spanish speaking people- words and food

McMich

Registered
Reaction score
Hi- I am writing a novel where the mother is hispanic and the father hawaiian- the daughter is not fluent in spanish but knows words. so here are my questions:

1. What would be a spanish nickname a mother would call their child/daughter (like how my father always calls me honey and my mom sweetie) and what does it translate to

2. for anyone with a hispanic mother- what is your favorite food she makes - the mother is from south america if that is more specific for you

3. what would a teenage guy who speaks spanish as a first language call a girl he likes in spanish- I'm thinking more as hitting on her than a cute nick-name, such as kitten? (and what does it translate to)

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Hi- I am writing a novel where the mother is hispanic and the father hawaiian- the daughter is not fluent in spanish but knows words. so here are my questions:

1. What would be a spanish nickname a mother would call their child/daughter (like how my father always calls me honey and my mom sweetie) and what does it translate to

Carina: Dear one.
2. for anyone with a hispanic mother- what is your favorite food she makes - the mother is from south america if that is more specific for you

¿Qual parte de America Latina?

Cada persona gusta flan.

3. what would a teenage guy who speaks spanish as a first language call a girl he likes in spanish- I'm thinking more as hitting on her than a cute nick-name, such as kitten? (and what does it translate to)

muñeca (doll).