Status
Not open for further replies.

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
Now that we have an Art Braggage thread, do we have a place for a Whoa is me! thread? I felt qualified to start one now that I'm between permanent employment starting today.

Lady art is a cruel, but lovely mistress. How has she done you wrong in the recent days? How will you find yourself on your feet once again?

Last edited:

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Ermmmm.... why are you telling yourself to stop? Stop what?

And bad luck on being between jobs. It's not nice.

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I'm definitely not stopping. I'm "between jobs," as in I'm definitely getting another one soon.

The positive spin does need more emphasis. Let me go up and make a little edit.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
ERmmm.... I kind of meant the title. Shouldn't that be 'woe is me'?

Take no notice, got me pedant head on!

Rhubix

New kid, critique harshly!
Registered
Reaction score
Me too! - about the hiatus part anyway. My current contract finishes this week, and the company doesn't have more work for me until after new years. I'm in discussions with another company in the mean time, but that contract wont start until October if I decide to take it / they decide to take me.

I like the word Hiatus- instead of unemployed, because it's pretty.
In between is just a part of working in the arts industry- so I plan for it, save as much money as I can while I'm working and enjoy the time off when I have it. (for a few weeks until I go crazy with boredom.)

I discourage getting down about it though- because it's just a part of the game. I know people in the industry 20 years who still have dry spells. I certainly don't want to find myself any more bitter and jaded then I already am!

I'm going to spend my down time working on expanding my portfolio- improving my figure drawing, and maybe visiting my family out east.
No woe for me!

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I'm working on my online portfolio, polishing my resume with a ton of new skills, and I finally have time for digital painting again.

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
Currently waiting for the tablet to get back in stock so I can resume some digital art because my last one broke. *sighs* In the meantime, I'm sketching things from my stories, dreaming up Korean tarot cards, drawing gisaeng and a bunch of PoCs... ^^;;

Did I mention the irony that electronics break when I'm emotional and for some reason I still chose web design as a profession. Yeah. I know.

I need to make my portfolio look better. I probably should quit knitting and making clothes for myself. And procrastinating.

Rhubix

New kid, critique harshly!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on my online portfolio, polishing my resume with a ton of new skills, and I finally have time for digital painting again.

Awesome- see hiatus is awesome :D (as long as it's not too loong)

Currently waiting for the tablet to get back in stock so I can resume some digital art because my last one broke. *sighs* In the meantime, I'm sketching things from my stories, dreaming up Korean tarot cards, drawing gisaeng and a bunch of PoCs... ^^;;

Did I mention the irony that electronics break when I'm emotional and for some reason I still chose web design as a profession. Yeah. I know.

I need to make my portfolio look better. I probably should quit knitting and making clothes for myself. And procrastinating.

oh noes! my last tablet stopped working, and my husband used some kind of magical airplane mechanic spray goo inside. It melted the case a little bit, but it went back to working flawlessly! Definitely invest in an attractive handy-person.

I work with an animator that breaks everything in his path - we went to college together and broke 3 monitors in 3rd year!

Portfolio fixing is always smart. I try to make a list of things and when I'm bored - try do one of the list projects.... I usually end up cleaning my house.

good news is Hiatus means my place is going to be the cleanest! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.