The Toast Bitches have a new home!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Hi, everyone,

As most of you know, The Toast Bitches had a bumpy ride. Contracted on spec during a very difficult time in my life, I managed to finish it on deadline.

However, I wasn't happy with the editing, and the book wasn't promoted to the same degree as others released around the same time. Its web page had a Lesbian banner across the top (it's not a lesbian book), and the publisher only featured it once or twice during its rotating promotion.

Shortly after its release, a reviewer who didn't like the publisher trashed it on Twitter after I had submitted it for a review.

When the print version came out, it wasn't formatted properly. It was as if they copied and pasted my double-spaced manuscript without bothering to do any formatting. To say the least, I was pissed but I kept our relationship civil.

After over two years, I asked for my rights back. The publisher promptly complied, wishing me luck with the book.

I realized shortly after release that The Toast Bitches were not consistent with the type of book the publisher normally publishes. The legitimate reviewers gave it glowing reviews, but categorized it as "Spicy Women's Fiction" rather than erotic romance. They were right.

When I got The Bitches back, I went over the manuscript carefully, making corrections the editor had missed, and fleshing out parts that reviewers thought were rushed.

After submitting to a few publishers and agents who accept previously published books, Musa Publishing stepped up to the plate. We plan a mid-2013 release.

Let's hope for a home run this time, instead of a strike out.

ARoyce

Hopeful romantic/hopeless pedant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amararoyce.com
Thanks for sharing your story! I'm so glad the Toast Bitches are getting a new life!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
So pleased for you! You deserve this. (-: (((Sandra)))

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on the new home and kudos for your perseverence!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
That's FANTASTIC news!! I can't wait to get my copy. Well done. After so much persistence and perseverance, you definitely deserve this success.

:D