• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

'Bucket List book' YA Contemp - beta wanted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya everyone :)

I'm looking for a beta for my untitled contemporary. Please no swaps, because I'm a hopeless beta reader, but maybe someone out there would like to give this one a read?
Summary: IN HONOR meets BEFORE I DIE (just a bit more cheerful).
It's 65,000 words, and it does contain some sex and some strong language (there's a scene from late on in the book in YA SYW).

After finding her murdered brother's diary, 16-yr-old Perrie Huxley and her best friend Toby set out to complete the 'things to do before I turn 18' bucket list he wrote before he died. As they complete the tasks one by one, they learn a lot more about each other, and that boring, nerdy Elliott wasn't quite as boring as they'd always thought...

I'm not looking for line-by-line, just a general crit: Did you enjoy it, is it funny, is the grief unrealistic/overdone/underdone, is Elliott's POV suitably masculine and does he seem too Mary-Sue, are Perrie and Toby likeable, does the ending work for you, etc etc.
P'm me if you're interested?

Thank you :)

enchantingdragon

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested but admit I'm new to this so not sure if I'm the best at this kind of stuff since I've never done it before

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Amy I want to read ALL YOUR BOOKS. I unfortunately am still undergoing revisions for mine, but would love to read and give you some comments. E-mail me. :D

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
UPPING! I would love a couple more beta readers - kind of to work with what the first ones said - I've got some more specific things I'd like opinions :)

Thank you :):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.