• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Contemporary Romance seeks POV mentor/beta readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaCain

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marycaineditor.com
Hello all. Mary Cain, here. I've completed my first contemporary romance. In the beginning beta readers had problems with my POV switching within the first chapter. I did a lot of revision to correct this. I'm currently in the query process and one agent has requested my manuscript. I've got less than 30 days in the wait period. I'm still querying other agents but upon rereading the first chapter, I'm worried about the POV again. I was looking for some insight. If the said agent passes, I'll definitely be doing some rewriting. Anyone interested in mentoring on POV or critiquing should pm me. Always willing to return reads.

Here is my pitch:

Matt hasn’t exactly been pining away for Clare MacCarthy since he last saw her when she was sixteen but when he sees her all grown up, standing in the garage he works at, he realizes he’s been delivered a second chance. All he has to do is convince the privileged, well-mannered woman of his dreams that a greasy mechanic like him has got something to offer her.

And he does.

An eighteenth century sailor’s journal that a history enthusiast like Clare can’t resist.

Matt is charming in a way Clare has never experienced. He’s open and honest and fun; something she knows little about.

Confused by her Cinderella complex and his desire to get closer to her, Matt is left in the dark about Clare's twisted first boyfriend and how her life was forever changed by him. When he does find out, he’s conflicted. He’s already fallen in love with Clare and although she hasn’t lied, he realizes he knows absolutely nothing about her, other than she’s as obsessed with his ancestor’s journal as his negligent grandfather was.

Status
Not open for further replies.