PDA

View Full Version : "Local Author" stickers

TroyJackson
09-20-2012, 12:11 AM
My upcoming book, The Elementals, will hopefully be out by the end of the year. I was thinking of maybe going with some "local author" stickers for it and dropping off a copy at the local library and other places. Does anyone find this useful? Waste of time/money?

Cabria
09-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Hi Troy,

You might want to post your question elsewhere (as this is the Greeting Card Forum). Perhaps under "Discussion" or "General Writing Interest" where there are other sub-forums that might direct you better. :)

TroyJackson
09-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi Troy,

You might want to post your question elsewhere (as this is the Greeting Card Forum). Perhaps under "Discussion" or "General Writing Interest" where there are other sub-forums that might direct you better. :)

Oops, sorry! I must not have read it right... :p

Cabria
09-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Not a problem! Just wouldn't want to see your question go unanswered. :)

Carlene
10-25-2012, 03:12 AM
I wouldn't "drop off a copy" at the library - I'd sell them one! I've sold five of my published novels to all the local libraries here - and yes, I have a local author sticker and have signed them.

Carlene

PortableHal
11-02-2012, 06:30 AM
I wouldn't "drop off a copy" at the library - I'd sell them one! I've sold five of my published novels to all the local libraries here - and yes, I have a local author sticker and have signed them.

Carlene

Congratulations, Carlene! My wife and I attempted to donate our MG mystery, Something Wicked, to the local library and it took them months before it was approved for the bookshelves. Maybe we should have sold them a copy.

But there is good news. Shortly after the book finally hit the shelves, we received a fan letter from a local reader. One step at a time....

Vaulted
11-02-2012, 08:34 AM
I haven't heard of "local author" stickers before, but I think they'd be a good way to get readers to pick up the book.

Lavern08
11-02-2012, 06:27 PM
... I think they'd be a good way to get readers to pick up the book.

I agree and Congratz!!! :hi: