• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA Dark Fantasy - 15K words

Status
Not open for further replies.

midazolam

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would be willing to beta/critique my WIP. Could really use some thoughts on character, tone, and general thoughts on the story thus far. No line edits needed - this is a polished draft.

I'd be willing to swap a few chapters, but I can't commit to a full ms. Feel free to PM me or post here - thanks!!

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
What's the story about? Give us a blurb. Maybe that'll help.

Depending on what you mean by 'dark fantasy', I might be interested.

AshRose

Unofficial Expert on Angels
Registered
Reaction score
What is the story about? I may be interested as well.

midazolam

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, guys. Here's (my attempt at) the pitch:

Seventeen-year-old Ellen Fitzgerald lives in an old tollhouse on the Susquehanna River, directly opposite the abandoned Lesker estate. When Ellen and her friend decide to cross the river and explore the property, they become trapped in a dark, sinister battle between two tollhouses, two different worlds - where loyalties are tested, enemies are made, and survival hangs in the balance.

It has elements of dark fantasy, horror, and romance.

Status
Not open for further replies.