ferret
12-13-2013, 01:23 AM
Oliver sure gets grumpy.

Opty
12-13-2013, 01:59 AM
Really good episode last night. I hate that we have to wait an entire freaking month for the next one.

Le sigh.

Anyway, SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

I'm thinking that Oliver and Slade have a falling out at some point in the island timeline. Maybe Oliver winds up having to kill Slade and the posted mask with the arrow is his grave? Or, Oliver maybe thinks he killed Slade but Slade absconds and will wind up in Starling City eventually.
Boom!

Whatever Dr. Ivo is looking for in the sub is likely the rumored "super soldier serum." Perhaps Oliver gives it to Slade to save him and it has negative consequences (turns Slade evil?) and that causes their falling out? Or, the fact that Shado and Slade grew closer is the thing that causes the beef between them? Maybe Shado gets killed?
Double Boom! Nailed it. I can't brag, though. Based on how it's played out so far and mixed with the comics mythos, they pretty much set it up to where it seemed a logical conclusion. I didn't like that Shado died, though. :(

In a pre-New 52 comics story arc, Shado actually has Green Arrow's kid. Guess that ain't happening on the show, haha.

3) The S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator is mentioned several times in various newscasts in nearly every episode. This is obviously going to be a big plot point later on. I'm eager to find out what.
Ah, The Flash! Nice way they did that. I got the feeling right at the end with the storm/lightning and particle accelerator start up that it was about to happen. I liked that little "Flash-like" lightning bolts zapped up his cheeks as he lay on his back after the blast. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him in this season and I'm looking forward to the debut of his show next season.

There was a mysterious person in an earlier episode that I don't think was supposed to be Brother Blood. I'm thinking there may be someone else they haven't revealed yet that will be a big baddie later in the season.
Boom again! Well..sort of. Okay, I was half-expecting Slade to come back and suspected that there was a yet-to-be-revealed Big Bad, but I didn't think they'd be the same person.

Deathstroke? I call that twist a master stroke! ;)

Deathstroke, with his classic eye patch and peppered hair...is the mysterious Big Bad. Excellent! I really like how the writers have been laying the groundwork for this all season, with little hints here and there, and have done a really great job of tying it all together in this episode. I also re watched episode 1 of this season, and the arrow sticking through the Deathstroke mask/grave on the island is piercing the right eye, the same one Slade has patched. Nice foreshadowing. I like that they put some things right in front of your face but you don't realize it until later.

This show gets better and better each week.

Grr...this next month without new episodes will be a crucible of patience.

CrastersBabies
12-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Yeah, when is the Flash show going to happen? Like next Fall? Or, will it be a Spring debut?

(sighs for lots of waiting a head)

Twinkie
01-09-2014, 05:24 AM
*pokes thread* One more week!

Olicity peeps are whining that the next several episodes will be Laurel-centric. I say it's about damn time that poor girl got some decent storylines. I mean, don't get me wrong--I LOVE Felicity. I wish I was Felicity. And I ship Olicity SO HARD. But I like to see ALL the ladies get their due. Plus, more Laurel means more of her dad, who is just awesome.

Steve Coate
01-09-2014, 06:48 AM
**below links go to websites containing interviews with possible spoilers, so don't click them unless you're cool with spoilers!

The actress who plays Laurel recently did an interview in which she poo pooed (http://www.blastr.com/2014-12-30/arrows-laurel-explains-why-shes-not-worried-felicity-will-end-oliver) an Olicity relationship on the show, so I suspect her character is going to get more attention on the show in upcoming episodes, as mentioned above.

That said, the actress who plays Felicity had talked (http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2013/12/11/arrow-emily-bett-rickards-talks-felicity-and-olivers-relationship/) on the subject too.

MTV is reporting we'll see the Flash TV show in Fall. Hollywood Reporter just has it listed as 2014 at the moment.

Opty
01-09-2014, 12:11 PM
*pokes thread* One more week!

Olicity peeps are whining that the next several episodes will be Laurel-centric. I say it's about damn time that poor girl got some decent storylines. I mean, don't get me wrong--I LOVE Felicity. I wish I was Felicity. And I ship Olicity SO HARD. But I like to see ALL the ladies get their due. Plus, more Laurel means more of her dad, who is just awesome.

Yeah, I liked her a lot more in season one. This season she's just been negative and bitchy the entire time, and I hate that kind of stereotype in an otherwise smart show. I'd like to see them do a lot more with her character, especially considering how important she is in Oliver's life.

And, has anyone else noticed how much weight she's lost since season one? She looks absolutely gaunt now and unhealthily underweight.

CrastersBabies
01-09-2014, 07:34 PM
I don't dislike Laurel. I dislike what the writers have done with her this season. Holy cow. WTF?

robjvargas
01-09-2014, 08:15 PM
I've only caught two episodes of the 2nd season. But I'm not surprised at Laurel turning against Arrow. She was starting to have feelings for Tommy, and she saw him enter the building where Tommy died, right?

It just seems like a completely understandable grieving process to me.

But I can see how it makes her not likable.

CrastersBabies
01-09-2014, 08:42 PM
robjvargas, it gets worse. Trust me. I understand her hostility toward Arrow, but, yeah, they kind of do weird things after that.

Twinkie
01-11-2014, 04:57 AM
robjvargas, it gets worse. Trust me. I understand her hostility toward Arrow, but, yeah, they kind of do weird things after that.

I'm hoping they will take some measures to redeem themselves with these next few Laurel-centric episodes. If I can't have Felicity on my screen being awesome, then I'd at least like to see the other main lady character get a decent arc and some consistent character development.

Opty
01-16-2014, 02:34 AM
New eps start tonight!

Twinkie
01-16-2014, 07:32 AM
Everything is Olicity, and nothing hurts.

Except everything hurts. :P

It was really good.

Opty
03-05-2014, 07:15 AM
OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG....OMG....Epicness!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uEZQUcjG6AY

Shadow Dragon
04-11-2014, 10:57 AM
I was behind for awhile but I got caught up. I loved the Harley Quin cameo in the Suicide Squad episode and I think they're doing a pretty good job of showing off Deathstroke's careful planning and aggressive nature, even if this version is a bit more insane.

Opty
04-24-2014, 04:59 AM
Tonight's episode....whoa.

The last 10 minutes.

Just...whoa.

:Jaw:

Violeta
04-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Yeah... I was NOT prepared for that.

SPOILERS:
I was hoping Malcolm Merlyn would show up & save the day. Like, you know... anytime soon. 'Cause really. If someone can pull it off under those circumstances, that's gotta be him, right? Right. But yeah... nope! Nooooope... nopety, nope! God if I had any emotions left for this show, I'd be seriously hating me some writers right now for recreating that scene again, and making my heart jump out of my chest, and into the drawer! :Hammer:

AskMalice
04-24-2014, 11:32 PM
That scene was so powerful. Everything is being torn from Oliver. And right before it happened she was about to tell them that Merlyn was alive.

Did Oliver's knee get hurt because the actor got hurt in the middle of shooting and they tacked it onto the script? It seemed odd that he'd get hurt again so soon after his last "motorcycle accident." They even tacked a lantern on it with Moira saying as much.

Violeta
05-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Just a little warning... Arrow is getting on my last nerve, and it's doing it on all angles, so... yeah! The comments below are gonna be just a tiny little bit heated, if you can believe it :tongue. Sorry about that.

I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for Malcolm Merlin to show up and friggin' save the day. And I don't even know if that's ever gonna happen!! I just... I feel like it's a mix between what I want there to happen and what the plot is totally asking for. Because it's not just asking, it's screaming for it!!

Who else would be able to barge in and kick some serious ass without much of an effort? Who else would and could be willing to help out the Arrow? And if not to help out anyone, just come by already to whisk your daughter away, you idiot!! Or, I don't know, avenge your ex-lover's death? Maybe? IDK. Just. Do. Something!

Malcolm Merlin better show up or I'm gonna be so pissed at this whole stupid season...! :rant: Argh! I don't believe they had him for a couple episodes back then and that was it. Like "Bye all!! See you in S3!" Nope. NopeNopeNopeNope... Nope... Nope!

And btw, who ends an episode like that? They didn't even resolve any of the threads they opened in this episode. And they actually opened a thousand and the mother of all questions again, to what? Resolve them all in the season finale? Hahahha... No.

Opty
05-02-2014, 03:31 AM
SPOILER.....

...he does. He's even in the promo for next week's episode. The producers teased in an interview this week that Sarah left to go get help from Nyssa al Ghul and the League of Assassins. They're bringing their army of assassins to Starling City to help fight Deathstroke's mirikuru army.

heza
05-02-2014, 09:07 PM
SPOILER.....

I wondered where the hell she was.

"Sorry, Ollie. Shit just got real."

heza
05-08-2014, 06:48 PM
So now I'm obviously wondering whether Thea shot Macolm (I think I saw him in the preview for next week...) or the masked guy getting up behind.

What was with all the covert Olicity? In the clock tower, did anyone else notice the weird close ups whenever Oliver touched Felicity? When she hugged him after her big speech and it zoomed up on his hand closing around her back... and then when he was leaving her there with Jackson and it zoomed up on him gripping her shoulder... Was that just my imagination?

And Blood said one more person had to die--the person Oliver loved the most? So... is Slade targeting one more person, specifically, or is the City a person? If it's an individual, who would it be? Thea? Is that why Malcolm had to jump in and protect her? Is it Laurel? Is it Sara? Is it *cough*Felicity*cough* -- wasn't it sort of weird that Isobel was specifically looking for Felicity? (And she's wanted to kill her ever since...? Am I forgetting something Felicity did to her?)

CrastersBabies
05-09-2014, 03:08 AM
Fan-servicing. Seriously. They will never put those two together, but CW is known for winking/nodding at the fans.

Violeta
05-09-2014, 04:01 AM
I disagree. I see the writers putting Oliver and Felicity together and making it endgame without much of an effort. They love the little gem they found there and they're not just fanservicing us, I truly believe they've fallen as much in love with Olicity as their fans did. So yeah. I see Olicity in the future.

Am I forgetting something Felicity did to her?)

Nope, you're not. I think she just wants her dead because she's jealous and she never liked the IT girl anyway. Also, because Oliver liked her better? :Shrug: Not to mention that it might as well be simple orders from the boss.

heza
05-09-2014, 05:52 PM
I disagree. I see the writers putting Oliver and Felicity together and making it endgame without much of an effort. They love the little gem they found there and they're not just fanservicing us, I truly believe they've fallen as much in love with Olicity as their fans did. So yeah. I see Olicity in the future.

I would like to think Olicity had an actual shot. I agree it's what a good portion of fans want (mostly because of how they sabotaged Laurel's character early on). I also have to agree with Crasters, though—I'm just not convinced the CW would risk going that far against canon. It would really upset the purist... not that I suspect a lot of purists could stomach the show, anyway. :Shrug: But I shall cling to the hope you've given me. ;)

I would be satisfied with a slow-burn Olicity that plays out to the end with different relationships getting in the way in the meantime—so long as none of those relationships become too permanent. Like Oliver moving in with Sarah? Not crazy about that development.

.... it might as well be simple orders from the boss.

Because he loves her most!

Shadow Dragon
05-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Just got caught up and watched the season finale. Great final battle between Oliver and Deathstroke.

suha52
06-14-2014, 03:44 PM
OK, just seen the first episode and I think it was amazing. I am not the biggest fan of comics or very knowledgeable about Green Arrow in general.

Shadow Dragon
06-15-2014, 05:43 AM
OK, just seen the first episode and I think it was amazing. I am not the biggest fan of comics or very knowledgeable about Green Arrow in general.
You don't need to worry about comic knowledge in this. One, it's a very different universe than DC's main one so the characters all have a unique story. And they do a good job of giving the characters a backstory within the show, rather than depending on people to recognize who they are.

Opty
10-31-2014, 10:17 PM
What, no love for Arrow this season? :(

CrastersBabies
11-01-2014, 03:02 AM
I'm loving it! Great episode this week too.

Opty
11-01-2014, 06:16 AM
I hated that they killed Sarah but I think that I mainly liked her because she looked a lot like the girl I was dating. That ended last week, so now I'm totally cool with her being dead. lol

I wish they'd been able to get Liam Neeson for Ra's (he'd expressed interest in it) but I'm interested to see what they do with his character for the rest of the season, especially after the events of this week's episode.

Steve Coate
11-01-2014, 10:45 AM
She could always come back if Ra's' daughter sneaks Sarah into a Lazarus Pit.

CrastersBabies
11-03-2014, 07:21 AM
Next episode - goth Felicity!

Might be spoilers within...

http://screenrant.com/arrow-secret-origin-goth-felicity-smoak-images/

CrastersBabies
11-06-2014, 09:53 PM
omg you guyyys! Nothing?! Felicity!

dragonjax
11-10-2014, 11:34 PM
I have just finished marathoning all of Arrow from the beginning all the way to "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak." Totally caught up. And holy cats, am crushing on Felicity. And that was before the nod/wink to Death from DC's Vertigo. Now? Oh, so loving her. The way she got the gun away? Love. Her. With emphasis on the love.

Overall, I appreciate the comic book nods as much as the breaks from the comic canon.

This show, and The Flash, are such complete guilty pleasures, they're right up there with chocolate. Nom.

dragonjax
11-10-2014, 11:41 PM
So...comic book readers...bets on when Ray Palmer becomes The Atom? I know they're not sticking with canon (Felicity Smoak clearly isn't the same (http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Felicity_Smoak_%28New_Earth%29) one from comics), but you don't toss Ray's name around without the Atom. Right?

Diana Hignutt
11-11-2014, 12:59 AM
So...comic book readers...bets on when Ray Palmer becomes The Atom? I know they're not sticking with canon (Felicity Smoak clearly isn't the same (http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Felicity_Smoak_%28New_Earth%29) one from comics), but you don't toss Ray's name around without the Atom. Right?

I understand that Brandon Routh tweeted a pic of himself getting a cast made of his face, specifically for Arrow, one expects it's for his Atom Costume!!!!Yay!!!!

dragonjax
11-11-2014, 08:20 AM
I understand that Brandon Routh tweeted a pic of himself...[snip]

Double yay! :D Thanks, Diana. :)

Steve Coate
11-11-2014, 09:41 AM
News site says we'll get to see it in episode 11.

heza
11-11-2014, 07:28 PM
That's interesting. I have no knowledge of the canon, so I didn't know if I should suspect Palmer of being a villain (since everyone else who takes over QC is) or not. Happy to see he'll probably be one of the good guys. He's been fun so far. Routh is kind of a big name, though... do you think they'll be aiming for another spinoff?

omg you guyyys! Nothing?! Felicity!
I'm sorry, Crasters. I wanted to jump on the talk about Felicity because I love her so much, but my Olicity heart is just in the dumps. I was so excited about the finale and then spent all summer waiting to see what was going to happen, and then they puked it out (and I was so, so excited about all the confessions) there and then ended it all in one episode. And they did it with the "I can't have happiness" bane of my existence trope. So I'm moody now.

But I really did enjoy having an episode that was all about Felicity. She's bad-ass.

CrastersBabies
11-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Heza, me too! I feel so fan-serviced. I remember them making some announcement about how ollie/felicity shippers will "LOVE" what happens. Which I take to mean <<< the kiss >>>> and then, back to square one.

I hope she ends up with Ray. At least he is showing interest and isn't pulling the broody, breathy, "I'm sorry, I can't be with you because.... bad guys...." card.

dragonjax
11-11-2014, 08:39 PM
On the whole Olicity thing...

You know that Arrow and Canary are destined for each other; why else would Laurel be such a key player? And that's not even counting the comic book canon - Dinah Laurel Lance and Oliver Queen have been together since God knows how long. (Unless now they're not. I can't keep up. I'm old school; I read the comics back to the 1970s and 1980s.)

(Also: fun fact - in the comics, Ted Grant is Wildcat, and he trained Black Canary to be a crime fighter. And now on the series, Ted Grant is training Laurel to fight. So there's that.)

Anyway. I love Emily Bett Rickards, and her Felicity can do no wrong, as far as I'm concerned. But I doubt she and Ollie will ever really be together. Alas.

robjvargas
11-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Guy, if I can get pseudo-political here, I'm PISSED that Felicity seems to be kept in some kind of limbo. The episodes play while I'm coming home, so I haven't fully kept up.

I was enormously happy to see a woman portrayed as a techie. I wish they'd do something with that. I'm in I.T. and it hurts to see girl's eyes glaze over when I mention InfoTech. Any girl that be a secretary and organize an executive's day has all the skills she needs to make it in I.T.

Sorrry, rant over. She's an awesome character, and Arrow (the series staff) better understand what they have on their hands right freakin' quick.

heza
11-11-2014, 10:15 PM
You know that Arrow and Canary are destined for each other;

*plugs ears with fingers*

LALALALALALALA!

(I can't hear you over the sound of my OTP.)

heza
11-12-2014, 08:55 PM
You know that Arrow and Canary are destined for each other; why else would Laurel be such a key player? And that's not even counting the comic book canon - Dinah Laurel Lance and Oliver Queen have been together since God knows how long. (Unless now they're not. I can't keep up. I'm old school; I read the comics back to the 1970s and 1980s.)

Seriously, though, after having thought about it more...

I just don't know what they could do, at this point, to make a Laurel/Oliver relationship not seem forced. I mean, even when they were still an on-and-off item, the relationship didn't feel all that real to me, like it was just waiting to be broken up again.

And then Laurel seriously changed and I feel like they made a total train wreck of her character. I didn't even care if she was on the show anymore. Now, she's cleaned up some, but she's still really bitter and angry.

Oliver has also changed; he's just not the sister-hopping playboy he used to be, and it makes me feel like he's done with that part of his life.

They've both changed a lot, they've both had other relationships, and now when I see them together, I see friendship and duty, but I also see zero attraction. I just don't feel like there's any chemistry now, and I don't see a way to get it back to that place without just running roughshod over the character development and relationships they've already put in place.

dragonjax
11-13-2014, 12:34 AM
News site says we'll get to see it [snip].

Oh, awesome! :)

dragonjax
11-13-2014, 12:38 AM
They've both changed a lot, they've both had other relationships, and now when I see them together, I see friendship and duty, but I also see zero attraction. I just don't feel like there's any chemistry now, and I don't see a way to get it back to that place without just running roughshod over the character development and relationships they've already put in place.

Which probably makes Olicity look very, very plausible. I just wouldn't bank on that ending well...

What really needs to happen is Felicity needs to be the Barbara Gordon character in Birds of Prey. Canary, Huntress, Felicity running the show. Heck, add Nyssa. (In the comics, this is supposed to be Talia. Who goes on to have a son with Batman. So yeah, there's that.) **rubs hands together gleefully**

Ah, I'll stop trying to make this fit into the comics. :D I really like the show, so I'll leave it at that.

heza
11-13-2014, 12:58 AM
I hope she ends up with Ray. At least he is showing interest and isn't pulling the broody, breathy, "I'm sorry, I can't be with you because.... bad guys...." card.

I do like Ray, and I do think he and Felicity have a lot of chemistry. Their interaction is fun. I could see them together. I really like Felicity, though, so naturally, I'm pulling for her to get what she wants. But I'll accept this as a consolation.

Which probably makes Olicity look very, very plausible. I just wouldn't bank on that ending well...

I know, I know... I'm always shipping the couple that doesn't work out. :/

It just hurts my heart, you know? As a writer, I hate contrived romances, and it seems almost criminal to throw away a romance that has developed so naturally in the show in favor of a canon romance I just can't see in this context.

dragonjax
11-13-2014, 01:28 AM
It just hurts my heart, you know? As a writer, I hate contrived romances, and it seems almost criminal to throw away a romance that has developed so naturally in the show in favor of a canon romance I just can't see in this context.

Fair enough. I'm hoping that Laurel's character will change as she trains with Ted. Maybe once she's not someone who constantly needs saving, she'll be a stronger character, which will make for real chemistry between her and Ollie.

heza
11-13-2014, 01:40 AM
Fair enough. I'm hoping that Laurel's character will change as she trains with Ted. Maybe once she's not someone who constantly needs saving, she'll be a stronger character, which will make for real chemistry between her and Ollie.

Maybe. I do think Oliver needs to be with someone on the same footing and not someone who just views him as the hero. I do have mixed feelings about Felicity in that way. I think she's totally on his level, just in her own element, but she does kind of hero worship... or did, in the beginning.

Manuel Royal
11-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Finally -- Oliver shoots an arrow with a boxing glove on it. The series has achieved its purpose.

CrastersBabies
11-15-2014, 08:08 AM
Manuel lol.

Dragon and Heza, I actually like Laurel this season and felt she dug herself out of a hole near the end of last season. (No thanks to bad writing, imho.) They're finally giving her some agency. I feel so incredibly bad for her right now--having to keep her secret from her dad. My heart will utterly break when he learns the truth. And I'm really reading that in her this season, which I like!

I'm not sure I'm on board with her and Ollie, though. I feel like she's outgrown him. The way he tries to protect her and keep her from training and fighting feels a bit controlling to me. I'm pissed FOR her. I want her to learn how to kick ass and prove people wrong. And I think her fumbling a bit along the way is believable. If she suddenly could pull out all the moves, it would feel so contrived.

Opty
11-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Finally -- Oliver shoots an arrow with a boxing glove on it. The series has achieved its purpose.

It was a bit of fan service because Green Arrow has used several "special" (i.e., incredibly stupid) arrows in the comics and the boxing glove arrow is (in)famous for being one of the more comedically ridiculous.

http://www.fimfiction.net/group/199466/the-marveldc-cofan-club/thread/65196/marveldc-what-trick-arrow-do-you-prefer-boxing-glove-or-boomerang-arrow

heza
11-18-2014, 12:30 AM
It was a bit of fan service because Green Arrow has used several "special" (i.e., incredibly stupid) arrows in the comics and the boxing glove arrow is (in)famous for being one of the more comedically ridiculous.

Hah. That's fun then.

I'm not sure I'm on board with her and Ollie, though. I feel like she's outgrown him. The way he tries to protect her and keep her from training and fighting feels a bit controlling to me. I'm pissed FOR her. I want her to learn how to kick ass and prove people wrong. And I think her fumbling a bit along the way is believable. If she suddenly could pull out all the moves, it would feel so contrived.

Yeah, last year when people were saying Laurel would become Canary, I sort of just tilted my head because I could not see her in that sort of role, especially after her bender season, and I was assuming it would be some weird insta-thing. But if it is done slowly and it takes time for her to get up to the level that I would feel comfortable with her and Oliver starting an office romance, I might have grown to like her character again. I think it really depends, for me, on how bitter and haunted she is at the end of it. I'm sort of done with self-loathing heroes.

Also, I'm banning myself from TV for the week to catch up on NaNo, so if you see me in here with obvious knowledge of this week's ep, beat me soundly and send me away. :tongue

dragonjax
11-20-2014, 08:29 PM
Hugely enjoyed the new episode. (Hmm, no Laurel in it; wonder if there's a correlation? Heh.)

And hooray: A hint of there being more to Ray Palmer! Love how they got "ATOM" in there. Rah!

Plus the ad for The Flash/Arrow 2-parter the first week of December! Insert happy dance here!

:snoopy:

CrastersBabies
12-11-2014, 10:40 AM
WTF!!!!

heza
12-11-2014, 06:54 PM
WTF!!!!

:Jaw:
I suppose that's one way to leave things....

Cyia
12-11-2014, 07:03 PM
LoL. Think about who he was fighting.

There's a Lazarus Pit in Ollie's future, most likely thanks to Masao or Nyssa.

My big question was why he didn't show Thea the video of her killing the blonde (haven't watched the show long enough to know all the names).

I loved Felicity's "Why does this keep happening to me?"

And I don't normally comment on stuff like this, but I think this is the first time I've ever seen Alex Kingston without her natural curls. I wouldn't have recognized her if I hadn't seen her name in the credits!

Sheryl Nantus
12-11-2014, 07:08 PM
I love Felicity.

She just attracts superheroes to her.

She needs her own show.

"Everyone loves Felicity".

heza
12-11-2014, 07:37 PM
I love Felicity.

She needs her own show.

Lol.

Yeah, with everything that just happened with Ray and then Oliver's goodbye... I imagine she just can't think about her love life too hard or she'll implode. It's so soap opera, in a good way.

There's a [deleted]in Ollie's future, most likely thanks to Masao or Nyssa.

I'm going to guess Masao. They've spent a lot of time building that relationship.

My big question was why he didn't show [deleted spoiler] (haven't watched the show long enough to know all the names).My guess is that Ollie's doing the whole protection thing. He didn't tell Roy about killing the cop until Roy started to remember it. I'm assuming he won't tell Thea she killed Sara because she wasn't actually responsible for it and it would severely traumatize her. It would be a definite way to get her away from Malcolm, but I'm also not sure he could do it without revealing his own identity too... which would also traumatize Thea. But mostly, I think it's the secrets-to-protect-people game.

AshleyEpidemic
12-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Dear Lawd, I nearly had a mental breakdown last night. Yet, I kept thinking about how much Malcolm's plan backfired. It really is such a dick move to use Thea to manipulate Oliver to get himself out of trouble. Though it is perfectly in line with his character.

As for the events in the final sequence, it was so upsetting. It was like watching a toddler fight with a teenager. The unceremonious final kick actually sent shivers down my spine seriously. I don't know what I'm going to do with my self until late January. They can't do this to me. I feel like pulling out my hair.

While we know it isn't final and the likely source of help that will be received, it is still jarring. How long will we wait for a return? How will it change him? What debt will he now hold?

Then there's the whole Ray thing. We all knew he was going to be The Atom sooner or later considering the producers confirmed that before the season started. Seeing Ray actually show Felicity the exosuit designs was great. I can't wait to see him in action. I'm also looking forward to see him teaming up with the rest.

The events of this episode though will no doubt send some of the others into a spiral of action particularly Roy, Laurel, and Ray (though indirectly). I want to see them thrive and fail for a bit first. They need to be able to grow as heroes and this is the perfect opportunity.

I just posted (http://soipondered.wordpress.com/2014/12/11/the-state-of-oliver-queen/) on my blog exactly what I think is going to happen, but since it's so spoilery I'm going to leave it out. I have to say it's much in line with what heza mentioned though.

heza
12-11-2014, 10:35 PM
I just posted on my blog exactly what I think is going to happen, .....

Oh, nice blog!

So I agree that the others will have to fill in when they find out Oliver is gone, and Felicity might solicit Ray's help as back-up superhero. What I'm wondering is if that goes down, when Oliver does come back... how's he going to feel with Ray basically in his spot?

I mean, first he took Oliver's company, then he started romancing his girl.... I wonder how much friction there's going to be when Ray starts horning in on the day saving.

Oh, and I forgot she even had a weird thing with Barry the first time he was in Starling City. Girl is catnip.

Cyia
12-11-2014, 11:02 PM
I'm wondering if the show's going to go into Batman Begins territory with Oliver and Ra's.

It was obvious that Ra's was impressed with Oliver, one might even say that he liked him. He didn't believe that Oliver was responsible for the murder of the blonde woman they were trying to avenge, and if his goal in life is truly to "replace evil with death," then he might very well save Oliver himself - for a price.

The way they presented the character last night, is a lot like the version Liam Neeson played in the movies. A man with a twisted sense of justice, but one he believes in completely. I could see him viewing Oliver as a kindred spirit - much like movie Ra's did with Bruce Wayne.

Teach him to become one of the League, with that being the condition of his going home, then Oliver agreeing with no intention of ever becoming an assassin. It would end about as well as the movie version did, and for the same reason. Ra's intends to see the debt paid and the oath honored, while Oliver doesn't.

Something like that.

It seems like a set-up for a split storyline where the three "other" heroes try and fill a power vacuum that's going to lead to a horrible flare up of the worst kind in Starling's streets.

Somewhere around here, I've got an Arrow:Season 1 box set that I really need to unwrap and watch so I can catch up.

Sam Argent
12-11-2014, 11:12 PM
This was me during the fight last night:

"Oooohh, they're taking off their shirts. Obligatory baddie speech. Maybe Ollie can win. Uh-oh, Ra's isn't taking a sword and put a hand behind his back. Outlook not good for hero. Go for the pity stab, go for the pity stab, Ra's. Oh shit, Ra's is totally kicking his ass! Shit! Fuck, this is a beatdown! Arrow did not skimp on Ra's badassery! Tag in, Masao! Tag in! Aw shit, Ollie is done-oh wait, he got in a hit! Fuck, he's down again. Phew, Ra's did go for the pity stab! Wait, is he gonna...? Fuck! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I love that Arrow does this to me.

AshleyEpidemic
12-11-2014, 11:37 PM
So I agree that the

Oooh. I hadn't even thought much about how Ray may stir up those jealousy and inferiority feelings in Oliver again.

Gah. This is giving me too many feels. I can't handle it. The moment between Oliver and Felicity twisted my heart. I want to see the two of them together so they can stop playing this emotional dance and they can move forward with real complications. And yes, I am saying I want Felicity to be with Oliver and not Ray. I love Ray. I want him around. I love the engery Brandon Routh brings to the character and the show in general. That said, Oliver and Felicity just seem right, if Oliver could get his head out of his butthole.

CrastersBabies
12-11-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm liking the discussion I'm seeing. Of course we know that this isn't "The End." But, man, the characters are going to be hella tortured. And the team in Starling City is just waiting to happen (Black Canary and ATOM likely to fill a space now).

It will be so delicious to watch. I hope people will finally give Laurel a break. She's always been set up to become the canary. Her character has been through hell. She deserves redemption.

heza
12-12-2014, 12:36 AM
I'm wondering if the show's going to go into Batman Begins territory with Oliver and Ra's.

I totally agree.

I actually had that discussion with my husband last night. At some point right before the fight, I narrowed my eyes and said, "But didn't he train Oliver?" And my husband gave me that "you're dumb" look and said, "That's not Batman." But for that second, I had totally converged their stories in my head because it looked so much like it for some reason...

The moment between Oliver and Felicity twisted my heart.

Oh I know. When she asked, "And the second thing?" I was all omgomgomghyperventilate.

I'm liking the discussion I'm seeing. Of course we know that this isn't "The End." But, man, the characters are going to be hella tortured. And the team in Starling City is just waiting to happen (Black Canary and ATOM likely to fill a space now).

I can't help but think that this hiatus is the perfect time for fan fiction! There's just so much going on in the situations and the relationships. It feels like everything's just exploded all at once and there are so many places you could go from here.

It will be so delicious to watch. I hope people will finally give Laurel a break. She's always been set up to become the canary. Her character has been through hell. She deserves redemption.Oh, fine. I'll give her a chance... :tongue

dragonjax
12-12-2014, 02:14 AM
Oh. My. Zod.

So well done!!!

That look of disbelief on his face just before that final kick -- ahhh!

And I was so glad to see how easily Ra's defeated Ollie. Because, seriously? He should have. So glad (and sort of stunned) that Arrow truly went there. Kudos, showrunners!

And now...where's that damn Lazarus Pit???

Opty
12-12-2014, 03:20 AM
The main thing I kept thinking during the fight: Of course that happened. He's no Batman.

;)

Diana Hignutt
12-12-2014, 04:49 AM
The main thing I kept thinking during the fight: Of course that happened. He's no Batman.

;)

No, he isn't. Ollie has always been the poor man's Bruce Wayne, so to speak.

heza
12-12-2014, 05:11 AM

The poor man's hot, hot Bruce Wayne.

Opty
12-12-2014, 06:15 AM

Oh, I know. The character was originally created as a sort of rip-off of the Bruce Wayne / Batman character anyway. I was just teasing.

Because Batman would've kicked Ra's ass!

:P

robjvargas
12-12-2014, 07:08 PM
The poor man's hot, hot Bruce Wayne.

I wish I had his deep, brooding eyes.

It's not bro-mance. It's bro-envy.:poke:

Sheryl Nantus
12-12-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm waiting for Ray to put the suit on and triumphantly exclaim to Felicity "Now I can shrink things!"...

... before shrinking himself to the size of a dime.

Cue Felicity frozen in fear, afraid she'll step on her boss.

Ray: "Oh dear."
Felicity: "Please don't fire me."

AshleyEpidemic
12-12-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm waiting for Ray to put the suit on and triumphantly exclaim to Felicity "Now I can shrink things!"...

... before shrinking himself to the size of a dime.

Cue Felicity frozen in fear, afraid she'll step on her boss.

Ray: "Oh dear."
Felicity: "Please don't fire me."

Omg. I now have some very inappropriate, yet hilarious, shrinking quips. At least they might make Oliver feel better about losing everything to Ray.

Sheryl Nantus
12-12-2014, 10:38 PM
Omg. I now have some very inappropriate, yet hilarious, shrinking quips. At least they might make Oliver feel better about losing everything to Ray.

I suspect there are some areas where there will be NO shrinkage issues with Oliver.

Sorry, Ray.

Olicity forever!

;)

Opty
12-13-2014, 01:09 AM
I wish I had his deep, brooding eyes.

It's not bro-mance. It's bro-envy.:poke:

Hell, I wish I were in that kind of shape. The fact that he's a former freerunner is also impressive.

Stacia Kane
12-16-2014, 04:15 AM
I love Felicity.

She needs her own show.

(Forgive me, we're a week behind here, but I have to say this.)

I love Felicity like crazy. But am I the only one who was really uncomfortable with Ray's "Go out to dinner with me and I'll give you this couture dress?"

And Felicity didn't even bat an eye? Really?

I actually turned to my girls and told them that in real life there is a word for women who go out with men because the men give them expensive gifts, and it's not a very nice word.

It's not so much that he gave her the dress, it was the way it was done; that scene could have been worded in a way that didn't make it such a clear business transaction (or, conversely, more of a business transaction, as in, "This is a work event, and my employee must look glamorous and well-paid, so wear this." That would have worked for me). My husband and I both felt uncomfortable with it. Was it really just us?

CrastersBabies
12-16-2014, 05:36 AM
It's a CW flaw, imho. Making the females a bit too overzealous about shiny things. We're not all magpies. :)

AshleyEpidemic
12-16-2014, 07:12 AM
If a cute guy offered me a couture dress and a dinner invitation, once I assured that he didn't accidentally think I was a hooker, I would be on it in a second. It seemed pretty spot on to me. Then again, I positively love shiny things. They're so sparkly.

Sam Argent
12-16-2014, 09:38 AM
The dress scene didn't bother me. Ray pinging her phone was what ticked me off. Lordy, if a guy ever did that to me...

AshleyEpidemic
12-16-2014, 09:27 PM
The dress scene didn't bother me. Ray pinging her phone was what ticked me off. Lordy, if a guy ever did that to me...

Ditto. Track me and die. I like my movements to be anonymous. That's why I don't answer my phone 70% of the time. (Not really, but it sounds better than the real reason.) Seriously if someone is following me. I'm going to be extremely creeped out.

Stacia Kane
12-17-2014, 04:22 AM
If a cute guy offered me a couture dress and a dinner invitation, once I assured that he didn't accidentally think I was a hooker, I would be on it in a second. It seemed pretty spot on to me. Then again, I positively love shiny things. They're so sparkly.

Okay, I seriously, honestly, completely mean this hypothetically, and please don't take it as a comment on you, but... If you accept a couture dress from a man in exchange for going out to dinner with him, and the dress is the reason you agree to go... doesn't that kind of make you a paid escort, at least?

Like I said, it was just the flat-out, "I want you to go out to dinner with me and I'll give you this dress if you say yes," that bothered me, when there were so many ways to handle it that would have made it so much less prostitutey. (Including Felicity--Felicity!--not acting like she just won the lottery, instead of confirming that the price of an evening with her is a pretty dress.) I have zero problem with gifts, even expensive ones, really, especially from a guy like Ray for whom the 15k or whatever the dress cost would be like the price of a paperback for anybody else. I like gifts. I like being given gifts. Just, it wasn't presented as a gift, it was presented as payment.

Also, I hated her shoes. :)

M.S. Wilson
12-17-2014, 05:15 AM
Yeah, that last fight was pretty good (if rather one-sided), but Ollie "died" in the comics and came back, so no reason he can't do it here. They'll probably find him meditating in an ashram somewhere (minus his soul perhaps?)

Max Vaehling
12-18-2014, 12:44 AM
I read the Felicity/dress thing as a less serious exchange. More playful, as if they were in a place already where the dress wouldn't seriously matter. (Maybe only figuring that oput themselves, though. Or maybe it's just that Felicity once more sold the scene for me.

Another thing kind of bothers me though. Am I the only one who's concerned about her telling Ollie to kill Ra's? Not the first time she's strayed from her no-killing position, either. The first (major) time, I think, was at the end of S2 when everybody told Ollie to go kill Slade. At first I thought that ep's writer didn't feel comfortable with the no-kill rule and wanted to make that subtext text, but they earned it in the finale, when Ollie came through non-lethally.

I was very uncomfortable with the whole show at first because of all the killing. That's not the Oliver Queen I wanted to see. Then the show progressed from there and I started liking it. Felicity played a major role in that. The not killing, I mean. Well, the liking, too. Anyway, she was against it, and rightfully so. Isn't she the show's moral compass of sorts?

AshleyEpidemic
12-18-2014, 12:44 AM
Okay, I seriously, honestly, completely mean this hypothetically, and please don't take it as a comment on you, but... If you accept a couture dress from a man in exchange for going out to dinner with him, and the dress is the reason you agree to go... doesn't that kind of make you a paid escort, at least?

Like I said, it was just the flat-out, "I want you to go out to dinner with me and I'll give you this dress if you say yes," that bothered me, when there were so many ways to handle it that would have made it so much less prostitutey. (Including Felicity--Felicity!--not acting like she just won the lottery, instead of confirming that the price of an evening with her is a pretty dress.) I have zero problem with gifts, even expensive ones, really, especially from a guy like Ray for whom the 15k or whatever the dress cost would be like the price of a paperback for anybody else. I like gifts. I like being given gifts. Just, it wasn't presented as a gift, it was presented as payment.

Also, I hated her shoes. :)

I would see it as persuasion. I see it like this. If someone asks me to do something I don't want to do I'm not going to do it. In this case Felicity would not want to go to this dinner, so she would say no. However, if someone offers me something that I want in exchange for doing something I ordinarily would want to do, unless it is something my morality is against, there is a fairly strong chance I can be swayed. The more I want what is being offered the better the chance.

I went back and rewatched the scene and it seemed more bribe-y than escort-y.

CrastersBabies
12-18-2014, 12:51 AM
The no killing kind of puts me off at times. Not because I want violence, but because I feel like I'm being babied. That because this is a CW show, they need to toss in a few moments of pseudo morality to make what the Arrow does "okay."

They did this in the beginning with Supernatural. The Winchester brothers have to save every possessed human and have to be gentle in their dealings. When the world becomes not so gentle, they fail. And audiences get tired of having that same sit-down with a character that includes a "we don't have to kill" conversation.

There is a time to deliver a more final blow and a time to pull back. Felicity telling Ollie to kill this guy was a big moment for me. I don't believe it's against her character, no. Felicity needs to grow and evolve as a character as well and part of that is her realizing that yes.... There are some men who will never fit nicely within the parameters of legal justice.

Sam Argent
12-18-2014, 01:51 AM
I think Felicity asking Ollie to kill Ra's gets a pass because that guy has an army of assassins at his beck and call, and they've already seen what he's capable of ordering when he's annoyed.

heza
12-18-2014, 02:06 AM
I saw it as her understanding this was a fight to the death and being afraid that Ollie would pull back and give Ra's an opening to kill him. Didn't she even say that? If he wasn't decisive, if he hadn't made the decision to kill before he'd even gotten into the ring, then he'd most likely die for any hesitation. I think she was just saying, don't fool around, get out of there alive, no matter what.

Cyia
12-18-2014, 02:44 AM
She understood what Oliver may not have - or at least what she was afraid that he wouldn't accept. Ra's fights to the death. Period. All stop. Do not pass Go; do not collect $200.

So long as they were both alive, the fight wouldn't be over. Even if Oliver had beat the man into submission and left his bloody, broken but still breathing carcass on the mountain - it wouldn't have been over. That's what the two witnesses were for. They were to make sure the fight was finished.

Felicity knew someone had to die, and that if Ollie wasn't willing to kill, then he'd already lost before he started the climb.

Stacia Kane
12-18-2014, 04:03 AM
I would see it as persuasion. I see it like this. If someone asks me to do something I don't want to do I'm not going to do it. In this case Felicity would not want to go to this dinner, so she would say no. However, if someone offers me something that I want in exchange for doing something I ordinarily would want to do, unless it is something my morality is against, there is a fairly strong chance I can be swayed. The more I want what is being offered the better the chance.

I went back and rewatched the scene and it seemed more bribe-y than escort-y.

Hmm. Maybe if I re-watch it I'll feel differently; it is possible that I was just seeing it oddly--it really surprised me that she didn't say anything at all about it, even in a joking way, so I guess it could be that I was anticipating a comment from her so much that the lack of one gave it a different tone.

"Bribe" is a good point. Like I said, it wasn't the transaction itself, because there were plenty of ways it could have been worded or shown where it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest. It was just presented so baldly. (And then, too, I do have two daughters who think Felicity is awesome [I agree!] so I may be more sensitive for that reason, you know?)

Anyway, thanks for the discussion. :)

Cyia
01-29-2015, 08:44 PM
How nerdtastically cute is Felicity?

"I need the keys to your helicopter, boss. I promise not to crash it."

(Brandon Routh, the guy playing Palmer, was in one of those cheesy Hallmark or Lifetime movies that played on an endless loop around Christmas time. Every time I see him and Felicity in a scene like that, I think they need their own cheesy holiday movie.)

Sheryl Nantus
01-29-2015, 08:53 PM
How nerdtastically cute is Felicity?

"I need the keys to your helicopter, boss. I promise not to crash it."

Felicity needs her own show.

The Flash, Arrow and Atom visit on a daily basis.

Cyia
01-29-2015, 09:07 PM
Felicity needs her own show.

The Flash, Arrow and Atom visit on a daily basis.

She's secretly a metahuman possessed of a pheromone only superheroes can detect.

CrastersBabies
01-30-2015, 08:37 AM
I know I'm in the minority, but I love that Laurel is coming into her own.

I wasn't too pleased with the ending. DJ douche.... Ugh.

Papa Merlyn needs to ice this turkey.

Opty
01-30-2015, 10:58 PM
I still liked Sara much more than Laurel. Ugh.

Max Vaehling
01-31-2015, 04:41 PM
I love the way Laurel develops. Not my favorite character to begin with, but her arc is full of great potential. I also like that she's only about half-way done with her superhero education - still getting her butt kicked regularly, but not because she's a girl (as lesser shows would still play it) but because she's unexperienced.

Meanwhile, Felicity is the true heart of the team, the one who keeps the show rolling. If there's a Felicity spinoff in the planning, I suspect it'll be called "Birds of Prey".

AllenC
01-31-2015, 05:34 PM
Oh! Felicity as The Oracle, interesting, but Birds Of Prey was already done :(

Max Vaehling
01-31-2015, 08:18 PM
You gotta admit, though, it'd give that one scene with Felicity and Laurel some extra appeal!

CrastersBabies
02-01-2015, 12:15 AM
I'm excited for Laurel. I've wanted her to get all up in the super hero biz since day 1. She's stumbled along (mainly writers not knowing how to ease her into her heroic arc, imho), but now she's on her way.

In truth, I started out very lukewarm about Sarah. I grew to like her more over time, though. Same with Thea. It just took time to warm to her.

I, too, like seeing Laurel's training in action. She won't have Sarah's background, but why should she? She's had enough trauma and devastation to fuel her Canary evolution. She wasn't on an island and physically tortured then trained as an assassin. No, she was the one left behind to endure the loss of her sister and Ollie. Ready to put her life back together when it all comes crashing in again. Only to lose Sarah a second time. I think people forget that while this show may give Ollie and fans the "feels," Laurel's left holding the emotional bag. Over and over again.

Her relationship with her father really holds a lot of weight--at least for me. My heart breaks for Detective Lance (and for Laurel) each time she has to lie to him about Sarah.

I'm okay giving this character a chance to grow and become better.

dragonjax
02-03-2015, 07:37 AM
I must have blinked. How did Ollie get resurrected? Because he was stick-a-sword-in-me-and-throw-me-off-a-mountain dead. Did he get dunked in a Lazarus Pit during a commercial break?

Cyia
02-03-2015, 07:41 AM
It had something to do with Tatsu. Maseo took Oliver to her after the fall and she did a lot of off-camera hand-waving, which was basically explained as him being "mostly dead," ala Wesley and Miracle Max. The cold slowed him down enough that he was in shock, but not dead. She filled him full of tea and brought him back from the brink.

dragonjax
02-03-2015, 08:15 AM
The cold slowed him down enough that he was in shock, but not dead.

And thankfully, there was a lot of snow, so he didn't fall off the mountain. He bounced. ;)

Cool -- okay, thanks. It's basically superhero rules of death, sort-of death and kissing-close death.

Grrarrgh
02-03-2015, 11:50 PM
I, too, like seeing Laurel's training in action. She won't have Sarah's background, but why should she? She's had enough trauma and devastation to fuel her Canary evolution. She wasn't on an island and physically tortured then trained as an assassin. No, she was the one left behind to endure the loss of her sister and Ollie. Ready to put her life back together when it all comes crashing in again. Only to lose Sarah a second time. I think people forget that while this show may give Ollie and fans the "feels," Laurel's left holding the emotional bag. Over and over again.

Her relationship with her father really holds a lot of weight--at least for me. My heart breaks for Detective Lance (and for Laurel) each time she has to lie to him about Sarah.

I'm okay giving this character a chance to grow and become better.

I was happy to see her training and the results, too. I was really worried for a while we were going to get a 3 minute training montage, and then Laurel as the Canary would appear with skills to rival Sarah and Oliver. I like that she's still bumbling around a little bit, and I like that she recognizes it and lets the consequences of that bother her.

Diana Hignutt
02-04-2015, 01:18 AM
Sneak peak at Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer in his ATOM suit, woot! The Silver Age DC on the small screen, who would have believed it.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/328835-check-out-brandon-routh-in-his-atom-exosuit (http://www.superherohype.com/news/328835-check-out-brandon-routh-in-his-atom-exosuit)

CrastersBabies
02-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Aghhhh my feels! They are.... Feeling!

Cyia
02-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Diggle as the Green Lantern? Let's hope they do a better job than the film.

http://screenrant.com/arrow-diggle-green-lantern-john-stewart/

Max Vaehling
02-08-2015, 05:41 PM
I'd love that! Not the least because it'd fix that problem I keep having every time he joins a fight and everybody's wearing masks except him, but somehow that's not a problem for anybody.

Diana Hignutt
02-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Diggle as the Green Lantern? Let's hope they do a better job than the film.

http://screenrant.com/arrow-diggle-green-lantern-john-stewart/

I love this. But, yeah to Cyia's concerns...

Opty
02-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Ugh...I hate all of this talk of the John Stewart version of the GL being in the films. He's the worst one with the least personality and the personality and backstory they have him were boring. Why not Hal Jordan? Why not Kyle Raynor who was almost as popular as Jordan?