Who the Heck Gets This for Their Dog?

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Duck-Billed Muzzles

:Wha:

:e2smack:

I'd be more embarrassed than the dog. They're ridiculous! Execpt the brown muzzle; it makes me think of some creepy stereotypical movie mental patient.

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We've tried a number of different muzzles for our dog, but none of them give quite the Hannibal Lecter effect I'd like...:p

These fall short as well. :D

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Muzzles never look cute and endearing.
I think this is what gets me about those muzzles. Muzzles aren't automatically cruel, but a sad necessity sometimes, so they should not look cute or funny. And yet whoever makes these things is trying to be cute and funny. That's just wrong! The muzzle almost looks cute on the pom, and that's even more wrong. It's as bad as pink enameled Hello Kitty handcuffs.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would be more worried about the effect on the dog. It looks like they keep the jaws from opening at all. A cage muzzle is much safer for the dog as they can still pant.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
The horse bit looks neat and all, but it looks like it keeps the horses ears pinned back. Not very comfy for the horse.

Unless I'm looking at it wrong.

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I would be more worried about the effect on the dog. It looks like they keep the jaws from opening at all. A cage muzzle is much safer for the dog as they can still pant.
I understand, though I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt that it might be roomier/more flexible than it looks. If a dog can't pant in a muzzle, that muzzle shouldn't be on the market.

I'm not real fond of cage muzzles myself. I prefer a mesh muzzle like this, since the dog can drink as well as pant (very important in hot climes).