PDA

View Full Version : Perception

Silver-Midnight
09-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Is anyone watching Perception on TNT? I am, and I really like it. The season finale is next week I think. I also think they've been picked up for a second season, but I don't know when it starts.

BloodSpatterAnalyst
09-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Is that the show with Rachael Leigh Cook?

I've seen previews, it looks really good!

veinglory
09-14-2012, 06:42 PM
It is entertaining but the science is sometimes *wildly* inaccurate.

Silver-Midnight
09-15-2012, 01:51 AM
Is that the show with Rachael Leigh Cook?

I've seen previews, it looks really good!

I think it is.

I really like it.

It is entertaining but the science is sometimes *wildly* inaccurate.

Wow. Really? I didn't know that. I'll probably still watch it though. :tongue I've become far too invested now. Haha.

MsJudy
09-15-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm enjoying it very much. And so is my very quirky son. Of course they bend the science a bit--TV shows always do. I'm more irritated by the convenient ways the FBI just happens to allow this crazy professor person to tag along on investigations. Totally inaccurate, I think. But I forgive them because I love any show that explores the territory between what is crazy and what is simply a unique perspective?

KellyAssauer
09-15-2012, 03:45 AM
But I forgive them because I love any show that explores the territory between what is crazy and what is simply a unique perspective?

^ This is it for me, and it's the only time/role I can recall being able to watch Eric McCormack act. That's a plus. =)

DeleyanLee
09-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Eric McCormick is the main reason we started watching this show. Discovered him during the Lonesome Dove TV series (where he played a wonderful absolute shite), moved to Will & Grace and now in Perception.

Love the concept. Yeah, the cop stuff is fudged, but, honestly, I wouldn't want to know how the FBI would really function. Fiction is so much more fun and entertaining.

It's the only show I went out of my way to make sure I caught this summer (sorry Winchester boys), and I'm looking forward to the next season. After the change in the finale, I'm wondering what they've got planned going forward.

I just hope they don't do anything with a romantic relationship. They're great as friends, former teacher/student. I'm seriously tired of all male/female leads having to have a romance. (It's one of the things that ruined Bones for me, honestly.)

Though if they had a fling and it crashed and started a new Great Chicago Fire--but they still have to work together, that could be fun. Assuming they keep the writing quality up, of course.

BloodSpatterAnalyst
09-29-2012, 02:47 PM
I love Eric McCormack in the role of the nut job professor. I remember watching him in Will and Grace growing up. I finally started watching it earlier this week and I admit I was skeptical about it at first. Then out of nowhere it just sucked me in and I'm glad it did.

I just finished the 10th episode and I'm really enjoying it so far. I hope that wasn't the season finale?

DeleyanLee
09-29-2012, 06:15 PM
It was a short (summer) season, so, yeah. That's it. But I've heard that it was renewed, so it'll be back next summer.

Nice to have something new to look forward in the summer. :D

Silver-Midnight
09-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Yeah, that show really does suck you in. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do.

I just hope they don't do anything with a romantic relationship. They're great as friends, former teacher/student. I'm seriously tired of all male/female leads having to have a romance. (It's one of the things that ruined Bones for me, honestly.)

Though if they had a fling and it crashed and started a new Great Chicago Fire--but they still have to work together, that could be fun. Assuming they keep the writing quality up, of course.

Wow. I must be one of the few people who doesn't mind a romantic relationship happening between them. I mean I know the male/female partner turning into romantic relationships is over done. I actually kind of like this one truthfully. But that's just me. :D

MsJudy
09-29-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't mind a little romance, either. Especially in this situation, where it can't be too cute and cuddly. So few paranoid schizophrenics manage healthy long-term relationships. It would be lovely to see that explored... as long as they continue to make some effort to be realistic about how difficult it would be.

DeleyanLee
09-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Wow. I must be one of the few people who doesn't mind a romantic relationship happening between them. I mean I know the male/female partner turning into romantic relationships is over done. I actually kind of like this one truthfully. But that's just me. :D

My problem with romantic relationships on the vast majority of shows is that the sexual tension is often a big part of what makes the relationship interesting. Once they're involved, there is no more sexual tension, so a large portion of what's interesting about the show is gone and it's all boring and uninteresting.

When I really like a show, I really don't want that to happen, y'know?

Silver-Midnight
09-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't mind a little romance, either. Especially in this situation, where it can't be too cute and cuddly. So few paranoid schizophrenics manage healthy long-term relationships. It would be lovely to see that explored... as long as they continue to make some effort to be realistic about how difficult it would be.

I agree with that.

My problem with romantic relationships on the vast majority of shows is that the sexual tension is often a big part of what makes the relationship interesting. Once they're involved, there is no more sexual tension, so a large portion of what's interesting about the show is gone and it's all boring and uninteresting.

When I really like a show, I really don't want that to happen, y'know?

Again, I can agree with that. :tongue