Agent preference on reading full MS (digital or print out)

GuruLord

Cake or Death?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
copernicusnerdicus.blogspot.com
Just another odd question for the agents that might be stumbling across the boards, or maybe even some writers that have some knowledge about this.

When requesting a full, if you only deal with digital versions, do you prefer to print out the full MS and read it as such, or do you just read it through an e-reader like an IPAD or from your computer?

Was just wondering because I absolutely despise reading my own work on the computer, much less other work (i'm against e-readers lol, I like something tangible in my hands).

It's not a very important question, obviously. Just a tingling curiosity as to agent preferences.

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The agents I know no longer use hard copy. Everything is done on their PC (Neither uses a Mac) in Word. The editors I know also no longer use hard copy (not sure one of them is old enough to remember paper...).

One publisher I know uses hard copy, but she publishes a small journal that has almost no professional authors. Her editing job is all digital.

Jeff

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I know a couple of agents who read requested manuscripts on their iPads; I don't know any who print them out and read them in hard copy.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Considering the expense of printing out book-length MSS, I'd imagine very few agents would request a digital submission and then render it paper.

If they wanted paper, they'd ask the writer to send it. ;)

MandyHubbard

Once Upon a Time....
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MandyHubbard.com
I read on a kindle. My interns forward MSs via email (it's like MAGIC!)to the kindle as soon as they arrive in my slush email box.

I have a folder on my kindle labeled "to reject" so that I can move it over as soon as I've decided to stop reading.

I cannot even IMAGINE trying to print MSs and cart them around. Ick. I feel sorry for the agents of yesteryear. haha.