Chapters

Marbleeyes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aimoo.com
i am currently working on my life story as a teen mom. I got tired of only having heart break stories to read about young parents and now that I am out the other side and successful I want to inspire other youg girls. Any way my question has nothing to do with that and I am not sure this is where to ask but how do you decide where to end one chapter and start another one? I have been seperating chapters by big events in my life but a couple chapters are quite long. Any ideas?

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Marbleeyes said:
i am currently working on my life story as a teen mom. I got tired of only having heart break stories to read about young parents and now that I am out the other side and successful I want to inspire other youg girls. Any way my question has nothing to do with that and I am not sure this is where to ask but how do you decide where to end one chapter and start another one? I have been seperating chapters by big events in my life but a couple chapters are quite long. Any ideas?

I wish I had visited here sooner! A month is a long time to wait for an answer, I hope you found it somewhere.

I did an index up in the Novels section on James Macdonald's thread about writing. Granted, its intended audience is the novelist, but he does have a post about this subject pretty early on.