PDA

View Full Version : I Realize This Has Been Around For a While... [Doc Martin]

Lavern08
09-24-2012, 11:03 PM
...But I just discovered it (on PBS) a couple of months ago, and I am loving me some Doc Martin!

Any other fans out there?

Mclesh
09-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Lavern, funny you should ask. My hubs and I started watching just within the last year or so. My sister had been talking about it for a while. We were hooked pretty quickly and after we'd caught up to the current season went back and began watching the older episodes.

Doc Martin, as played by Martin Clunes, is such an interesting/infuriating/compelling character.

Really enjoy the show.

Lavern08
09-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Doc Martin, as played by Martin Clunes, is such an interesting/infuriating/compelling character.

I know, right?

I mentioned at work that I was hooked on the program, and a co-worker said he thought that the Doc had Asperger's.

He IS a brilliant doctor, but his social skills are horrendous. I'd really like to know how he and Louisa hooked up and made a baby? ;)

tamara
09-25-2012, 12:47 AM
I was thinking Doc Martin had Asperger's as well. Great show. Wonderful characters. We watch a lot of BBC dramas and Al Large is in everything. :)

Mclesh
09-25-2012, 12:59 AM
I know, right?

I mentioned at work that I was hooked on the program, and a co-worker said he thought that the Doc had Asperger's.

He IS a brilliant doctor, but his social skills are horrendous. I'd really like to know how he and Louisa hooked up and made a baby? ;)

The romantic tension between the two of them was always interesting to me. I've found myself questioning many times: what does she see in him?

Social skills? He doesn't have any. :)

jvc
09-25-2012, 01:57 AM
Not seen Doc Martin, but Clunes is a great actor. I'll get around to watching it one of these days.

ETA: I've added Doc Martin to the title to make it easier on peeps to see what the thread is about.

Not Solomon Brown
09-25-2012, 02:16 AM
The series is based loosely on Saving Grace. A really entertaining film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195234/

veinglory
09-25-2012, 02:19 AM
I love this show. I do wish they would let Doc Martin make just a little progress though.

LadyV
09-25-2012, 07:04 AM
They just started airing it on our local PBS station. I've only seen the first two episodes, but enjoy it already. However, I think I just had some later things spoiled (no one's fault, really).

Lavern08
09-25-2012, 07:20 PM
...I think I just had some later things spoiled (no one's fault, really).

Oops, sorry. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

Not Solomon Brown
11-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Series 5 is rerunning this week on ITV3.

AnneGlynn
11-22-2012, 03:15 AM
Not only do I enjoy the series, I've also enjoyed the movies made before the series. (I discovered the whole shebang on Netflix.)

The first two movies have the same actor with the same character name but this Doc Martin isn't the social disaster that's portrayed on the t.v. show. He actually interacts with people quite pleasantly.

Fun, fun, fun.

hannahward07
11-22-2012, 07:06 PM
I think there's another series in the works, maybe already been filmed.

Lavern08
11-23-2012, 10:29 PM
I think there's another series in the works, maybe already been filmed.

Oh goody - I can't get enough of Doc Martin. As the British say, I think it's "brilliant." :D