PDA

View Full Version : I'm back into Poetry again?! Why? What is wrong with me?

unthoughtknown
01-15-2006, 01:14 PM
I don't know why, but I am back into poetry. I'm re-vamping my old stuff and hoping to submit.

The funny thing is, I thought my poetry-writing days were long over. Evidently not.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or do you find that every now and then you change the areas of writing you are interested in? I think it's good in a way, because of the versatility factor...

Maybe it's been this forum? Maybe I should thank Will. :)

Who knows. It's WEIRD. Soon I'll find myself getting back into screenwriting again, no doubt. Yikes, as long as I finish my novel first #@!

kdnxdr
01-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Hi Jennifer,

I just finished reading all the posts in the "What is Poetry?" thread. It's so good. Then I read this post of yours. I think if you read that other thread, you might find the answer to your question.

Welcome back to poetry!

kdnxdr

aspier
01-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Its a weeny phenomenon ... eh, or no, a not-weeny one, Oee i don't know.
Here alien thread = http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25393 I'm like you, want to re-vamp.

Basically its Jenna I think who started all this 'spring cleaning', no? Oee she's an early bird!

William Haskins
01-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Maybe it's been this forum? Maybe I should thank Will. :)

don't blame me... er... i mean, no thanks necessary.

i have strong feelings about the value and function of poetry. i'm happy to hear when anyone becomes passionate about it.

veinglory
01-15-2006, 11:26 PM
I wrote no poetry for about a year before getting back into it recently when an old submission suddenly sold. A bit of encouragement goes a long way.

unthoughtknown
01-16-2006, 02:49 AM
It's all very curious, I think.

Lately, I've been reading some good poetry too.

I wish I could correspond with clients at work in poetry form. That would certainly make my day job more interesting. May pitch this to my boss.