Genre Confusion

determined2finish

something from nothing
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I hope you can help me with a question I have been scratching my head over for a while. In researching literary agents I've noticed some represent "Nonfiction: Humor/Satire," and some represent "Fiction: Humor/Satire."

As a literary agent, how do you define the difference between nonfiction humor/satire and fiction humor/satire? Is one more marketable than the other?

Thanks, and I eagerly await your reply!

Andrew Zack

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.zackcompany.com
determined2finish said:
Hello,
I hope you can help me with a question I have been scratching my head over for a while. In researching literary agents I've noticed some represent "Nonfiction: Humor/Satire," and some represent "Fiction: Humor/Satire."

As a literary agent, how do you define the difference between nonfiction humor/satire and fiction humor/satire? Is one more marketable than the other?

Thanks, and I eagerly await your reply!
Um, how do you define the difference between fiction and nonfiction? One is not true, the other is true. Simple as that. If I write a funny novel, that's not the same as writing a memoir full of funny-but-true stories about my crazy family, right? One is fiction, the other is not.

determined2finish

something from nothing
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I realize my question may have sounded dumb. My actual question is about satire - how can satire be either fiction or non-fiction if it is a spoof of something?

Last edited: