Email Query Reponse Times

rchastain

Registered
Reaction score
So far my responses to email queries have been either a very quick positive or nothing.....

Since nothing means "no thanks" I'm putting those in the dead column. I'm just wondering if anyone's been getting email responses---of any kind---after a longer time, say a few weeks, month etc.

RC

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
rchastain said:
So far my responses to email queries have been either a very quick positive or nothing.....

Since nothing means "no thanks" I'm putting those in the dead column. I'm just wondering if anyone's been getting email responses---of any kind---after a longer time, say a few weeks, month etc.

RC

I started sending queries in april/may/june and for the most part have gotten either quick responses or nothing, however I did get three responses in December from queries I sent in June. (All email) One yes, two rejections.

dantem42

Registered
Reaction score
rchastain said:

RC

I sent out my first batch of purely email queries at the beginning of December (I've been querying, but this was the first time I did just email). I sent ten queries. I got one request for exclusive read the next day from a powerhouse agent, and a second positive response (to read on non-exclusive basis) about one week ago. Accounting for the holidays, I guess this means one immediate and one about four weeks from the send date. Four of the eight remaining sent polite rejects, and four have not responded.

All of these were agents who encouraged email submissions.