PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fresh eyes...

hester
08-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi all! I've been lucky enough to find some fantastic betas on this site, and I'm looking for one (maybe two?) more for a YA sci-fi of 76,000 words. As a FYI, this is a R & R for an agent, and I want to make sure I've hit all (or most) of the points she mentioned in her revision request. Specifically, I'm looking for areas where the plot doesn't flow as organically as it should, if there are any scenes that should be cut or consolidated, and I'd also like some opinions on how the ending comes together and whether it fits the tone of the rest of the novel...

Briefly, the story involves a girl who finds out that her friends are being experimented upon with an injectable drug containing animal stem cells (for the purpose of influencing behavior, appearance, etc.) There's some off-color language (okay, a fair amount) and some romance.

Many, many thanks in advance (and I'm willing to swap, if anyone's got something they want reviewed!)

geagar
08-31-2012, 10:50 PM
Hester,
I would be willing to Beta read your story, sounds interesting. I have a 55k MG fantasy that I would like to exchange.

PM me if this is a good fit for you.

leahzero
08-31-2012, 11:40 PM
I'd be up for swapping after my first round of betaing is over in a couple of weeks. If you're down, my beta thread is here (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252750). (My MS is also YA SF, set in space.)

GL!

hester
08-31-2012, 11:53 PM
PM'd you both, and thank you!!