This is ridiculous

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I have a one-on-one training session once a week. It's well worth it.

Yesterday, we concentrated on my arms. I did chest presses with a bar and push ups.

Here is the ridiculous things. My shoulders and arms ache now, but they ache so that I can't type for long periods of time. I keep making mistakes of I type more than a paragraph or two because it hurts me. I don't have a wrist-rest on this PC because it's a shared PC so it can't be set up for my preference or Jos and I would be constantly resetting it.

My shoulders ache too much to get into my writing today.

shyne

At your service
Registered
Reaction score
Get a ponytail, place the ponytail in your mouth, and bite down like a kung-fu action star in pain.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Then keep typing, while eye of the tiger plays in the background.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Gah, it's really hard to explain what is actually happening here. But here it is.

Because Jos is tall, the chaitr is too low for me. This makes the desk and keyboard too high. Which means my arms are at a constant stretch when I type. I can handle this when all my arm and shoulder muscles aren't aching because my monster of a trainer upped my weights and reps yesterday.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gah, it's really hard to explain what is actually happening here. But here it is.

Because Jos is tall, the chaitr is too low for me. This makes the desk and keyboard too high. Which means my arms are at a constant stretch when I type. I can handle this when all my arm and shoulder muscles aren't aching because my monster of a trainer upped my weights and reps yesterday.
Flex those newly buff muscles and explain to everyone exactly what height the chair will be from now on...

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Flex those newly buff muscles and explain to everyone exactly what height the chair will be from now on...

I might have to try it.

Though, Jos will probably just pick me up, move me and put me down again.

Ill have an office of my own before the end of the year, if all goes well, so I can have the chair at the right height, and have a wrist rest.

Paper & Pencil

I miss the pink elephant...
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe a small towel rolled up to use as a wrist rest. You could take it with you when you're done so there's be no worry of someone messing it up and you having to readjust anything?

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I get shoulder pains a lot. (We can pretend this is because of my hardcore gym routine even thought it's not.) When it's really bothering me I put my keyboard in my lap so my arms can kind of dangle in a resting position. When that doesn't work, I use ice on them for about 20 minutes which usually buys me about an 30-45 minutes of tolerable desk sitting/typing.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kathl33n

Questioning Everything
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 5'1", hubby is 6'7". I have a "short" chair (folding, tiny thing from Walmart) and he has the "big" chair (from the dining room table). I take my short chair with me to the dining room table, too :D.

If you really want a laugh, I have a foot stool by the washing machine because I can't reach the bottom of it for socks (canyon size washer that will fit a king-size comforter). I put it back into the kids' bathroom when I'm done. :p