Amazon Hot New Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
Hopefully this is an okay place to ask this...

Has anyone seen this list on Amazon? Is it a random assortment of their books for sale, or does it actually reflect books that are being ordered?

They call it "Amazon Hot New Releases" but what makes them hot?!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Most likely, they're either novels Amazon's publishing (not KDP) has a stake in, or it's like front-table placement at a bookstore and publishers have paid to be included.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I don't know about that. Mine has turned up on one of those lists (in Gothic Romance?????o_O) and afaia there's been nothing of that kind. I thought it was maybe pre orders (for books that aren't out yet)? I've seen a few books from small press as well, which aren't likely to have the same budget for that.

Katie Elle

Banned
Reaction score
They are recently released books with high sales and include all books, not just Amazon's imprints or those from the trade press. It's automated, not paid promotion or editorially controlled. As with so many other things about Amazon, we don't know the exact algorithm and it may change from time to time.

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
They are recently released books with high sales and include all books, not just Amazon's imprints or those from the trade press. It's automated, not paid promotion or editorially controlled. As with so many other things about Amazon, we don't know the exact algorithm and it may change from time to time.

Good. Excellent. My book (not an Amazon release, and I doubt my publisher would have paid anything) keeps popping up on the list, so I'm delighted to hear this. :)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
They're hot because Amazon says they are. Other slaes sites may disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.