Hotel/Resort/Dude Ranch terminology

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I'm planning a story in which a corporation has built its business on buying small (like, family-operated) dude ranches, inns, etc., and then running them with central organization but still attempting to maintain the personalized charm of the original facility.

I'm wondering if there's a name for these sorts of operations. They're not boutique hotels, I don't think - too small, and not trendy enough. Not micro-hotels, but if that word wasn't already being used for something else, I think it would fit. I'm just looking for a smooth-sounding tagline for the corporate executive: "We specialize in XYZ, combining the reliable quality of a large chain with the unique charms of family-run establishments."

Is there a term for XYZ? Any other words that I seem to be misusing?

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
The small family run places are often Bed and Breakfasts. I've stayed in a few and they can be anything from a large house to a former hotel someone bought for the purpose. They can be very high end or low end depending on the luxuries offered. Of course many actual hotel chains now include free breakfast too.