Distractions! Never ending distractions!

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
So, I'm getting me a good head of writing steam up today, it's going well, I'm writing faster than normal, when... knock on the door. It's the guy who reads the metre. I let him read the electricity metre, and then continue.

Getting back into it, then, doink as my IM chime goes off. It's my husband, wanting to discuss something. I briefly discuss it (it's important) then return. Just settled in doink again, it;s a friend. I get rid of them, slightly rudely, tell them I'm busy.

I'm just getting back into it AGAIN when my husband RINGS ME to tell me the same important plans he told me on IM. I snap.

So, now my husband is wondering what he did to piss me off so much, and I am taking a food break before returning to the word mines.

Yet I still got 1500 words, even with all those distractions.

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
It's really just like any job, isn't it? You have things you have to get done amidst tons of distraction or the boss will eat you for dinner. Only this time, you're the boss,too! LOL

bmadsen

I hate mayo
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh the beautiful world of distractions, it just sucks hehe. What I do is turn off all communication devices after clearing out the to-do list (such as the conversation with your husband).

oh, and I use a typewriter, computers are too distracting :D

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
The conversation with my husband wasn;t something I could put a defined time on sadly - it was something important he needed to do that I reminded him about, and then he had to get in touch with me to tell me how it worked out. Twice.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Just imagine if you had the perfect world to write: You're go looking for distractions.