Status
Not open for further replies.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tuesday the 17th!

I can't wait. I love the auditions. My favorite worst of the worst was Mary. Remember her?

Last year was the only year the person I voted for didn't win.

I love Simon! Though I didn't in the first season, but Randy's my dog and who can't say enough good things about Paula!

I'm counting the days.....

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Here I am too! I have been counting the days down to American Idol! I never saw season One but have been a fan since season 2. I became a Claymate!! It was Clay all the way for me. Season 3 was disappointing but last year was great!
Thanks for starting the thread! I will be here weekly - we can discuss the singers and everything.
Mary was a riot but my favorite "non idol" is still William Hung. I love him! I think he's so adorable.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
elisadasilva said:
Mary,

I confess I am a hopeless AI addict. I have been counting the days since Bo got shafted.

I saw Bo's CD in Target after Christmas. I was afraid to buy since I didn't care for Fantasia's CD or Rubin's too much. Thought I didn't vote for Kelly I do like her hits as do my daughters. I do have Clays's CD and not it's too bad, but I'm giving it to my girls to learn to sing to. It's too young for me.

Yea!!!!!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
September skies said:
Here I am too! I have been counting the days down to American Idol! I never saw season One but have been a fan since season 2. I became a Claymate!! It was Clay all the way for me. Season 3 was disappointing but last year was great!
Thanks for starting the thread! I will be here weekly - we can discuss the singers and everything.
Mary was a riot but my favorite "non idol" is still William Hung. I love him! I think he's so adorable.

William is the bomb. You can go two ways with that I guess. But he was an icon for the nerds or was it the geeks?

I loved Bo and Constantine and Justin made me smile like a school girl.

You know I pegged Fantasia from the get go and I was right. Now Carrie is a fantastic singer, but I don't hear too much from her. Kelly's career has really taken off and I really like her songs and voice style. I think if the other's CD's were written a little better they would have had more stardom, perhaps. I'm not an expert on that matter.

Three days!

elisadasilva

Registered
Reaction score
YEY!

I just got Kelly's CD for my daughter's birthday. Although I love it my daughter who is eleven told me that Kelly only sings about depressing stuff. Haha.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
writerterri said:
William is the bomb. You can go two ways with that I guess. But he was an icon for the nerds or was it the geeks?

You know I pegged Fantasia from the get go and I was right. Now Carrie is a fantastic singer, but I don't hear too much from her. Kelly's career has really taken off and I really like her songs and voice style. I think if the other's CD's were written a little better they would have had more stardom, perhaps. I'm not an expert on that matter.

Three days!

I loved BO from the start - though I was not disappointed with Carrie as a choice. I had those two picked to be up in the final three and Carrie is awesome. Constantine reminded me of high school (70s - long hair) and I loved him from the start, especially after singing "I think I love you" and especially after that Mama Mia' song - Bohemian Rhapsody! My God!! What a voice! That song was perfect for him.

But my real favorite that I thought would have lasted longer (though he didn't do bad) was ANWAR - oh my gosh - I melted every time he sang! I was so in love with him.

Speaking of last season - does anyone know why Joseph Murena walked away from the competition? There were so many rumors but I always thought there might be something more serious. Hmmm... and what about that kid that tried to tear Paula apart. I was so proud of her for coming back the next day and sitting bravely through it. People in the crowd with "We love you Paula" signs. I'm glad she didn't miss the next day - that would have made her look like she was hiding.

And no one can forget the "love affair" between Paula and Simon. That is so funny - when one or the other does something - like a kiss - suddenly.

And I love my DAWG! He's awesome.

oh my gosh....my pulse is pumping - I LOVE American Idol. Thanks again for starting this thread.

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
writerterri said:

Three days!

Carrie's songs are mostly on country stations. She has a video on the Top 20 countdown for CMT, but I don't remember what number. It's for "Jesus Take the Wheel" or something like that.

Get Bo's CD. It's great! I bought mine at Wal-Mart before Christmas.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tomorrow, I love ya, you're only a day away!

Thanks for the tip on Bo. I'll look for it again. And I did hear that song from Carrie now that you reminded me. I liked it! Christian singers on the country stations have a harder time becoming more famous, don't they? Or at least they might fade faster unless they write something more mainstream. What do think?

Terri

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i watch faithfully, if only in my hope that they will choke to death on the contents of the gigantic coca cola cups so prominently placed in every camera shot.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
i watch faithfully, if only in my hope that they will choke to death on the contents of the gigantic coca cola cups so prominently placed in every camera shot.

Or at least dribble like normal people do. I have nerver seen Paula take a drink, so I'll bet she has nothing or water in hers. I've seen Randy drink, but if it was Coke he would burp and Simon probably has booze in his as to his boldness.

Can't wait.....

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
William Haskins said:

come on Haskins - admit it. You love the show.
smile.gif

Or maybe you just watch to see if Simon will stick his tongue down Paula's throat. YUK!

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if Simon stuck his tongue down my throat---though, perhaps he's too old for me. Then again, so are all of you and that doesn't stop you. :Hug2:

Last edited:

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
Too HOLD for me? Dear...I can't even blame intoxication on that since I haven't had a drink in a lonnnnnnng time.

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so far very disappointed. Not NEARLY enough people who are amusingly bad at singing. Did people suddenly stop wanting to be publicly humiliated on TV?

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know what I HATE about myself?

That I LOVE watching some of those idiots who think they can sing.

Although the guy "Keith" on either the first or second season was a bit scary. He was the one Simon said was the worst singer on the planet or the universe or something. The guy was so intensely delusional it was scary.

But William Hung could actually carry a tune. Couldn't sing well, but he did stay on pitch. (What a cutie!)

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shwebb said:
You know what I HATE about myself?

That I LOVE watching some of those idiots who think they can sing.

Although the guy "Keith" on either the first or second season was a bit scary. He was the one Simon said was the worst singer on the planet or the universe or something. The guy was so intensely delusional it was scary.

But William Hung could actually carry a tune. Couldn't sing well, but he did stay on pitch. (What a cutie!)

Keith was the poster child for scary. But fun to watch I'll admit.

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
Yes it is... has been on for 46 minutes...this guy is pretty bad. Not amusingly bad, though. Just insanely horrible.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait...........
Two more hours for me.
smile.gif

I feel sorry for the ones that REALLY believe they can sing (ok, that's most of them) but I'm referring to the guys like the "Like a virgin" guy. Remember him? Or what about that psychic woman from last year. I saw on the commercial she comes back this year. LOL These people can't REALLY believe they can sing, can they? Some are obviously just there to grab the spotlight - making their 15 seconds of fame much longer.

I'm recording Commander in Chief so that I can give A.I. my full undivided attention.

And as far as Simon goes.....I'll take his tongue down my throat and his accent in my ear anytime!!

Status
Not open for further replies.