PDA

View Full Version : seeking betas

dlccomer
09-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi. New to this forum. Interested in finding beta readers for fiction/drama.

Williebee
09-26-2012, 08:27 AM
My BEST advice? Take the next month or so and get to know people around here. Participate in conversations (threads.) Participate in some of the writing challenges and do some critique work over in Share Your Work. Show folks who you are and what you offer. Learn what other folks have to offer and who is a right fit for you. A beta partnership is like a brand new lifelong friend and partner.

That said? Welcome to the 'Cooler!

thothguard51
09-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the community,

Now read this link...

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212171

Bufty
09-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi! Joins stampede for the door. Bye.

kkbe
09-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Don't screw up like I did, dlc newbie fish person. Keep that thought but first, you need to learn some stuff, investigate, pay your dues. Yep. Read the stickies, navigate this website, read, put in your two cents, try your hand at critting. . .

Fifty posts and you can post a sample or samples of your writing on SYW. Your best shot at a beta includes posting stuff you've written and critting others' works (which speaks to your commitment and reflects your writing style, skill, etc.), and offering to reciprocate. You can learn a lot here. I'd say you get out what you put in, but that's not entirely accurate. You get much more than you put in.

Assuming you're still here, I hope you stick around.