• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for someone to bounce ideas off

Status
Not open for further replies.

enchantingdragon

Registered
Reaction score
I dont have anything written really, a couple 100 to 1000 words here and there but what Im struggling with is what to do as we move from point to point. I know what the big points are and the crucial moments but am having a hard time with the smaller things, the dialogue, character development, etc to get me from one moment to the next. I would love to just have someone to talk to (through PMs or emails or whatever) who I could share my ideas, the big outline some of the character ideas I have, and then have them give me insight on it and maybe help move me along from point to point.

I actually have 2 things Im working on. My first one was a young adult fantasy type love triangle story. I had about 10,000 words at one point but after joining here I knew my work wasnt up to snuff so I scrapped it and restarted so Im just shy of 4,000 words on it now but I feel like its better, tighter writing, better character and scene development (its still poor Im sure but better then attempt one and thats all I can ask for at the moment)

The second story is actually an idea that crept up in my mind as of late, partially due to all the political nonsense being shoved around since its election year. The story idea came to me after a brief conversation with my husband and I actually had the entire thing outlined (as in the big points) in a day. I started work on that and have around 1700 words. Im not sure how to categorize it, it might be young adult but the subject matter is more serious too. Its also got a little bit of a message maybe to it Im not sure what to call it. I will say this story has more meat and passion to it perhaps because of my own personal stance and views about things like it.

Anyways Im just really looking for a friend to talk to and slowly help me obtain some kind of coherency in my writings. Thanks!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Get up to 50 posts and you can post portions of your work in SYW (Share Your Work) Forums. I know this place can be overwhelming, but it's an excellent resource for writers. There's also a Basic Writing Forums for questions like you're asking. Hope to see you post more! And welcome to AW!!!

enchantingdragon

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I lurk so much here as I really have a hard time trying to even figure out what Im asking. I need like writing 101 or something as this is just something I decided to try one day since I liked the idea I had and it was something I wanted to read and boom off I went. Im not sure if Ill ever feel comfortable sharing my work to so many people at once (definitely not without a lot of feedback saying its good enough to share) but i do love reading peoples shares over in that forum. I guess what I was hoping for is to just make a friend who also is into writing/reading to help me bounce thoughts and ideas. I can try my own friends in real life and do to an extent but just thought it would be nice to try a new friend who doesnt know me so well so they dont worry as much about hurting feelings.

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
I will gladly be your sounding board. I like doing that. You may want to check this thread, sorry I couldn't find a direct link to him, but he has Great advice for new writers.

http://184.168.82.237/forums/showthr...154203&page=80

I don't have credentials but I will offer my unbiased opinion. I read a lot too, so I know what I like :)

Snuggles

Back Again!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I lurk so much here as I really have a hard time trying to even figure out what Im asking. I need like writing 101 or something as this is just something I decided to try one day since I liked the idea I had and it was something I wanted to read and boom off I went. Im not sure if Ill ever feel comfortable sharing my work to so many people at once (definitely not without a lot of feedback saying its good enough to share) but i do love reading peoples shares over in that forum. I guess what I was hoping for is to just make a friend who also is into writing/reading to help me bounce thoughts and ideas. I can try my own friends in real life and do to an extent but just thought it would be nice to try a new friend who doesnt know me so well so they dont worry as much about hurting feelings.

I like the idea of having a writing buddy to bounce ideas off and just discuss things with. PM me if you are still looking for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.